“Impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 127 Restaurants in Wildwood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open Daily 5-10PM (Closed Tues)Free ParkingHappy Hour 5-7pmEarly Dining 5-6pmLive Music Thurs-Sun
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

In my opinion, Wildwood was in much need of a restaurant like this - something new and modern. I get tired of eating the same old things every visit. My family really enjoyed our meal. They don't offer anything too crazy, so I was able to share with my 11 month old son. However, don't expect to find your regular old boring seafood here. My salmon was excellent, possibly the best I ever had. It was served over fingerling potatoes and snow peas, which were also very good. My husband had the clams over linguine and the sauce was to die for. Yum! And last, but certainly not least, I had the drink special - Blue Bayou- and it was awesome and totally different from anything I have ever had before.

If you are looking for something besides diners and basic seafood during your next trip to Wildwood, you must give this restaurant a try.

• Polish first
cape may court house, n.j.
“I should have ordered the Grouper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Jersey Girl failed the crab cake test. Do not take it too hard, Jersey Girl. It is a hard test to pass and it takes years of study and application. What, exactly, was wrong with your crab cakes ?
Crab meat tasted as if it had been frozen and quickly defrosted. Was it all blue claw or a mix of other crab meat ? I could not trust my taste buds to pin point the exact problem - crab meat was bland and the entire cake tasted of blandness. It should be a sensory delight to the taste buds. Tomato-orange salsa was o.k. with very good crisp asparagus. Rice pilaf judged o.k.
Soup was surprisingly good - a multi- brown bean with mushroom, if my memory is correct. But, what's with serving soup mildly warm ? Soup has to be served hot. Steam coming off the surface is always a nice indication.
Now, on the other hand, I don't want soup served scalding, with searing heat , trip to the E.R. to remove what is left of my tongue hotness. Nor do I want to add ice to cool down my soup. When soup is served that hot, I wonder what the Chef is trying to kill.
Now, as I said, Jersey Girl, your soup is excellent. Just serve it hot.
Whiskey Bourbon bread pudding is one of my favorites. One of the best I had is soft bread mixed in a egg custard for a soft consistency like a fine pudding with Bourbon sauce and whip cream on top.
Your version was all bread, too stiff and formal, like a brick wall I had to saw through. You need a different bread, more egg custard and something a little easier to digest . Bread pudding was not finished.
Bourbon sauce was excellent and I may have licked the plate. Sorry about that, chief.
Service was polite and ice water glass was refilled. Free parking across street with restaurant receipt.
Happy hour, one of my favorite times to review a restaurants mettle, offers $ 3:00 micro brews, $ 4:00 wines $ 6:00 martinis and $ 5:00 appetizers between 1700 and 1900 hours.
Starting at 1700 and ending at 1800 hours two dinners for $ 25:00 dollars are offered with 4 choices.
My two choices for my next visit are Pan Roasted Grouper served with tomato, cucumber, cilantro chilled quinoa salad with lime vinaigrette.
Or, seared Shrimp and Scallop served with tomato spinach risotto. Decisions. Decisions.
I SHELL RETURN, LANDING MY KAYAK at Schellenger and the beach. Also free parking.
My next review, Jersey Girl, will be HAPPY HOUR ! !

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coram, New York
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Our favorite restaurant in the Wildwoods. We both had the Tomato Bisque Soup which was awesome and the shrimp and scallop risotto which was excellent and correctly portioned. The waitress and service were excellent.

“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

This was my second trip to jersey girl. I had the hangar steak and my mom had the stuffed shrimp. The food was great , the waitress was very nice. I will be back again next year.

“All Great, Except...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

This was our family's second visit to Jersey Girl, because we enjoyed it so much last year. We took advantage of their early bird - two dinners for $25. Depending on what you order, your review will differ. Last year we all ranked it a 5. This year, three adults ranked it 5, 4 & 3. My husband had the pork chops & polenta, which he said were the juiciest, best he's ever had. I had the hangar steak, which while it was seasoned & cooked perfectly, was very chewy. Grandma just said that she is still chewing hers. Give it a try, just be warned about the steak.

• 4 of 5 stars Food