“Back again this year.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Ocean
“Back again this year.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

All in all, the stay was good at this return trip for a dance competition. Some information though: Ahead of time I requested a quiet room, refrigerator and late check out. When we arrived, we were put on the top floor at the end of a VERY long corridor! I thought that it would definitely be quiet. However, when I got into the room I discovered that the room was facing a highway (could definitely hear traffic noise) and was directly across the hall from a service entrance. A refrigerator was not in the room. I called and they were very accommodating by bringing a refrigerator. It took so long to get cool though, that I just used an ice bucket and ice. The room was clean (I'm obsessed with a fear of bed bugs) and that made me very happy. We had brunch at Seeds on Sunday and the portions were huge. I will make the reservation again next year but will be more specific about my quiet room requests.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one that doesn't face Route 10
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joe L, Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your past stay at the Hanover Marriott! It is important to us to exceed expectations and make each and every stay personalized. Your comments about the Seeds Breakfast having huge portions and the positive comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms will be shared with the team. I look forward to having you back for next years competition!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Woke up to snow and icy conditions - as I was walking to our rental car a friendly staff member greeted me and cleaned off my car before I could even get a scraper out. I've stayed over 900 nights at hotels and this service far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joe L, Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for kind words regarding your last stay here at the Hanover Marriott. It is a pleasure hearing how our staff members greeted you in the parking lot and assured that your car was cleared off prior to leaving! I will share your feedback with the team and look forward to your next arrival.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have been traveling to the Whippany/East Hanover area on business for over 15 years and I choose to stay at the Hanover Marriott every time. Several of the staff have been there as long as I can remember. They always recognize me and welcome me with a smile each time. It's super clean and the renovations that have been done over the past few years are fantastic. Whether it's room service, concierge, restaurant personnel, or the front desk, everyone seems to work very hard to make sure your stay is a good one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Joe L, Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at the Hanover Marriott. It is great to hear that our staff recognized you, greeted you with a smile and made you feel welcomed in all areas of the hotel. It is service like this that makes you feel at home, we look forward to your return.
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This hotel is Comfy!!!! Perfect hotel for a weekend stay!! We are house hunting from texas and this hotel works is right!! Service is super nice..Love the beds!!! They are very accommodating. They changed our rooms for a quiter spot.

• Stayed January 2013
Joe L, Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your past stay at the Hanover Marriott. It is a pleasure to hear the service was super and that you loved our beds! We look forward to having you as our neighbor in our local area and to your next visit to our hotel.
Glen Rock, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I recently completed my third event at the Hanover Marriott and hospitality abounds.!! A fourth event is scheduled this summer and I am looking forward to it BIG TIME..!. From the moment you call the front desk, there is a sincere eagerness to make your stay as amenable as possible. Once you arrive, the understated capacity to accommodate is in motion. This is a "detail oriented" resort where the big picture is the WHOLE picture. The rooms are gorgeous and perfectly suited for both the business traveler and personal events, with room electronics that surpass many other resorts.

Guests who do not experience the event facilities should consider this location for any event of merit, be it business or pleasure. From breakout rooms to the ballroom, there is capacity, kindness, and extreme cleanliness. Staff does not disappear, either. Managers are available and very, very polite. In all, an atmosphere where guest expectations are exceeded time again and again. Another helpful feature are the large video screens scattered around this facility. This technology is very helpful in getting the word out to the event attendees of what is happening when and where. Need a schedule changed and posted on the screens? No problem. Just ask the front desk and they make it happen. For an event of any size, this is a very helpful feature.

This is not a resort for any guest who insists on a cold, big box, mega-brand experience that may offer excessive bragging rights. The touch here is personal and service one-on-one. It's just the right size where a guest does not feel "swallowed up". Believe me, I look forward to the next event because with a staff of this professional finesse, there are no worries or surprises.

Front desk, engineering, housekeeping, banquet facilities manager, resort management, restaurant staff and bellmen are all consistently helpful and kind. If you stay here for any reason, poor service in any area will not distract you because it simply is not here.

I applaud the efforts of the following superstars and tip my top-hat gladly. Front desk maestros Courtney, Kristie, Ryszord, and David are the perfect right hands to Joe LoRusso, who is captain of this ship and a 1110% professional. In the banquet facilities,Chris Fierro knows and lives hospitality. Building Engineer Joe made certain that our booths looked sharp and inviting for the guests. Upon completion of the event, all material was returned damage-free and in good order.
As I expressed previously, events at this location allow the "table-people" such as myself to focus on our message, and not on any mess..! Easy-peasy..! Thanks for such great service..!

Room Tip: I stayed on the pool side, away from the parking lot. This may be a little noisy during warmer clime...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Joe L, Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks for your feedback regarding your past stay here at the Hanover Marriott! It is great to hear that all of our staff members exceeded expectations and made your event successful! I will share your feedback and the energy of your message with all of our staff members! I look forward to your next visit!
Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am long overdue in expressing my gratitude to the fine staff at the Hanover Marriott. This was one of the few hotels in the area that had power when we were ravaged by Hurricane Sandy not long ago. Everyone in the hotel tried to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The rooms were tidy and clean, there was no shortage of smiles and sympathy from everyone, and that is saying something because I am sure that all of them were also dealing with stresses and power outages at their homes. Yet nothing about their demeanor ever conveyed this. A service industry leader, with Rob Morgan tirelessly modeling excellence at the helm. I recommend this hotel--even when not in Hurricane conditions!--without reservation. The lobby, rooms, and Auld Shebeen restaurant should not be missed!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Joe L, Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback during your past stay at the Hanover Marriott. It is a pleasure to hear how the Marriott Team exceeded expectations during the Hurricane Sandy Storm. I thank you for your kind words regarding the hospitality of our staff and how they performed during this challenging time. I will share your feedback with our team members and look forward to your next visit!
Lawrence, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel was one of the few with power in the week following Hurricane Sandy. My husband and I were lucky to have a reservation in order to attend a family wedding nearby. We had a great night's sleep, and were grateful for the cordial attention of the staff, many of whom were undoubtedly stressed by the storm.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from the elevator; we were very happy with a quiet room on the side of the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hanover Marriott? Share your experiences!