“Very Nice!! Comfy!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Whippany
Houston
“Very Nice!! Comfy!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This hotel is Comfy!!!! Perfect hotel for a weekend stay!! We are house hunting from texas and this hotel works is right!! Service is super nice..Love the beds!!! They are very accommodating. They changed our rooms for a quiter spot.

• Stayed January 2013
Joe L, Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your past stay at the Hanover Marriott. It is a pleasure to hear the service was super and that you loved our beds! We look forward to having you as our neighbor in our local area and to your next visit to our hotel.

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Glen Rock, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I recently completed my third event at the Hanover Marriott and hospitality abounds.!! A fourth event is scheduled this summer and I am looking forward to it BIG TIME..!. From the moment you call the front desk, there is a sincere eagerness to make your stay as amenable as possible. Once you arrive, the understated capacity to accommodate is in motion. This is a "detail oriented" resort where the big picture is the WHOLE picture. The rooms are gorgeous and perfectly suited for both the business traveler and personal events, with room electronics that surpass many other resorts.

Guests who do not experience the event facilities should consider this location for any event of merit, be it business or pleasure. From breakout rooms to the ballroom, there is capacity, kindness, and extreme cleanliness. Staff does not disappear, either. Managers are available and very, very polite. In all, an atmosphere where guest expectations are exceeded time again and again. Another helpful feature are the large video screens scattered around this facility. This technology is very helpful in getting the word out to the event attendees of what is happening when and where. Need a schedule changed and posted on the screens? No problem. Just ask the front desk and they make it happen. For an event of any size, this is a very helpful feature.

This is not a resort for any guest who insists on a cold, big box, mega-brand experience that may offer excessive bragging rights. The touch here is personal and service one-on-one. It's just the right size where a guest does not feel "swallowed up". Believe me, I look forward to the next event because with a staff of this professional finesse, there are no worries or surprises.

Front desk, engineering, housekeeping, banquet facilities manager, resort management, restaurant staff and bellmen are all consistently helpful and kind. If you stay here for any reason, poor service in any area will not distract you because it simply is not here.

I applaud the efforts of the following superstars and tip my top-hat gladly. Front desk maestros Courtney, Kristie, Ryszord, and David are the perfect right hands to Joe LoRusso, who is captain of this ship and a 1110% professional. In the banquet facilities,Chris Fierro knows and lives hospitality. Building Engineer Joe made certain that our booths looked sharp and inviting for the guests. Upon completion of the event, all material was returned damage-free and in good order.
As I expressed previously, events at this location allow the "table-people" such as myself to focus on our message, and not on any mess..! Easy-peasy..! Thanks for such great service..!

Room Tip: I stayed on the pool side, away from the parking lot. This may be a little noisy during warmer clime...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Joe L, Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks for your feedback regarding your past stay here at the Hanover Marriott! It is great to hear that all of our staff members exceeded expectations and made your event successful! I will share your feedback and the energy of your message with all of our staff members! I look forward to your next visit!
Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am long overdue in expressing my gratitude to the fine staff at the Hanover Marriott. This was one of the few hotels in the area that had power when we were ravaged by Hurricane Sandy not long ago. Everyone in the hotel tried to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The rooms were tidy and clean, there was no shortage of smiles and sympathy from everyone, and that is saying something because I am sure that all of them were also dealing with stresses and power outages at their homes. Yet nothing about their demeanor ever conveyed this. A service industry leader, with Rob Morgan tirelessly modeling excellence at the helm. I recommend this hotel--even when not in Hurricane conditions!--without reservation. The lobby, rooms, and Auld Shebeen restaurant should not be missed!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Joe L, Manager at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback during your past stay at the Hanover Marriott. It is a pleasure to hear how the Marriott Team exceeded expectations during the Hurricane Sandy Storm. I thank you for your kind words regarding the hospitality of our staff and how they performed during this challenging time. I will share your feedback with our team members and look forward to your next visit!
Lawrence, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel was one of the few with power in the week following Hurricane Sandy. My husband and I were lucky to have a reservation in order to attend a family wedding nearby. We had a great night's sleep, and were grateful for the cordial attention of the staff, many of whom were undoubtedly stressed by the storm.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from the elevator; we were very happy with a quiet room on the side of the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
South Berwick, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hurricane Sandy arrived while I was visiting with the grandchildren, son and daughter-in-law. We did not obtain a room, however, the other grandparents did, so we were blessed to beable to come into a warm lobby, be greeted by GM, Robert Morgan, and receive warm coffee, juice for the children and two well run restaurants to eat a hot meal. Also, WiFi was free where otherwise there was a charge, and the real perk, plug in your cell phone for recharge! The lobby was full of cold, visibally upset residents without a room but were welcomed. Ballrooms were opened for the children to play, color and play games. We had to leave at night to go back to a cold house, no power, but first thing in the morning we were at the hotel. The power for my son was off 6 days, others were less fortunate. I cannot say enough about the Marriott Corporation and their extending hand under the circumstances where there were so many of us in need. The GM admitted it was difficult to turn people away for a room with a large waiting list. He did what he could do and was a true angel of mercy along with his outstanding staff working an adverage of 48 hours per shift to accommodate everyone. Alll of the staff were true hero's always showing a smile, exhausted, yet were there to help without a visible complaint! When in need Marriott was there!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Neptune City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My stay at the Marriot could not have been better. I will recommend this hotel to everyone.Mike Breutecbach and the staff were wonderful. They even allowed my dog to stay at the hotel with me which was wonderful. Chin and Mike were wonderful at the bar and the service was fantastic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

At the beginning of Hurricane Sandy, I took my family to the Hanover Marriott in Whippany, NJ. I am a local resident and was seeking shelter at the hotel. We had been there before for events and other storms. I can honestly say that I have never been treated better, anywhere else, than I was during this last stay. The entire staff was amazing. The facility was top notch and never lost power. Most of all, the management was visible and engaged. In fact, the General Manger set up his desk in the lobby right next to the front desk to make all of us feel more comfortable. They set up a guest lounge in one of the ballrooms and filled it with spa-like comforts and refreshments. They did everything they could and more; and it showed… I would stay at this hotel any time and count myself lucky to have taken shelter there when I needed it most for me and my young family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hanover Marriott? Share your experiences!