“A Wonderful Find” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 134 restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Open Daily 5-10PM (Closed Tues)Free ParkingHappy Hour 5-7pmEarly Dining 5-6pmLive Music Thurs-Sun
Ocean County, NJ
“A Wonderful Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My bf and I were meeting my aunt and her friend in Wildwood for dinner. MY aunt frequents Wildwood much more often than we do although we live a little more than an hour north. My aunt instructed us to pick the restaurant. Not being too familiar with the restaurant scene in Wildwood, we used our TripAdvisor App and decided the Jersey Girl Bar and Restaurant worked for us. We were meeting my aunt at the Boardwalk Bar and Grill which just happened to be across the street from Jersey Girl. The bartender there said the food at Jersey Girl was really good, so we headed over to try it out after a drink. The atmosphere is great! All four of us were thrilled with our dinners. Recently I had jaw surgery so chewing has been difficult, and so has eating out. I ordered a grilled cheese and Jersey Girl's tomato bisque and it was the best meal I have eaten since the surgery 6 weeks ago! My bf and my aunt loved there meals, as well as her friend who has a gluten allergy! We will definitely be making Jersey Girl a regular stop on our Wildwood visits!

89% Recommend
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Food,Good Service, And The Chef Is HOT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went there with friends on vacation, tired of pizza and fried seafood, we figured lets try it out. Nice bar so we sat there, ordered cocktails and checked out the menu. The drinks were awsome,really well made and tasty.The phillies game was on so we were checking it out, all of us being philly girls! We got some fish sliders and eggplant parm, both very good, we shared them. They had a pasta special called rags, I really did'nt know what it was,and I'm Italian,but the bartender said the chef makes it fresh that day. Like I said I'm Italian and can't say no to pasta,but it can't be like Nonna's. I tell you what,this was the best macoroni I had in my life. Then this guy comes to the bar and is talking to the bartender and getting a soda checking out the phillies game,I guess he was the chef, he had a t-shirt that said CHEF on it, LOL and these jaguar pants on, I wanted to say something but ...me and my girlfriends joked about it all night. I'll be back, just to see if the chef can give me some private cooking lessons...LOL

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wayne, New Jersey
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is a gem! Food and ambiance are great. The owners and staff are all so friendly
and singer Jimmy is fantastic. Ask him to do a few Sinatra or James Taylor songs, what a great voice!! Not many places like this around where you can enjoy dinner and here a great singer. It's a perfect shore place and experierence. It's our favorite place for dinner when ever we are in Wildwood.

Also great place for a function also. Had engagement party there last Sept. for my son and all who attended still rave about the place, food,how wonderful the staff was and how fantastic Jimmy the entertainer's voice was. He sang and DJ'd and had everyone dancing all night. Owners Phil and Debbie worked close with me helping to select menu, setting up and decorating room. Everyone raved over Debbie's cocktail hour homemade appetizers and desserts. Was more than I hoped for and party all are still talking about!

Yardville, New Jersey
“Enjoyed a great Early Bird Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Every year, we go to Wildwood for the Firemen's Convention. Every year, it is a challenge for us to find a good restaurant for dinner. First, it is the end of the season some restaurants reduce hours or even close. Second, the summer help is gone so staff may be less than normal. Finally, we have to compete with many other firemen and their families to find a place and get a table.

This year, we decided to try the Jersey Girl due to the great Trip Advisor reviews. We loved our meal there and definitely plan to return in the future.

The restaurant is about a block off the boardwalk so we decided not to bring our car. Although the restaurant has a lot nearby, you never know how crowded these will be. My husband did take a look and said the lot still looked like it had some spaces but this was between 5 and 6 PM.

The restaurant is smallish and decorated in a mod style. There is a bar near the entrance. We came in and were greeted. We were then escorted to a small table in the main dining room. You can also eat outside on the sidewalk as we saw a large party set up this way when we were leaving.

The menu was a little noveau and a little pricey (that is usual for Wildwood) but they had a terrific Early Bird Special that I would totally recommend. It had 4 entree choices but they were almost half price compared to the usual menu (2 meals for $25). Plus, you can make some changes, if you don't mind the upcharge.

The restaurant also has a bar (not all Wildwood eateries do) so we ordered a drink before our mean. I had Blue Moon and my husband had Jack and Coke. Both were normal sized, decently priced, and well made. No complaints there.

For the Early Bird Special, we both decided to have the Maryland Chicken, which is a chicken breast topped with crabmeat, aspargus, and sauce. It came with a side of garlic mashed potatoes. Yum yum! It was very good.

The meal also came with a choice of a house salad or soup. The house salad was spring mix, tomatoes, onions and a house vinaigrette. I had this choice and it was very good and a decent size. My husband does not like spring mix so he wanted to have soup. However, the choice of soup was tomato bisque and he doesn't like that either (yeah, he is difficult to go out with!). Instead, he was allowed to pick one of the other soups instead. He chose the Sicilian Seafood Chowder, which was $3 more expensive than the tomato bisque so we had to add that upgrade charge on to the cost. It was well worth it as he received a large bowl of tomato-based broth with pasta and plenty of scallops, shrimp, and crab meat. He ate the whole bowl and said it was very tasty. I tried a taste and found the broth very zesty.

After dinner, we both had dessert. He tried the peanut butter mousse pie (special item that night) and it was very good. Excellent peanut butter taste. I tried a regular item - a marscapone cream fruit tart - as I wanted something light. The tart was very good but had two notes that were a little off. This tart depends greatly on the quality of the fruit and mine was a little tart. It wasn't too bad but, with the next item, would keep me from ordering it again. There was a berry flavored syrup on the fruit and used as a decoration and it was very very tart - too much so. It took the tart down a step with its sour flavor.

The service was excellent - from the hostess who seated us to the waitress who constantly checked on us and answered all kinds of questions about the food. The restaurant was a little busy and everyone seemed to enjoy their food and be happy with the service. I can see during the busy summer months, it may be a different story as the restaurant is small but we will definitely return to Jersey Girl again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Everything was great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

My family and I went to wildwood in September and we couldn't decide on a Place to eat ( especially when we ate at Neil's the night before and it was horrible ) so we decided on Jersey Girl well right as we walked in the door we got a warming greeting. Well we first got an appetizer which was hot crab dip and it was great. Then 2 of us got salads I got a caesar and she got a pear salad not Only was the presentation amazing the salad was soo good and this is salad. So I got chicken Baltimore which is chicken with lump crab meat with garlic potatoes and asparagus. Another on of us got a shrimp appetizer and said the flavors were excellent and another one of us got a burger and said it was great. For the total of our meal was around 60 dollars but we also got wine. so if your considering you should defiantly go!!