“worst place I've ever stayed” 1 of 5 stars

You added Skylark Resort Motel to your Saves list
Skylark Resort Motel
3917 Atlantic Ave, Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #23 of 78 Hotels in Wildwood
“worst place I've ever stayed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The room was small with two our room had 2 double beds.One of the beds was wet we could not even use it.The mattresses were sure soft ( not good ) The TV was on top of a armour it was a high one and you were looking up at the ceiling .( that is how high it was ).The bath room was smaller then a closet. you could not bend down to wash your feet in the shower.Parking was terrible.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

StAff Is Rude They Steal Your Money! They Let Some People Stay In Rooms With 10 People And Let Other Stay With 4 (The Max) And Charge Them. Owner Is Rude Staff Wakes YoU Up. Would Not Stay Again...NoT WelcominG Also Peoples Kids Are LoUd And Wake YoU Up The Customers Have No consideration

Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Its really good Motel for Family and Friends. I went with my family all of them like it. Nice and clean rooms and main think good location. On that ave where the motel is lots for restaurants and shops. Very near from boardwalk. I like swimming pool too. No problem for parking. One more think I like in motel that a lady who sit in front deck name Sophiya she help us a lot for fun activity, restaurants etc. She is very friendly bez of her we find every think easily bez we went there(wildwood)first time. If I will go next time I will stay there...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Me,my wife and my son we stay there for one week it's was very nice and clean and the price was perfect the people work in the office they are very nice.
They have small deli&pizzeria right next the motel.

Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We decided on a Sunday to take our kids on a VERY last minute vacation on Thursday---our first family vacation, in fact. Our older kids have been asking for years to go to a beach overnight and for years we told them we couldn't pull it off. This year, for some reason, I decided to take on the challenge and figure out if there was a way we could take them on a surprise trip to the shore. So, on a strict, fairly low budget, I searched. I had no idea where we were going that would allow us nice accommodations near a beach all while reasonably priced. Living in Maryland all we knew was Ocean City and how expensive that could get, especially mid-July. I literally searched ALL day Saturday and Sunday and somehow found Wildwood. I've never been to NJ on vacation before so I had no idea what we were getting into. I went purely off of online reviews and prayed we'd be able to keep two pre-teens and an 18 month old entertained all at the same time. The next obstacle was finding a hotel/house with at least two separate sleeping areas so we'd be able to put the baby down without out the rest of us having to go to sleep at the same time. I found the skylark site off of the "stay and play" portion of Morey's Piers website. I was hesitant to say the least. The website was nice but that didn't mean the rooms were really what they looked like in the pictures. We were limited on room style choices since it was last minute, but we chose the skylark because it looked like it had a table, a bigger fridge, and the layout would work better for our family.

We stayed in room 210. The layout was a little different than what we saw online but still doable. It was a big/small room. If it was just 2-3 people it would be a good sized room. Fitting 2 adults, a 10, 11, and 18 month old in that space was tight, but doable. We brought my son's pack and play and had to squeeze it in the closet area (an area hidden by a curtain--sounds shady but wasn't). We gave the older two the queen bed and my husband and I took the sofa bed (also a queen, I believe) with the thinking we would take my son in the living/kitchen area and keep him occupied in the morning until the older kids woke up. That was good in theory---although there was a pocket door separating the areas, the bedroom area got quite warm when the door was shut. So, my husband took our son out every morning to Britton's bakery (good apple fritters and donuts) for coffee and donuts. It gave the rest of us an extra two hours or so to sleep. Housekeeping did put the sofa bed back into a sofa everyday so when we got back from the pier we were able to use the space as a living area. The table only sat 3 but it was fine for a quick meal in to save us some money. There was a small microwave, a fairly large (medium sized? Bigger than dorm style, but smaller than full size) fridge/freezer combo, a small sink w/ soap/rag, silverware, dishes, etc.

