“Excellent!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 78 Hotels in Wildwood
potts
“Excellent!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We just returned today from our two night stay. Stayed in room 211 very spacious room with extremely cold air!!!!!!!!!! Room was also very clean and no dirty or musty smell. Pool was very well taken care of crystal blue water. Plenty of propane grills to grill your food. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. They offer coffee and danish for breakfast in the am from Licios Bakery.Fantastic place for families. The only con just like most of all the other motels there in the Wildwoods is the super tight parking. I would definitely return without any doubt. Motel was in the best location within walking distance to everything. Boardwalk and beach was 1 1/2 blocks away.

Room Tip: 202 room air conditioning not cold. My mom was in that room. Plenty of BBQ grills to cook your food...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This year I wanted to take my children out just for a over nighter when we reached wildwood we tried for another hotel right across the road and the customer service was crap they act like they didnt even want us there we got to the royal Canadian and was welcomed with a warm smile which was wonderful we were escorted to our room my children met friends had a ball n the pool this place is also located 1 block away from the boardwalk which was excellent for me i was able to park my car and enjoy the walk I love this place and the people who run are great clean good space I would reccomend this place with 5 stars !!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Plymouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Not sure if we just hit a bad week or what, but we stayed at the Royal Canadian last week, and thought that we were in Animal House....lots of mid age men and their families partying the whole week away....I wouldn't have minded if it was not so loud all day long. We would sit on the balcony outside our room and have to scream to talk to the person sitting next to you. As i say on the title to this review, the staff were very accomodating and the room was nice. Refrigerator didn't work at first, and the staff gave us a new one quickly....updates in room were nice too. I just wish there were some restrictions on volume of guests and of course, some consideration to those of us that would like to hear the seagulls and other ocean hotel noises. We will not go back because of the crowd.

Room Tip: If you need a place to go and don't mind noise, give it a try
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We needed a room for the weekend n didn't think we'd find one since it was last minute. The girl over the phone was helpful n understanding. We got a king bed in one room n a double in the other. When we got there we we're very pleased with the service n the location of the hotel to the beach, piers, places to eat (a block only). The room, pool, outside we're clean. The only problem if you want to call it one was that we we where down there the VFW Posts were haveing a convention n there was a party every night at the hotel(not the problem). people would come take spots in the parking lot for the guests, but the staff had them towed in a hour n I was able to get a spot. Overall we plan to go back to the shore n 100% plan to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
Pittston, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Lat year In August 2011 My family and I went and this place was so clean and Amazing . It is a great Location from the beach and the boardwalk. The people are so friendly and Nice. I t stay very clean thanks to the maid service. It has lotss f space for your stuff too.Also with the pool it is very clean it is also large and Big. They have a close Restruant close by where they sometimes have a special with the motel.They have a sundeck with many beach chairs on top to tan or whatever you wanna do. Also it is in like the middle of the boardwalk so you can pick which way you want to go to first and It is an amazing place . The peple are so loving and Friendly too. I am going back in August with my family and cant wait.!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Alliance, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We always have a wonderful time at the Royal Canadian. The rooms are pretty average in comparison to other beach hotel rooms. Actually they have lots of room. The air conditioner is in the back room, so we always bring a fan to help it to circulate thru the front room. Maid service was friendly and kept our room neat daily. There are plenty towels available including the evening. The pool is crystal clear and big by comparison to most wildwood hotels. It does lose the sun early in the afternoon, but it stays open late. The beach is close, but the walk to the shore is a little long, so pack accordingly. There are grills and plenty of outdoor tables for use. We had a group of 23 people and we easily had space to eat altogether. The location is great, close to the center of the boardwalk so you have your choice to go either direction. Tucker's across the street is a nice place to eat and relax. It was in walking distance to several bike rentals. We had teenagers and small children in our group and everyone had a blast. We will be back in August and cant wait to get there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Warrington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I made a reservation at this hotel on May 7th for Memorial Day weekend (May 25 – 28). Due to changes in plans, I had to cancel this reservation on May 10th. I called the hotel to cancel the reservation and was told that my deposit of $200 would not be refunded because the cancellation was made less than 21 days before the check-in date. I was not informed of this policy at the time that I made the reservation. By the way, the reservation was made less than 21 days before the check-in date, so there is no way I could have complied with this policy, which again was not explained to me. I explained to the clerk that this was not communicated and not fair. She basically said “too bad, that is our policy”. I asked to speak to the manager and explained my point of view. The manager also said that this was the policy, no exceptions. I asked how I was supposed to know this policy and she said it was on the website. Since I didn’t make the reservation on the website, I had no way of seeing this policy, which by the way is in an obscure place in small print. I tried to explain this to the manager, who would only give me the name Colleen, and she hung up on me. I called back and Colleen hung up on me again. I called again and Colleen hung up on me again. I then got someone named Maria on the phone who told me to write a letter. This policy is not only ridiculous; the reservation staff at this hotel is incompetent, rude and should not have this position.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Canadian Resort Motel? Share your experiences!