“never again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
Washingtonville, New York
“never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

the staff at check in was friendly and we were given our room - it was on the first floor by the pool. It smelled, was old , dated and in need of an overhaul. Went to the office to be asked by the evening staff, what i would like them to do about it, I was given sheets to change the linens myself. We were stuck there for the night and after sleeping with the lights on, we were greeted by the manager who tried to make the situation better by offering us another room and/or putting a dehumidifier in the room. The damage had already been done. She was nice enough, but there was too much that had gone wrong. we decided to leave I do not understand the ratings of this hotel, it does not live up to these ratings at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SeagullMotelManager, Manager at Sea Gull Motel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Am c, I am sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience during your stay at our motel. Unfortunately, I was not made aware of the situation until the following morning, although I would not have been able to move you to another room because every room was rented, I would have done a better job of satisfying your needs that evening. I apologize that we were not alerted of any problems with that room by the previous tenants or housekeeping. We take every review on TripAdvisor very seriously and do our best to make any improvements that may be needed immediately. As you can see by the many positive reviews that we get, every person's experience is different. We noticed that you stayed at another area motel that has several bad reviews, however you felt good enough about your stay to give it a positive review so it's best to keep an open mind! We hope that your next stay in Wildwood will be a great one and we thank you for giving us a chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
South Amboy, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Anyone planning a Wildwood vacation really should stay at The Seagull Motel!!!! Everything about this place was awesome!!! Very family oriented, clean and starting from the people who run it to the maid service was top-notch!!!!! I cannot wait for next year when we plan our next Wildwood vacation...... The Seagull Motel with DEFINITELY be our home away from home!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Just let the people know how many to a room and they will help you choose the perfect room!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The seagull motel was a great and exciteing excepeeience for me and my family. The staff was very polite and welcoming the price for the room was unbeatable and the fact that boardwalk was so close made it a fun trip for my children. The pool was amazeing very nice and clear the bbq was a great touch for our dinner. My favorite part was the beautiful view you have from there sundeck faceing the beach. Its a great location and great people work there that make you feel like family. I recomend this motel fore everyone to stay at. Most amazeing trip ive ever had at the wildwood shore seagull staff keep up the good work i will be comming back evey year!

• Stayed July 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sea Gull for three nights. It is an older property but it is clean and very comfortable. It had a nice sized refrigerator, microwave, huge tub, comfy mattresses and pillows.
It is close to the beach and has outdoor showers available. The pool is large and clean, and there is a nice deck above overlooking it with tables and comfortable chairs. Absolutely the ONLY thing I can recommend to the staff is that they change/update window coverings. Quite a bit of light comes in at night which made it hard for me to stay asleep. That being said, I would say anyone who wants a reasonably priced stay, close to the beach should give the Sea Gull a try!

Room Tip: second floor has nice tubs and is above pool level
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SeagullMotelManager, Manager at Sea Gull Motel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Sunniski, Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your time and effort helping to get the word out about our friendly clean seashore accommodations! We are in the process of switching out our vertical blinds for newer wood look blinds and canvas curtains. We completed the 3rd floor motel rooms and have had a positive response from our patrons. We are poised to tackle the 1st and 2nd floors in the Fall. Your recommendations are instrumental in improving our property. Thanks again, Ginny
Somerset, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is not my first trip to Wildwood and it is the forth time staying at the Sea Gull. Each time I do, I look forward to my return. For someone like myself, who has a tight budget, this is the best savings of all the motels there. It is located two small blocks from the boardwalk. The rooms are clean, the staff are personable and helpfull. Each room comes with a frig, microwave, cable TV, free pool and free WiFi. There are lawn chairs outside each room on all levels. There are multiple restaurants in walking distance and virtually every other type of needed service.
This year, my trip would have been a disaster were it not for the Sea Gull Motel: I had arranged for my stay at the Sea Gull in advance. My girls were going to stay with friends three blocks away for some privacy. One day before the trip, the friends cancled!!! OMG What was I going to do?
I called that night and requested another room. They provided me with one right next to mine.
Thank you "Sea Gull Motel" We will be returning for the fifth stay!

Room Tip: Call in advance and ask for a higher level / floor. Like all motels, they are always quieter.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This is now my second year at The Sea Gull Motel, and once again I was impressed with the courteous and friendly staff.. The rooms are clean and even the A Room was still manageable with my wife and two small children.. Will be staying here every time I visit wildwood..

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Do not stay here!!! This motel needs a total upgrade. Our room had a terrible odor. Nothing worked in the room. The hinges on the doors were rusted. Everything was old and dated!! The bathroom needed an extensive cleaning!! Never again!! We had a terrible stay!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I have written to TripAdvisor to dispute this review. I feel that this is not a legitimate review. I have searched our records for June and at no time was an occupant from New York City, NY staying here. I also researched our maintenance logs and there were no multiple complaints about things not working in any of the rooms at any time.

Been to Sea Gull Motel? Share your experiences!