“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed at the Blue Palms for the weekend of Sept 21-23 and it was much nicer than I expected for a "shore motel". It's very close to the boardwalk and Morey's Pier so it's very convenient. Off street parking was available which is a big plus. Our room had was a 1 bedroom with two queen beds. The recently renovated rooms were very nice and the hardwood floors were definitely nicer than carpet. The bathroom had not been renovated and there was limited counter space. The water pressure was so-so and the temperature changed throughout my shower. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Pittston, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just stayed at The Blue Palms (Sept 21-23rd). It was a very good stay. We stayed in a 1 bedroom with pull out couch. It was exactly what were expecting. In fact, because it was recently renovated, the place was really nice. Not sure if the bathroom was renovated. The water pressure was okay. I had recently stayed at the StarLux, a couple weeks before. The front desk, suggested the Blue Palms for our next trip, because they were booked. The StarLux is definitely nicer and has larger rooms. I was also surprised the our bathroom did not have a hair dryer?? or coffee maker like it advertised. This however was not a big deal. The staff was nice and the crowd was fun too. The pool is also bigger than the StarLux. Only other advantage, is it is much closer to the "action" on the boardwalk. Let's just say, I'd book this place in a heartbeat if the StarLux is not available. I have a feeling these two places are the only renovated places in Wildwood currently.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed just 1 night during the week and off season which made it extremely affordable. We traveled with our 2 year old so brought our pack and play and got a room with a king bed. It also had a little table with 2 chairs. The room was nice but the floor had sand on it so we would not walk around barefoot. Our socks were filthy. It's understood they are near the beach but they have wood floors. It could have been mopped or something. Bathroom was clean. There is little space to set out your toiletries, but I feel that is to be expected from a motel. Plenty of towels were provided. The water pressure was excellent. The best part is definitely the location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Love our stay here. My only complaint would be the beds were a little uncomfortable. Otherwise, great location, clean rooms, and very well run. We loved the 'wood' floors - sandy carpets always gross me out, lol. Our 7 year old son loved the pool which we found to be very clean and well maintained. (there were even complimentary life jackets available to use!)

• Stayed August 2012
Syracuse, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

If price, closeness to the boardwalk/ocean and cleanliness are what's most important to you, this is a 5 star location, the Blue Palms has all that. But if a place for quality sleep is important, you should look elsewhere.

They have redone all the rooms. Part of this was replacing curtains with blinds. The blinds don't keep out much light (accented by the glass pane above the door that has no cover. You can read in bed at night with the lights off, that's how little the light gets blocked.

And at their low prices, they tend to attract the kind of people that think 2am is the perfect time to start yelling.

Bathrooms are large, but there is no place to put things. No place to hang a towel when you shower, no place to put soap in the shower, zero counter space of any kind. Thought that was strange. But lots of hot water and great water pressure.

The motel is no smoking except for one outside location (it is covered)

We wish the a/c had more settings other than H/M/L, we would have preferred it colder at night

Still debating if we would stay again. But we couldn't find a less expensive place that close to the boardwalk (1 block) and rated this highly on TA

Room Tip: The suites have the bedroom in the back, away from light and noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed for the Labor Day holiday 2012. Walked in to find a very clean, nice, comfortable room. Our room had two rooms with a double bed in each room. We were able to get writstbands through the motel for Morey's Pier which included waterparks & rides for $35 each. A good deal when you're buying a few! There was complimentary coffee, tea, & pastries in the lobby each morning. The front desk check-in people were very friendly and helpful. The hotel offered free wifi but it was extrememly spotty and I had to sit right next to the window to get a singal. Although we loved the location (practically right off the boards - and centrally located), there were a few things that "irked" me. We had a breezeway room which experienced A LOT of traffic between people walking to the smoking area (out in the back next to the dumpsters), and people walking to their rooms at the Boardwalk Bungalow and also the back parking lot. I think I would request a room closer to the other end of the motel if I stayed again. Also, we went out in the afternoon one day only to return to find EVERY parking spot at the motel taken. There was one car taking up two spots and other cars with no motel "placard" in their car. When I went into the office to tell let them know why we couldn't find a spot, they seemed kind of unconcerned and told me I could park ACROSS the street in a public parking lot and if I showed them my placard they would let me park there. We had just come back from the store with a big amount of bags. Why should I have to park a block away from the motel when I'm paying to stay there and you're only supposed to have ONE parking spot per room?????? (I actually had to sign a sheet when I checked in with the rules on it and this was one of them). This made me angry. Luckilly, a somone pulled out and we were able to park at the motel. Another thing that kind of got on my nerves was that people plopped their shirts, towels, and other articles of clothing, over the fence at the pool and left them there for DAYS! You could not even see into the pool area because there were towels all the way around obstructing the view. Then as the days went on,things began to fall on the ground all and they remained there. I know some of these things sound "nit-picky" but that's just me. Overall, I was happy with my stay and would stay there again, but as I said, NOT in a breezeway room on the first floor.

Room Tip: Don't get a breezeway room on the first floor. If you need a good wifi connection, request a ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We reserved a two room suite through booking.com, only to arrive and find that the hotel had not received the reservation. Nikki at the front desk worked miracles and was able to find us additional rooms at their Starlux property. Front desk staff is awesome.

Everything is very clean and recently renovated. Blue Palms is very close to the boardwalk. Excellent coffee in the morning and some nice seating areas on the second floor to enjoy it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Blue Palms? Share your experiences!