“Happy Camper” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
Perkasie
“Happy Camper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were visiting Wildwood for a 3 day wrestling tournament. The Service was great. It was quiet. The Blue Palms is a nice short walk to the beach. The room we stayed in had a mircowave, toaster, refridgerator and coffeemaker . These are great amenities and helped us save money by eating in. We would return in the future if we had to head back down to Wildwood.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've been traveling to the Wildwoods since the 1980's. I know a thing, or two, about where to stay, where not to stay, and a must-stay. BP is a must-stay! The accommodations are excellent, with outstanding customer service. While most businesses only care about making money/making a profit, BP emphasizes that customer satisfaction is priority #1. I arrived at BP a few days before Superstorm Sandy struck the East Coast. With the storm approaching, voluntary evacuations had begun in southern New Jersey. The hotel manager called the BP guests, and offered them a one-night refund, if they decided to end their vacation early by evacuating. That's what I call outstanding customer service. By the way, I took him up on the offer. Currently, BP is providing shelter to about 100 people whose homes were destroyed by the storm. BP is more than just a hotel, it's a hotel that cares.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Aston, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was attending a wedding was the reason for my stay. I have to say that your staff was outstanding. There was a mix up with my room and it was handled

Immediately with the women at the front desk and the women for group reservations.

I helped the family with having a brunch on Sunday for the wedding guest at your hotel. The gentlemen who had worked that night into the morning.

He went over and above helping me. On Saturday night there was a group on us outside drinking and talking around the fire pit.

We were cold and I did not want to disturb the other guest . I asked if we could use the room and he did not hesitate to open the room for us.

The office offered to hold things needed for the brunch and he also had brought the items to the room which worked out great.

I could set up that night and not the next morning. I had mentioned that I would get up at 7:00am to turn the coffee on and he jumped right in saying he was up anyway and would do it.

Your staff is the reason you have returning guest.

I try always to contact someone when a job is well done knowing people do not hesitate to complain.

This is not an excuse but being a very good friend to the family I had worked with them for months on the wedding and by Monday I was totally

Burned out. LOL

Thank you for your email as a follow up so I could express the pleasure it was staying at Blue Palms and your staff who went over and above for their guest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Greensboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We've stayed at Blue Palms twice now and would not stay anywhere else in Wildwood. The staff is friendly and helpful and the management is simply the best! We will definitely continue to stay at Blue Palms every year that we visit Wildwood. The location is right near the boardwalk (short walk, one block). It's quiet at night and lively during the day, with several families sitting along the breezeways and in the swimming pool. Worth the price, which is very reasonable even in the summer. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are a little louder than the rooms on the ends
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel has been completely renovated for 2012, so everything is nice and clean in the room including new laminate floors, sink, toilet, furniture etc. We originally were supposed to be staying in the Starlux, which is owned by the same management. However, when we arrived, we found out the Starlux was turned into a shelter to house folks from hurricane Sandy! The Starlux apparently was overbooked as a result of the post hurricane confusion. (We had booked through hotels.com). We were then given the opportunity to stay at the Blue Palms which had been closed down for the winter but reopened after the storm, and still had rooms available. I commend the management and staff for their efforts to help the less fortunate during these difficult times.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

As a constant visitor to the Wildwood region, I stay in plenty of these dated motels. Stayed one night, against my usual preference of staying in Wildwood Crest due to the season, in Wildwood at the Blue Palms. It was near Halloween and we wanted a night away (daughter and wife and myself). Gave it a shot based on the reviews. Stayed in the 2-room motel unit and was pleasantly surprised for a retro-doo-wop place it nailed it in every category: Clean, updated, close to the boards and beach, good parking and near walking distance to many options for dining and other. The hospitality at the front desk was great. The units were upgraded with flat screen LCD's, laminate flooring, updated bathroom and nice accommodations. Great place in the summer if you like being in the middle of it all. I highly recommend it versus an older place, it simply is a great place to stay. Make your reservations now for this great place....a classic re-done Wildwood beauty!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Goshen, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had the most wonderful experience at the Blue Palms in Wildwood, NJ. Very beautiful and clean hotel with a wonderful staff that goes out of their way to please their guests! Great location, 1 block from the beach, best views and best amenities. We loved our stay and would highly recommend this hotel. When we visit again, we will definitely stay at Blue Palms!!! Wouldn't be disappointed.

All the best, happy vacationing :)!!!! Now off to plan our next trip! :)

Room Tip: Stay top floor, best views!!!! :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Palms? Share your experiences!