“Decent for a night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Decent for a night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here after a wedding. The renovated rooms have a 70s look to them. We were upgraded to a larger room with a living room which we didn't use as we were only in the room for about 12 hours. Bathroom was fine, the beds were comfortable. The lobby was spacious and pretty cool looking. The food seemed overpriced. I think they would have offered a shuttle to and from the wedding but because it wasn't the hotel where the bride was at, it wasn't offered. Also, it is conveniently located but if you're not careful, you'll miss the driveway and have to do a U-Turn and shoot for it again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Spent 4 nights....good stay, wrote a note to get extra coffee for the room and got it every morning. The bar/lobby area was excellent. Taylor and Ron served the area competently and efficiently. Pleasure to be there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The staff were very helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to help me find places to eat in the area and transit to and around NYC. My room was comfortable and quiet with a balcony overlooking the inside court yard. I wasn't bothered by airport traffic noise during my 6 night stay. I didn't experience the squeaky bed noise as another traveler commented but some of my colleagues did and I did get a note under my door stating that they were replacing the box springs in my room so it appears that they are working on that issue. The NJ "no left turn" rules did make it difficult to get in and out of the hotel but that is not the fault of the hotel. I did enjoy the bistro a few times and the food was good and fresh but a bit pricey. They sold Starbucks coffee but I enjoyed the free coffee they offered in the lobby even better. I didn't make use of the indoor pool, hot tub, or gym so I can't comment on those but they did look to be in good order. I plan to stay there again next week for business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel several times during the month of Aug 2012. There are serious issues with how this hotel is run and maintained. First, there is a bug problem that needs to be addressed. I can overlook dead bugs on the carpet but not when I am attacked overnight and end up with a large welt. Second, the rooms are not clean, especially walls which have leftovers from rennovation work. Third, the beds are not comfortable and make noise everytime one makes a move. Fourth, the cafe is slow and overpriced for assembled versus freshly cooked food. Finally, the location is a challenge...not pedestrian friendly and difficult to navigate in a car due to the divided road. Plus, the hotel in on the approach to the Morristown airport so there is jet noise to deal with There are better options in the area which I will take advantage of in the future.

Room Tip: facing the left parking lot
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

It's the Truth as You know it!!!!
Quick trip to Lancaster resulted in us staying in this Marriott hotel and delightful Whippany, now I am a fan of Marriott I have a rewards card etc.
Great room, fantastic lobby, but the hallways need updating, lick of paint wouldn't go a miss, Pool area sorry Marriott not the best or worse just average, a good scrub would sort it out.
The Truth is Yes I would stay here again, even if it was to say hello to some of the best staff I have ever met!
Can't go wrong with Marriott though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

What a nice hotel ... excellent customer service from every single staff member, nicely appointed rooms, clean and well maintained. