“Hotel was OK, but will not be going back” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn - Wildwood
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4610 Ocean Avenue, Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
Veracruz, Mexico
“Hotel was OK, but will not be going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

We stayed at the Days Inn Wildwood for Labor Day weekend this year. We were there for 3 nights total, with myself, my husband, 22 month old son, and my in laws.
My husband, son and I arrived early on Friday so we could have some beach time before checking in. Around 1 pm we went to the hotel to see if they could have our room ready early so we could put our son down for his nap. They said it was no problem and would call us when the room was ready. We waited and waited, and even went back to see if it was ready after 2 o'clock and it was not. They finally called up 7 minutes before the check in time to tell us our room was ready. It was NO HELP at all for us with a cranky toddler. We were shocked that a hotel that caters to families could not be more accommodating to us, especially for the price we were paying for their "super suite". (I know they can say that check in is at 3, and we knew that, but we had never had a problem checking in early before at any hotel we have stayed it.)
The actual hotel was fine. It looked like every other hotel in Wildwood. Our room had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchenette area with table, and living room area. The location was great, only a block from the convention center and a short walk to the piers. The downside of the location is the long walk to the beach. The beaches are much shorter in North Wildwood.
More problems we encountered:
My parents came down Sunday and stayed in a separate room in the Days Inn. They checked into their room only to find there were no towels or sheets in their room.
Our maid service came so late in the afternoon that we ended up having to go out and get our own towels to take showers after being at the beach all day.
Overall, the hotel is an ok place to stay in Wildwood, but do not expect any customer service while you are there. I would NOT stay here again based on our experience, but also because I felt it was very overpriced. I have stayed at much better places in Wildwood for a lot less money.

• Liked — Being close to the boardwalk
  • Disliked — Hotel's customer service, price
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Harrisburg, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

I wish I had listened to the reviews here on Trip Advisor. I've never been so miserable with a hotel stay.

When we arrived, half of the dishes were missing, and there were no bath towels. A maid had to come upstairs to check...to make sure I was telling the truth....before going down and retrieving the exact things I said were missing.

The "work out room" is a tiny closet sized room with a broken treadmill and two filthy stationary bikes.

They "Forgot" to clean our room on two different occasions. I called repeatedly before someone came up and took care of the room...they informed me they "missed" my room. Oops.

When providing me with replacement sheets for the flip out sofa (which my fiance and I had to use, because his two kids were in the bedroom), I gave them the pillowcases without thinking. When we returned later in the evening, I realized my mistake, and called the front desk to request someone bring two pillowcases. The woman at the front desk informed me I would have to come get them, she was not going to bring them up to me. Everyone was already changed for bed (including myself) so I was in no state of dress to go down and get the pillowcases myself. I informed her of that, and she said "Well, I'm sorry" and she HUNG UP ON ME.

The couch we slept on was dirty, smelled horrible and was the most uncomfortable flip out couch I've ever been in.

The Air Conditioning for the entire suite is one old air conditioning unit in the bedroom...so, in order to keep the suite cool, it had to be on full blast in the bedroom...and the door needed to be open. The kids froze, we roasted.

We LOVED Wildwood...enjoyed the beach, and the location of the hotel allowed us to walk everywhere, instead of drive....but location was the only nice thing. I intend to come back to Wildwood next year...but I will absolutely find another hotel. For the unbelievable price they charge at Day's Inn, I feel we really got ripped off.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Been to Days Inn - Wildwood? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn - Wildwood

Address: 4610 Ocean Avenue, Wildwood, NJ 08260
Location: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Wildwood
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#12 On the Beach Hotel in Wildwood
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn - Wildwood 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn - Wildwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn - Wildwood Hotel Wildwood
Wildwood Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn - Wildwood, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.