“Great Cust Service BUT awful room” 2 of 5 stars

Knoll's Resort Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4111 Atlantic Ave., Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #50 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
south jersey
“Great Cust Service BUT awful room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We went here on a spontaneous overnight. I booked the room here because we weren't looking to spend a fortune for a Thursday night and The Knolls had the best rate during the week. While, the price was low and the owner(?) who mans the desk was extremely nice and welcoming, the room itself was less than desirable. My problem mainly was the roaches. I really hate to give this place a negative review, but it is what it is. I thought the tiny bug I saw on the dresser was an ant but then I looked at it and realized it was a baby roach. I hardly slept all night because I was up worrying about them. There was one on the wall, the nightstand, and eventually my husband pointed out one on the ceiling. Yes, I know what they look like and they were indeed roaches. My husband said that it happens in some old places like that but I was really kind of freaked out. He had fallen asleep and I took our overnight bag and my purse out to the car and put it in the trunk. I was afraid to keep it in our room and take home any bugs with us. I can say, in the owner's defense, if no one has told him about the bug problem, he probably doesn't know it exists but I didn't have the nerve to report it to him in the morning. My husband was up at 6:30 and ready to go but the office didn't open until 9 so we left the room and walked the boards for a while.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My experience is awesome with this hotel. Beds & toilets are clean. Location is excellent near the broadwalk & beach.
Hotel Staff is very supportive. Its affordable & good in all manner.

Room Tip: I think second floor & first floor is better view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Robbinsville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for prom weekend and I have to say it wasn't too bad. I read reviews here saying the rooms were dirty and there were bugs, etc. but the room was actually very clean! The people working here were very understanding; also, we had a special prom rate so it wasn't too expensive. We loved that the beach was only a block away and the area around us was very safe. It was a very accomadating motel where my friends and I were able to just have fun and make memories that will last forever(: SENIO12S<3 I would definitely recommend Knolls to future high school seniors!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I booked through a discount , no cancellation refunds website, and then felt panic after seeing reviews about dirty and bugs etc. was dreading the trip, didnt even want to bring my bags inside. However, the room was spotlessly clean! I tore apart the sheets, checked under the matresses, in the draws etc. absolutely no bugs, or stains, or dirt, or smell. Its not a fancy, modern room, but the bathroom was clean, plenty of clean towels, soap, shampoo etc. Had a small refrigerator, microwave , coffee machine. The beds were perfectly comfortable. It does not have the luxery of an ocean view, but is SO convenient walk to the boardwalk, market right across the street for suntan lotion, drinks and snacks etc. The pool is a bit small, but then we spend all our time at the beach and boardwalk anyway.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

They were rude, unsympathetic and uncaring. Barely even let me get my request out before I was cut off and told it was already cancelled. I just wanted a friend to be able to use my room, but unfortunately for me, they were completely rude and barely even listened to my request. Good luck dealing with them.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
pennsauken
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

this was the most horrible motel i have ever been in it had a funny smell,nasty beds with flat pillows there was no free wi-fi like we were told,no maid service i was scared to let my kids swim in there nasty looking pool. this was the nastiest motel of all time...Please STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
North Wildwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed there as a chaperon for my friends kid son's soccer beach blast in the middle of June. I must say, location is prime! You are steps away from the Boardwalk & minutes away from the Convention Center. If needed, this is where Registration is, for the games and for your team It was for coaches/Managers only but, I stayed out by the pool in the meantime and it was nice! they have a nice sun-deck facing Atlantic Ave and right next to the property, is a very convenient 24 hour RITE-AID. The rooms are cozy and comfy a bit small but they are nice for a weekend stay. Parking is tricky but once you have a spot it's golden! they do piggy-back parking at the premises so it's ok. I wasn't at the shore to drive with kids in the car all weekend so I parked it towards the back instead under the shade. Overall if you are looking for a great location to the beach & boardwalk and everything else, Wildwood has to offer stop by at Knoll's!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Knoll's Resort Motel? Share your experiences!