“Great location.” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Great location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The service was excellent. There was only one tv in our room.we had the room with the two double beds and a seperate room with a pull out couch and the balcony facing the amusement park and beach.very clean. Pool water was very cold but clean.I would stay here again.the muffin coffee and oj breakfast was good.the staff allowed us to keep our car parked at the motel even after we checked out.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I stayed 8/7-8/9. First time staying and use to staying at the big name hotels like the Marriot but I was amazed! This motel was very clean and the staff very friendly. The location was perfect. We were very close to the boardwalk. Only a block away. Close to everything. I enjoyed being in the heart of everything. There was ample parking. The pool was awesome! Overall the motel was affordable and worth it. The motel is even close to all fast food places, Walmart, and the Shop Rite food store. I will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very very clean, quiet, across the street from the boardwalk. The staff were awesome. The rooms were beautiful. I'll go back there again and again. My children loved the place. The pool is awesome. Everyone made us feel welcomed. This motel is very comfortable most of all it was affordable. This was the best place I've ever stayed at in Wildwood.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I visit the Brittany Motel every other year and its always a pleasure to stay there, very family oriented, very clean , great friendly staff, love the wednesday bbq by the pool. Its the perfect location, one block away from the boardwalk, never have to move my car. Very affordable, have take family and friends and they all love it too.

Freddie Santiago

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I can say that this is another beautiful time we had at the Brittany they never disappoint us. We do like the coffee and donuts in the morning all though I can say I really don't need to eat them. The staff there is really friendly and they are always there to help you with what ever you need. We really like the rooms they are nice and big and most of all clean
I love it here and will not stay anywhere else love love love the Brittany and there staff

The Ford family
P.S. can't wait till next year.

• Stayed July 2013
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family of 4 (2 boys 14 and 11) stayed here for one night over the weekend. This was a last minute booking (booked Wednesday for a Saturday night stay), so I did not have much time to research and plan. This was also my first visit to Wildwood. Based on the reviews here, I thought this would be a good choice for 1 night. I was wrong.

The room was listed as a "Family Suite with Kitchenette". When you enter the suite, there is a round table, a pullout couch, a low dresser with a 17" old style box TV. The kitchenette and bathroom were in the middle of the suite, and then the bedroom in the back with a balcony (overlooking Garfield Ave). The kitchenette did have a small fridge (slightly bigger than the one you had in your college dorm), a stove and microwave. The bedroom had 2 double beds. My kids refused to sleep on the pullout couch.

For the most part, the suite was clean, but the smell was a mix of mustiness and bleach. The air conditioning was on full blast and there was no thermostat to control the temp, so the room was freezing (but this is better than it not working). While it was clean, it was not comfortable. The whole idea of a beach vacation is to not be in your room, but this room really reinforced that feeling. You just didn't want to be there.

The whole experience just screamed 80s motel, which is fine if I was paying 1980s prices, but for $319/night (this included the tax), I expected more - something comfortable and relaxing. This would be a great motel for $150/night. With that said I could not imagine staying here for a week, never mind 1 night.

On a positive note, the service was good, and the staff very pleasant. The location can't be beat as it is 1 block to the beach/boardwalk and in between 2 of the Morey Piers. There was a free continental breakfast with Sunny D, coffee, donuts, coffee cake and crumb cake.

But there are plenty of choices in the Wildwoods. I would think there are better options out there.

tomsriver nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here last year, another good time. two blocks from the boardwalk and rides. great clean pool. Wednesday is free barbacue. reasonable rates. book early in the winter or spring to ensure dates you want.

Room Tip: I like to stay in the front. they have balconys, at night you have an excellent view of the lit up f...