“Terrific and good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Atlantic City, NJ
“Terrific and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I were told to try this place and what a great choice. The food was excellent, my husband loved the crab soup and he also got a roast beef sandwich which he had to take half of that home they don't skimp on the serving sizes. The Bartender was so friendly and on the ball. People of all ages go there......nice and clean and just a good place to eat with family and friends. Would we go there again....you bet....see you there

• Visited February 2013

88% Recommend
North Cape May, New Jersey, United States
“What a Nice Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

After hearing some friends talk about the Dog Tooth we finally had a chance to try it. Because we are locals and visited during the off season parking was easy to find. We were greeted by Brandi the hostess with a friendly smile who seated us quickly. Donna, our server was quick to get our drink order as we read the menu. It was full of specials that looked so appetizing.

My Wife and Son ordered the Pulled Pork Nachos and Mozzarella sticks as apps. The plate of Nachos was very big, enough to feed 4 easily. I ordered the Volcano Shrimp. There had to be at least 30 decent sized shrimp in a tangy sauce that I would call "BBQ meets Buffalo". It had a nice tang that was not hot and added a lil spice without a big "kick".

Our entrees consisted of Chicken Cheese Stk for my Wife. A Bacon Cheese Burger for my Son. And, Crab Mac n Cheese for Me. The CCS was on a soft long roll served with chips. The Cheeseburger was cooked to Med. as ordered and plenty of Bacon to compliment the patty.

Now on to the Crab Mac n Cheese. It was served in a soufflé dish approx. 4 inches high and 4 inches round. It had a crispy brown crust on the top browned to perfection. It was full of crab, sun dried tomato, and bacon....yes BACON. It was truly amazing. I did not know how or if all of the flavors would compliment each other but they did, amazingly.

I highly recommend trying the food especially the Mac n Cheese. The price was about what to expect for "island food".

There were no booths, but outdoor dining is available. The is also a full nicely packed bar as you enter the establishment.

Dennis F
North Cape May

Pennsylvania
“A must stop for a great meal in Wildwood!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

After taking a few years off and coming to Wildwood over the holidays we found The Dog Tooth Bar & Grill. The food, atmosphere, staff were excellent.. The Crab Bisque soup was to die for! A definite meal in itself.. All the sandwiches we got were stuffed and and delicious! We will definitely be going back there again during our 2013 trip to the shore..

• Visited January 2013
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
“Best Restaurant in Wildwood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I discovered The Dog Tooth Bar & Grill during the 2012 shore season. The food, the staff and martini's are phenomenal. Highly recommend the crab cake and ahi tuna appetizers. Their homemade soups are a meal in itself. This restaurant treasure became our weekly must go to - sometimes even twice a week. The quality of food for the price is fantastic. Dont even get me started on their pizzas. I only wish I ordered them sooner. I can not say enough good things about this place. Counting the days down till we open our shore house in April so I can be at my happy place.

• Visited August 2012
Nutley, New Jersey, United States
“good dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

loaded cowboy fries amazing. Scallop & seafood dinner amazing. a little loud though but all in all great dining experience

Visited June 2012