“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Buffet
Pittsburgh, PA
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Breakfast buffet used to be wonderful and was our go-to restaurant daily during our stays in NJ. This trip we visited this restaurant only once. We were disappointed in service, quality and selection.

Visited August 2014

“Horrible managerial methods”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Went to the rusty rudder for their $6.99 all you can eat on August 27. Had to pay before we even sat down. Asked if we could sit at a table away from the window where the sun was coming in and we're told to pull the blind down. We were charged three dollars for a glass of orange juice and two dollars for a glass of ice tea both glasses 8 ounces. $20 and change for two people eating breakfast. You only time we saw a server at our table was when they brought a can of whip cream. And then they have the audacity to post a sign to "don't forget to tip your servers!!!" Really… Who does that!!! HORRIBLE!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“TERRIBLE!! Eat someplace else!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Went there Saturday evening around 5:30-6pm and they were dead! That should have been out first clue. We were there about 4 years ago and it was wonderful! But since then things have majorly gone down hill! You pay before you even eat, the buffet was terrible "pre made" frozen food, there was maybe 25 items to choose from! Of which maybe 5 items were seafood related. It was just a mess! I will never go back and would not send anyone I know there! Please pick a different place to eat!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Horrible food..very overpriced for the garbage they serve!! I wish I looked for reviews before we wasted our money.

Erlanger, Kentucky
“Worst Food Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Picked up a brochure claiming The Rusty Rudder as an "Award Winning Buffet". This buffet was anything but award-winning. I had bbq ribs which tasted awful. The fettuccine and broccoli was bland. When I asked for someone to slice the prime rib, the woman who was cleaning the buffet tables came over and carved a slice for me. I don' think the person using soapy water (I think) and a sponge cleaning the food area should be the same person carving the meat. Completely lost my appetite at this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere