“Clean e excellent location!” 4 of 5 stars

AA Heart of Wildwood Motels
3915 Ocean Ave, Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #19 of 78 Hotels in Wildwood
Kinnelon, New Jersey
“Clean e excellent location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

All in all this was a good hotel. Room was updated e clean. Right across the street from the boardwalk. I would come back!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Let me first say AA Heart of WildWood Motel Is truly a very nice place to stay were a family of 3 with a 14 yr old son this Motel exceeded our expectations in every way! And there is not something about Mary.... She runs a fine Motel one you would want to return to year after year. the staff were helpful if needed, pleasant.. The Standard rooms were small but you have a choice of several other sizes so book ahead the room had a frig,micro,TV, air conditioner and 3 windows all open what a sea breeze. A large picture window,opposite wall med. window and small window in bathroom. we were in building 1 patio view which was nice the grounds are so clean and well maintained bright and fresh. From the moment you step in the office you will know you made the right choice. location is great! pool is refreshing and what a view and the beach wow! thanks to AA Heart. for a nice stay.........

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
aldan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The owner is a ignorant plain and simple. She is the one with short gray hair. She wouldn't let you blow bubbles outside the room because quote "the maids would have to clean that up," I asked for a certain room months ahead and we told them specifically which room #. Of course when we get there we are told we're not getting the room we want, and she was ignorant about it and said "we could put a pice of paper over your room # and we can just "pretend" it's the room you want," and she gave my family relative, (the one who drove me and my husband down for our anniversary weekend and picked us up to take us home), a hard time about where he could park and it made NO sense at all. there were plenty of parking spaces and she was trying to make him park very far away and that would have made it hard for us to keep going up and down the stairs to get our things and put them in the truck.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Edgewater Park, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed there for the weekend 6/30-7-2/12. I was there with my 3 sons, and we had a great time! We had the suite and It was VERY clean..the whole place is clean! Staff very friendly and helpful!
I read some reviews before I left about how rude Mary was ( the owner) and I do not agree.. she was friendly and thanked me for staying there as I was checking out. The front desk girl was also very nice, I thought its was so cool how the owners kept an eye on things, I think they have to do that being that things get crazy at the beach this time of the year. We had a room in building 2, with a poolside view..we could also see the beach and boardwalk from there. I do not have anything negative to report... and I would love to visit there again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Long Valley, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

As a child, I saw this motel built and it is
clean and 'new' as it was then. From the front desk to the staff to the owner you couldn't ask for more. The name of motel
says it all! You are in the center of all the
reasons you go to Wildwood, the boards, the beach, the rides, stores, and food.

• Stayed June 2012
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is an honest review. I will simply list the pros and cons. I stayed in the building on the boardwalk in a 2 double bed motel style room. I will start with the cons. The rooms are small. I don't mean not big, I mean micro. The floor is tiled with 12 inch tiles so the approximate size is 14' long by 12' wide not including the bathroom. If you are not ready for this you will be shocked! The parking is one behind another, 4 deep. this wasn't an issue for me, but may be for some. The prices are high, but in line with the rest of the area. The towels, although plenty, are rough. This is probably standard for most shore motels. Now the pros. The motel is clean. Listen I don't mean somewhat clean I mean sterile, maybe bordering on obsessive clean. Every morning an army of cleaners clean everything. They hand wipe every outside surface. I actually saw someone with a scouring pad cleaning the rim of the pool, DAILY. Most motels in Wildwood do this seasonally. The room maids strip all beds EVERYDAY! It is the first motel room I ever stayed in and didn't think twice about relaxing and putting my head on the pillow. None of that "black foot" from nasty shore carpeting either.Next, the pool area over looks the boardwalk and is beautiful. You won't get harassed enjoying a beer, because the actual pool itself is fenced off, but there is a large deck for people watching, sunbathing or eating some lunch. Finally location. You are on the boardwalk, not close but on. Lastly there's Mary. Ah yes Mary. If you read any 1 or 2 star reviews, I would bet you will read about Mary. Mary is a drill sergeant. She is the owner and runs her motel like a military squad. She walks the perimeter every hour or so. Ensures everything is in order. Makes sure there is no hanky panky. If you are a confrontational person or loud party type person, this is probably not the motel for you. Unfortunately her tough attitude has rubbed off on her front desk help and just comes off cocky when they try and "act" like her. Conclusion: This is a great family motel and no doubt the cleanest motel I have ever been in. The rooms are small but when you weigh your options are worth the trade. Can you find better value? Probably, if you don't mind staying back from the beach a block or two. If you want to be on the boardwalk this is the place to stay. And if you go tell Mary I said "hi", ...........she liked me:) (thank god)

Room Tip: double motel rooms in the middle are small. Outside boardwalk efficiency rooms maybe worth the extra...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
bethlehem,pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

we have been staying here for years and we love it! The motel is very clean and the owners are on top of everything. There are two buildings, one is right on the boardwalk and the pool overlooks the beach and boardwalk,which is fun to people watch. The other building is just across the street also has its own pool, so you dont have to cross the street if you dont want to.The name says it all,Heart of Wildwood,your in the center of everything,go on the boardwalk go left or right and there is tons of things to do! Walking distance to just about everything. My wife and I will be staying here again and again!

Room Tip: Ask for the building on the boardwalk instead of across the street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to AA Heart of Wildwood Motels? Share your experiences!