“We LoVeD our experience on the dolphin watching tour!!!” 5 of 5 stars

6200 Park Boulevard, Wildwood, NJ 08260
(609) 729-7776
Improve this listing
Wilkes-Barre, PA
“We LoVeD our experience on the dolphin watching tour!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

We were on vacation in June of 2008 and had a great time while down there in the Wildwoods. We wanted to do some activities that stemmed from just the normal boardwalk experience. We received coupon booklets prior to our vacation and included was a coupon for discount tickets to this dolphin/whale watching boat tour. We called and reserved our times and was pleasantly responded to by the woman who booked our trip for us. We arrived 20 minutes early which they suggest you do so you can purchase your tickets and board the boat and settle before launching into ocean waters. There were 7 of us. 5 adults and my 5 year old and my 7 month old. The trip started out beautifully. The day was great. Wonderful weather, clear skies and a gorgeous ocean... Our experience as far as I'm concerned was excellent. Our captain was extremely informative. He explained how the beaches were formed and spoke of the Cape May lighthouse and educated us on the many types of ocean life and things about their lives. The only part that was unpleasant happened to 1 of our party members. She became very ill due to sea sickness. She was attended to immediately by the boat crew and excorted to the lower deck to where she could relax and be in an area that receives less movement. This was of no consequence to the boat crew or the company. We had no idea she was going to have a reaction like that. Our trip was about 2 hours or maybe even longer. The boat company does not guarantee a dolphin/whale watching experience. This is all up to nature to "perform" for us. Happily, we had a wonderful show from the dolphins!!! We had a school of dolphins following our boat and giving us a great show of jumping and swimming around us. We LOVED it!!! It was an experience of a lifetime and we enjoyed every minute of it!!! When the dolphins receded back into their water the boat crew took us down onto the lower level and had a "touch tank" filled with ocean life usually not seen by us. We were educated on the many different species they had, their lives and were even allowed to hold and/or touch them. My 5 year old was amazed!!! Something I know she will cherish always. We're returning this year in August for our family vacation and plan on taking another tour on this boat cruise. I honestly say this was money well spent and I recommend this dolphin watching tour to everyone I know who will be visiting the area!!! Thank you for a wonderful experience...

Texas
“Dolphin Tour Company horrible!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

This was the worst boat tour we have ever been on. While we did not sight any dolphins or whales we understood that this is completely up to nature. However, the tour guide/captain of the boat hardly talked at all. If we are going to be stuck on a boat for 3 hours, I would at least like to learn a little bit about the history of the Cape May shoreline we are driving past. We essentially spent $300 for eight of us to take naps and read for three hours. The company has a no return policy – if there are no sightings they will let you ride again for free. Frankly, I can nap at home. The last thing we wanted to do was get back on the most boring boat tour ever. Your money is much better spent on other pursuits in Cape May.