The sofa bed was surprisingly comfortable. Firm---we thought when we first got in in we were going to hate it but when we woke in the morning we both said we slept great. Much more supportive than any other sofa beds I've slept on in the past. The kids said the bed was firm, but comfy. The decor was cute---kinda retro. Seems like it was probably recently remodeled. The kids loved the lava lamps and the other little details near the windows. There were some things like the corners of wallpaper peeling in the bathroom but that didn't seem like a big deal. Especially to me because normally I'm a total freak about sleeping in hotels...to the point I bring my own little sleep sack to sleep and pillow so i don't have to touch the bed. The room was very, very clean. The things like the wallpaper and tile color (a gold/white check) just seemed like the building was little older but not dirty. The sheets were clean and the blanket was fresh (they gave us brand new ones) and nice and fleecy. The comforter on the bed was covered by a duvet--not a nasty bedspread. I think the bath products were all Philosophy brand. The shower wasn't wonderful----little bit of low pressure but that worked out in our favor after we got sunburned and didn't want to be pelted by high water pressure. It wasn't like a trickle---but if you're used to really strong flow you're not going to get it -- at least in room 310.

We didn't use the pool but it looked nice. Closed a little early, in my opinion. I think at 9 or 930pm. There was a continental breakfast of mini muffins, bagels, danishes, juice and coffee. It was enough to hold us over til lunch time. I saw they loaned out bikes/helmets and beach supplies (boogie boards, umbrella, etc.) All of these things were limited but it didn't seem like ppl were waiting in line either. They offered board games as well as a mini arcade room, but we didn't use them.

We bought the stay and play pack---$70 each person for 3 nights (the baby was free). So from 3pm Thursday thru 6pm Sunday we could use all of the piers which was worth every penny. We only used it Fri and Sat and that was worth it!! The kids LOVED both water parks and there was enough to keep all three kids entertained. The older kids loved the rides too. I'd highly encourage buying the tickets for the piers. It was a good walk up to all the piers....but possible if you didn't want to pay for parking. We found some lots that were only $6/day so we found it worth the $ to drive closer to the pier instead of lugging everything up (we took our lunches w/ us). And you can go to the beach from the piers....really is an all in one package.

All of the staff was unbelievably friendly. And not like "I have to be friendly" friendly but genuinely friendly. Like you've known them all your life. Definitely would return and recommend. If you have more than two kids though I'd recommend a suite/cottage, etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Linden, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ive been staying at the Skylark twice per Summer, for 15 yrs now, and there are many reasons why I refuse to stay elsewhere. Aside from my love for it's doo-wop-era them, and warm colors, I appreciate the cleanliness - rooms are spotless (and pre-air conditioned) upon check in, the grounds are bare-foot walkable, trash/recycle cans are constantly emptied, the pool is immaculate. An obsessive neat-freak will be delighted here. I know - I'm one!
Rooms are as fully equipped as a shore motel room should be. C'mon, who needs a 60" plasma TV a block away from the ocean and boardwalk full of entertainment?! You can Keep Up With The Kartrashians when you go back home. And you can get CNN on your phone. Really.
Theres a 2nd level sundeck that gets a full day's sun, and the lounge chairs are actually comfortable - always a bonus, though rare at other motels.
The pool is a modest size, complete with lounge chairs and kids toys/floatation tubes, and facing the setting Summer sun.
Doo-Wop theme with the coolest neon lights, and palm trees = perfect to sit on deck and admire at night, before turning in. God, I wanna live here!
Location is PRIME - block from boardwalk/Great White coaster. Skylark is on Atlantic ave, where most restaurants are lined up, but none are on that block, so youre minus the noise and crowds that gather at restaurants.
Convention Cr. is only a few blocks away, as is the bus station, and a 24/7 Rite Aid. 3am munchies? Noooo problem. Theres even a corner deli attached to the Skylark.
Prices are among the most reasonable you will find anywhere - especially at such a clean, quality motel, in a prime location!
Now as for the staff.......if I say that they are all wayyyy too nice and helpful, I'd be nailing it on the head! Even when I first started staying there - before they knew me - they were always the friendliest people! It's a family owned and maintained motel, so staying there feels like youre a part of that family. Any info on dining, etc, they will help you with, and theres a member in the office 24/7, watching over the place. No unwanted visitors to worry about.
The cherry on the Skylark cake, is Sophia at the front desk! Never anything but a warm smile and pleasant greeting from her. And though I wish she'd let her hair down once in awhile, she even looks cute with it tied back! How many women can pull that off??:-)
I cant wait to go back in a few weeks, for another 10 days!

Room Tip: Ive stayed on both levels, on all sides, and my only preference is on the upper level, where I have...