“Did I stay at a different hotel ?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dolphin Inn

You added Dolphin Inn to your Saves list
Dolphin Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5201 Atlantic Ave., Wildwood, NJ 08260 (Formerly Eden Roc Motel)   |
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
“Did I stay at a different hotel ?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

First, we came early never a problem anywhere else but here they wouldn't put us in untill exactly 2pm. Then after getting changed on the boards and walking back to the motel and asked to check in I waited for the rude woman at the desk to finish her sandwich to help me which took maybe 3 min however the longest 3 min of my life because the one woman wouldn't look at me and the other woman just continued eating ...
Later that night noticed there is no blankets just the bedspread which was hard and normally (working at a hotel when I was younger) I know better than to use that thing. Also the T.V. in the room didnt work properlly and the shower had a leak that caused the water pressure to be terrible and water to go everywhere.
The one thing I can say was a plus was our housekeeper was great. She at least tried to make us feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2013
Pamela P, Manager at Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
We are sorry that you felt that you had a less than pleasurable experience at the Dolphin Inn, especially with Penny and me in the office. Unfortunately, we can not always accommodate a guest who would like to check-in early. Our housekeeping staff strives to thoroughly clean each guest room at check-out, which often results in our holding to the check-in time; this includes washing the "hard bedspreads" to which you referred. If you were "moved on the boards," it was done because the check-out on that particular room was near completion and would accommodate an earlier check-in for you. We apologize if either Penny or I were eating a sandwich. We grab a bite to eat when we can. Apparently, this was a problem for you. We will pass on your comment about having blankets in the rooms to the owner. During the summer, we do have blankets to give to guests upon request. As for the lack of water pressure, it was noted and passed on to the maintenance staff. It is our hope that you try to put the negative experience that you felt you had at the Dolphin Inn out of your mind and focus on the other positive experiences that you had in the Wildwoods.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

From the minute you pull onto the property, you cant help but notice the clean and inviting grounds. The place is immaculate. The onsite property managers, Pam and Penny are another reason to come here, just 2 of the nicest people you would ever meet. Great location also, 1 block and you are on the beach and boardwalk.

Clarksboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My Husband and I wanted to get away for a much needed mini vacation. I have never stayed in Wildwood before and was pressed to find a nice place to stay so I read almost every review on every motel/hotel in Wildwood. Saw nothing but praises on this place so I thought we would give it a try.
I was as wonderful as the reviews stated. One block from the beach and walking distance to the craziness that's Wildwood.
Pat and Penny go out of their way to make you feel as if they are welcoming you into their Home. Amazingly clean. Josephine keeps the place spotless. We will be getting away again in September and will not consider staying any place else.

Thank you Ladies for a wonderfull weekend with no worries.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Best place to stay in Wildwood NJ! I have a family of five and we all had a great time. Pool side, grilling, and a great family atmophere. It was a home away from home. Every employee was polite. To mention the owner, wounderful! Right by a bike rental facility, at the end of the boardwalk not to crowded. Very close to the beach. You cant ask for anything more on vacation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

STAYED from Mon to Thur my wife and I and 3 kids the room was very clean and the pool area was also very nice and clean
1 block from beach
and the sisters Pat and Penny that manage the hotel were extremely helpful with any questions from dinner to thing todo

Room Tip: rooms in the 102 to 116 on 1st floor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay at the dolphin inn, the area is quiet and just a short walk from the boardwalk and the beach, pam and penny thoroughly looked after us, they were so helpful and we loved the touch of providing free morning coffee. If us Brits ever return to nj again we wouldn't think twice about staying at the dolphin again!

• Stayed August 2013
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Simply put, we were treated like members of the family during our stay. Service was first rate, and the folks in the office were great. I especially enjoyed my conversation with the contractor/staff member who was hanging a door. He is a true craftsman, and his work shows his skill. The facility was recently remodeled, and very well done. Many thanks to all the staff for making our vacation memorable!!! Tom, Lori and the girls.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!