“5 stars is not enough” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
“5 stars is not enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Me and my families love everything about this Motel , shiv (the owner ) came a few times to see if we need anything even tho we dint cause they have everything, i totally recommend this motel to everyone is CLEAN, GOOD EMPLOYEES , is very kids friendly , and adult cause you have a liquor store next door and pharmacy , and mcdonals to, and is pet friendly. 5 stars is not enough

Shiv B, Owner at The Sand Box Motel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Wow! I can't tell you how much we appreciate your kind words, Gilbert. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and felt well taken care of -- that's definitely what we're aiming for. I really appreciate you spreading the the good word about us here on TripAdvisor and I hope we'll see you again soon.

Until next time,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Temple, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We booked a last minute overnight birthday trip Sun-Mon for my daughter. Most of the hotels near the beach/boardwalk were either booked or over $150 a night. The Sand Box is located near an Acme and Wawa. I'm not sure how far of a walk it would be to the boardwalk. We parked in a lot near the boardwalk 23rd street for $7.

We had room #22 which had a king size bed and a full size futon, stove top, mini fridge, microwave, dishes, table with 2 chairs, tv and bathroom with a stand up shower. The room was super clean. The floor of the shower stall was very slippery. Both the bed and futon had hard semi uncomfortable mattresses. The pool is a sufficient size and has a slide of which my daughter loved. There is also a small whirlpool for adults. There were gas grills on each floor (there is 2 floors). The ice machine is on the first floor and I do not remember seeing an elevator..

Overall, the hotel was clean and we felt safe. We pretty much only showered and slept in the room. The staff was super friendly.

We would stay here again and maybe try a bigger room.

Room Tip: I didn't see an elevator so request bottom floor if you can not do stairs. Ice machine is on...
Shiv B, Owner at The Sand Box Motel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review us here. Although I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the most part, I apologize that the mattresses were a little too hard for your comfort level. If there's ever anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable next time, please feel free to reach out and let us know!

Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

The staff was amazing! Everyone always had a smile and seemed so genuinely happy to be there making sure we were having a great time. The location isn't ideal...but the pool (with complimentary floats and childrens life jackets) and hot tub definitely made up for it.

• Stayed July 2014
Shiv B, Owner at The Sand Box Motel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Jessica, it's our top priority to make sure that everyone has a great time when they come stay here! Although I'm sorry to hear that the location let you down, I'm glad we could make up for it with our pool and hot tub. Hope to see you again!

Woodbury Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

EXCELLENT describe our visit! We have been coming to this motel for several years and have ALWAYS enjoyed ourselves. Recently it has been taking over by new management and after talking with Shiv can't wait to see all the changes he has planned. I already see some many nice improvements, hot tub and pool open late to the fancy folded towels in the rooms. Rooms are clean with no weird or smelly odors. Pool and hot tub are very clean and inviting.(We enjoyed using them every night) They have open patio on roof of car port with chairs and bbq grill to enjoy late night drinks/ food or just relax. You will never meet a nicer more accommodating owner/manager then Shiv.I could go on and on about how much we enjoyed staying here. I can't wait to come back!!!!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Shiv B, Owner at The Sand Box Motel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Is there anything better than getting to enjoy the hot tub when you're on vacation, Sue? I'm happy to hear that you had a nice stay at our place -- we can't wait to have you back!

North Arlington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Sandbox Motel is like a little hidden gem in Wildwood. The rooms are comfy, the staff makes you feel welcome, the pool and hot tub are a great place to relax and you can make a great burger for lunch while you tan in the sun. The motel is only 4 blocks from the Boardwalk, the price is reasonable and the owner, Shiv, is always around to address any questions or concerns you may have during your stay. Having stayed at other motels in the past I have to mention how comfortable my kids felt during our vacation. The staff always made sure the pool was clean and the motel had a supply of sand and pool toys for the kids to use, including floaties:) We can't wait to go back. It's an awesome place to stay!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Shiv B, Owner at The Sand Box Motel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Lizette, your review is a gem to read! I'm so glad to hear you and your family felt comfortable staying here. We can't wait to have you back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed here for two nights and it was good. The staff was friendly and helpful. After checkout they they let us keep out food cold In the staff refrigerator as we wanted to spend the day in wildwood. They even let us stay at the pool for the day. Very nice of them. Many of the hotel staff In the area are nasty but this owner was so nice that we look forward to coming back to this hotel. Affordable too.

• Stayed June 2014
Shiv B, Owner at The Sand Box Motel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Panikos, I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. There's nothing better than getting to spend a day in the sun! Can't wait to see you again.

Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

What a great place to stay, I highly recommend it. It was clean and the staff was very nice. I couldn't ask for anything more they have BBQ's you can use, a pool that the kids played in all day. My son especially loved playing in the sandbox and I loved relaxing in the hot tub. It's conveniently located next to everything. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Get the apartments on the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Shiv B, Owner at The Sand Box Motel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
BBQ, beach, and hot tub -- sounds like you really had a fun time, Gilda! I'm so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. We'd love to have you back!

Shiv, Owner

Been to The Sand Box Motel? Share your experiences!