“wonderful and delightful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in Wildwood
Brooklyn, New York
“wonderful and delightful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I was there for the soccor games with my children. It has a great location because we just had to cross the street and there was the beach. I never really had to move my car to drive anywhere. The staff was so helpful with giving me direction and where to go to eat most of them were walking distance. The room.were spacious were i didnt feel culter with my kids and their friends. It was very clean. I stay in an ocean view which has a lovely view of the ocean looking to the side. They added a small stone waterfall which wasnt there last year whem i stayed but it gave the pool an exotic look. I would recommend this motel because you see me there next year again for the soccor games.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

Stayed here for a few days and had a great time. The staff was knowledgable and friendly and the rooms were nicely done and clean. Great location if you need to be at the convention center for anything as it is right across the street. Great access to beach and boardwalk for summer too!! I will return

Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Wailuku, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

I was recommended to stay here through a friend/relative. We don't normally stay at Days Inn's, preferring higher-standard rated properties, but being at The Shore there were limited options, and we gave Days Inn a try - what a pleasant surprise

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Stayed in October for work in area. Awoke to beach across the street. Took a nice quiet walk before work. My room was clean and neat as I expected. I was not sure where to eat because it appeared much of the town was closed, however the desk had a whole list of places that were open. I ended up at La Piazza, which was just around the corner. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Traveling on business for many years I have seen a lot hotels, this is the second worst I've been so far. Dirty, very old, noisy. All our favorite hotels in Cap May were booked, so we decided to give the Days Inn a chance. Warned by other reviews I booked a ocean front room to be sure to get a remodeled one. Front desk staff was nice and helpful, after request she moved us up from 2nd to 3rd floor after checking if the room was cleaned.

If this was a remodeled room I don't want to see the old ones....just old and ugly. Walls are thin like paper, you can hear every word of your neighbors. The sofa had 3 big spots, grand ma's chair was all over with crumbs. Bathroom was very small, one looong black hair was across the bath room door (looks like a hint for the maid from the previous guest but for what ever reason this treasure was not found...)

On the positive side, Internet speed was ok, amenities ok as well and yes, you can see the ocean overlooking a huge parking lot.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Long Branch, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Other than the courteous staff, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The odor of the room was nauseating, there was a hole in the ceiling in the bedroom, the ceiling above the shower was discolored, the linens were dirty and moldy. They even amazingly advertise an ocean view when the view is actually a baseball diamond.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

My wife and I arrived with our teenager and young son late Sunday night. I quickly found out the difference between an Ocean view and an Ocean front. From where they put us you had to crank your neck to see the ocean but I guess that still qualifies as Ocean view!

I told the young lady at the front desk that in some of the reviews of this hotel people talked about some rooms being upgraded with newer furniture and others still being in need of upgrades. I asked for a room with newer furniture etc... The room they gave us was straight up nasty; there is no other way to describe it. From mold on everything to dirt everywhere. There was cigarette holes in the blanket and rips in the sleeper sofa. We were too tired to complain that night but in the morning my wife complained to the manager Nick, who graciously moved us to another room (Ocean view) with newer furniture and an LCD TV. The room was also spotless! Nick also gave us free breakfast at the Days Inn Diner which is not actually a part of the Days Inn but a block away. They have decent food there and pleasant staff. Almost all the staff members at the Days Inn were pleasant and polite and if I could get the same room again iw ould return. So, it is really hit or miss depending on what room they give you!

The Days Inn is directly across from the Convention Center and the beach. It is also around .2 miles or less from the first store on the boardwalk.

Things to do: The Silver Bullet is a must, the Beach is pretty clean and fun, the Boardwalk has everything from Morey's Pier to Monster truck Rides. There is the County Zoo around 8 miles away which is free -- donation only.

Loved Wildwood NJ and may return to the Days Inn...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn - Wildwood? Share your experiences!