“Close to the beach/boardwalk!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marlane Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wildwood
Marlane Motel
You added Marlane Motel to your Saves list
4310 Atlantic Ave., Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Close to the beach/boardwalk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was my second time staying at Marlane Motel. For this trip, I went with my mom and sister. We stayed Friday and Saturday night and had a great time! The rooms were clean and we enjoyed the pool a lot. Marlane is right by the beginning of the boardwalk and only one block from the beach. Affordable rates, great location, great service - what more could you ask for?

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We called about 10 places on the morning of our departure for Wildwood and I'm so glad we were able to get the last open room at the Marlane Motel. While reading reviews about Wildwood online the night before we left, I was beginning to worry as everyone on here had said to expect dirty and old motels in this town. Marlane definitely does NOT feel that way at all.
Our room felt updated and very clean. The flat screen TV, nice mini-fridge, microwave, and air-conditioner were all nice to have. I still give this place a 5, but there were a couple of things that could use a little improvement. The beds were not the best (felt very "springy" and I woke up sore, but I do sleep on a tempurpedic at home). The lights were dim (especially the one by the TV), and unfortunately we were in Room 103 which was right near the patio area with coffee in the morning. So one suggestion I'd offer would be to up the strength of those lights in Room 103 because in the morning, we couldn't open our shades for some natural light unless we wanted everyone to see into our room. However, being right there by the coffee was VERY nice! :)

This was one of the FRIENDLIEST place I've ever stayed. First, the husband answered the phone that morning of our booking and couldn't have been more energetic and excited about us coming down as first-timers to Wildwood. He promised that when we got down there, they'd suggest all the places to go and sights to see (and that the pool was a nice 84 degrees that day!). His wife did just that, mentioning everything you could need from tips on where to go sit on the beach to where to find the best pizza. They had tennis raquets and balls there to borrow, which we used on the community courts located across the street.

Other random things that make this motel a 5 in my book: They let us keep our car parked in their parking lot past the 10:00 a.m. check out time, which was extremely helpful since we then didn't have to go pay for parking. The location of this hotel was great. It was less than 2 blocks to the boardwalk, and the nice thing was that it is near the convention center (not the busiest part of the boardwalk), but make a left instead and you're right there by t-shirt stores and pizza places. The hotel had a very nice family feel to it (I believe he said they don't rent to anyone under 25?).

FYI (if you've never been to Wildwood): It's a LONG walk from the boardwalk to the beach, so bring a beach cart if you have lots of stuff! I have never been to a beach that has as long of a walk to the shoreline (no wonder why it's free - no beach tags). However, the sand was very soft, the beach was NOT overcrowded, and the convention center had bathrooms open to the public.

Thank you for a GREAT stay, Marlane Motel!

Room Tip: Room 103 is right by the "patio" area where the coffee is located in the morning, so if yo...
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The Marlane motel was perfect for our last minute trip to Wildwood. I spent hours pouring over hotel websites and couldn't find a single one I was excited about until I found the Marlane. The rooms are modern and without carpet~a total bonus in my book. Lisa was so sweet she actually had our room ready for us very early knowing that we made a long trip for only 2 short nights. Really a gem!

Harmony, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for the first time. I was looking online for a great place with a great price for a week. Tripadvisor rated Marlane as #1 and so we decided to try it out and got exactly what we paid for and so much more! Owners are very friendly. They even allowed us to check in early around 11. Even if the rooms aren't ready they provide you with a parking pass until you can. They provide tennis equipment, boogie boards, beach chairs, clothes line, heated pool, tea/coffee every morning (even a toaster is available) and bbq grills with utensils in the patio area (we cooked an awesome steak dinner). And to top everything off, our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I would highly suggest Marlane to anyone. I've been spreading the word already. Next time we visit, we will definitely be staying here again. It was a very pleasant experience.

Thanks for everything,
Stephanie & Randy :)

Room Tip: King bed room type is definitely a good choice for couples. Spacious and comfortable.
Hbg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Returning customer. And as usual the place was clean and staff friendly. Everything was even spruced up since the last time we stayed with fresh paint and new floors, etc. Close to the boardwalk. And right across the street from a great playground for the kids.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Tried out the Marlane for the first time this weekend..read the reviews..and they are completely accurate..the place is very clean...its close to the boardwalk...and the management is very nice...Lisa has been real helpful...we will definately be back!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

There is really only one word to sum up my stay at the Marlane Motel: fantastic! My sister and I had the most wonderful time! From the moment we checked in, the staff made us feel so welcome. The woman who runs the motel, Lisa, is one of the most friendly people I've ever encountered. It was an absolute breeze to check in. The maintenance and cleaning staff are also super sweet and efficient. Aside from everyone's friendliness, the motel was immaculate. Our room was spotless, the pool was crystal clear, and it was really nice to see everyone taking pride in keeping the motel in tip-top shape. On a whole, it was one of the nicest places I've ever stayed at in my 20+ years of coming to/staying in Wildwood.

Room Tip: The clientele seem a little bit older, so the motel was very quiet and peaceful. Also, the owners li...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marlane Motel? Share your experiences!