“Upgraded, clean, friendly staff...in the middle of it all” 4 of 5 stars

Blue Palms
3601 Atlantic Ave., Wildwood, NJ 08260 (Formerly Mid-Town Motel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Morey's Piers Discounts !
Ranked #13 of 77 hotels in Wildwood
“Upgraded, clean, friendly staff...in the middle of it all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

As a constant visitor to the Wildwood region, I stay in plenty of these dated motels. Stayed one night, against my usual preference of staying in Wildwood Crest due to the season, in Wildwood at the Blue Palms. It was near Halloween and we wanted a night away (daughter and wife and myself). Gave it a shot based on the reviews. Stayed in the 2-room motel unit and was pleasantly surprised for a retro-doo-wop place it nailed it in every category: Clean, updated, close to the boards and beach, good parking and near walking distance to many options for dining and other. The hospitality at the front desk was great. The units were upgraded with flat screen LCD's, laminate flooring, updated bathroom and nice accommodations. Great place in the summer if you like being in the middle of it all. I highly recommend it versus an older place, it simply is a great place to stay. Make your reservations now for this great place....a classic re-done Wildwood beauty!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Goshen, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had the most wonderful experience at the Blue Palms in Wildwood, NJ. Very beautiful and clean hotel with a wonderful staff that goes out of their way to please their guests! Great location, 1 block from the beach, best views and best amenities. We loved our stay and would highly recommend this hotel. When we visit again, we will definitely stay at Blue Palms!!! Wouldn't be disappointed.

All the best, happy vacationing :)!!!! Now off to plan our next trip! :)

Room Tip: Stay top floor, best views!!!! :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just got back from Wildwood today after our stay at The Blue Palms as part of the Morey's Fears deal. First of all, the price was terrific! Tickets and a room for the night for $120 was very reasonable. The location is great, being located a mere half a block from the boardwalk. The staff was friendly and answered any questions we had. The main building had a neat outdoor area with grills and a nice pool, as well as a few decks to layout on. We stayed in the Boardwalk Bungalows, which had very clean rooms, a smaller pool and easy access parking. Plenty to do within walking distance during the season. The off-season doesn't lend much to activities in Wildwood aside from Morey's Fears from what we could tell, but it was a great trip and overall I had a great experience!

Room Tip: I will add tips as I visit again in the future!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

REVISION - The next day after posting the below review hotel management reached out to me to address my concerns. I appreciated the effort to provide some level of service and hope the staff that did not support my concerns during my stay has been made aware what a huge difference a small amount of service can make. While I do understand there was a large children's sports team in residence during my stay I can't help but hold the staff accountable for enforcing the posted rules. Of highest importance to me: 10:30pm quiet time. I have updated the service and overall rating of the hotel from my original post however, still believe it fair for travelers to see my original experience (below). Thank you to hotel management for making best efforts.

ORIGINAL - My experience is so lousy I'm writing this at midnight while still in the hotel. Why a review at midnight? Because this place is an out of control zoo with loud obnoxious adults "supervising" even more out of control children running laps around the building floors screaming and making sleep impossible. What does the front desk say? Well nothing when they don't answer on the first two calls and when they finally do rude snotty attitude.
As far as the room goes... Small with thin walls through which u can hear every little noise. And should I mention the 8 black hairs I found in the bathroom? (I am blonde.) Eeeeeeew! Perhaps I should leave those with a note in the "for the maid" envelope.
I know wildwood is a party town which is why I normally don't stay but Cape May was booked and I thought with decent past reviews I'd give this place a try. For one quick night of sleep how bad could it be? Well now I know. Never again in this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
BluePalmsManager, Manager at Blue Palms, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I am really sorry that this guest had a bad experience at the Blue Palms. As soon as I heard that she was unhappy I contacted her and made special accomodations. Dispite my best efforts this guest and her friend wrote two reviews about the same circumstance.

The young peoples group returned to the motel from the boardwalk sometime around 11pm. The desk staff tried to keep the peace. But the kids were full of youthful exuberance. They quieted down shortly thereafter. Perhaps an hour? The only complaints I recieved were from this guest and her friend. I am sorry thier rest was disturbed.
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Blue Palms is a very nice clean hotel with friendly staff, the location is great, right in the heart of Wildwood, steps away from beach and boardwalk. The pool is nice and the outdoor seating area is great!

Edison, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Sleep simply wasn't in the cards last night.

I chose Blue Palms based on the relatively positive reviews posted by other Trip Advisor visitors. I had attended the wine fest in Cape May, and felt the close proximity of Wildwood made it a good stop.. to get some much-needed sleep after a long day. There was a group of young children running up & down our 3rd floor hallway, bouncing soccer balls, yelling to their friends below, and being encouraged by their "chaperones". It was already around 10:30 p.m.
I called the front desk (my first time ever being put in this position), asking them to please attempt to control the situation. At 11:30 p.m., with the "chaperones" now hooting & hollering downstairs by the pool area, children continuing to run up & down the stairs, I called the desk again. This time, the desk attendant was short with me, saying something like he would send security again. I told them it was them handling the situation, or me calling the police to make a noise complaint. As of midnight, the "chaperones" were now herding the kids to their rooms, mocking that it was now "quiet time". Loudly.
As of 6:20 a.m., the "chaperones" were now awake with their herd outside, and declared for all to hear, "Quiet time is now over. Let's make sure everyone is awake now."
To be put in the situation where I felt mocked for expecting sleep in a motel, and getting to pay for the privilege.. terrible. Never again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
BluePalmsManager, Manager at Blue Palms, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I am really sorry that this guest was so unhappy with her visit to the Blue Palms! It is true that we had a youth soccer team staying at the motel and I'm sorry that their youthfull exuberance was disruptive. Our staff made efforts on her behalf.

I reached out to the guest after her departure when I learned of her frustration.....and made special accomodations.
Brandywine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Aveage hotel and more updated than others in Wildwood NJ. Gave us the wrong room at first, but quickly corrected it by switching us to the correct room. Nice employees, however not all completely knowledgable with their rooms. Bathroom needed more counter space. Nice seating area ouside with tables, grills and fire pit. Pool looked clean and well kept but did not use. There were quite a few rooms of people hanging out at the outdoor seating area all day and night drinking and being loud. Which is no fault of the hotel, but management could have told them they were being disruptive and needed to quite down or go inside their rooms once it got late. Great locate to the beach. only two blocks away from boardwalk and perfect location for the event we were attending. They allowed us to park in a different parking lot for the event even though we had checked out which allowed us not to have to pay parking elsewhere. I would reccommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Blue Palms? Share your experiences!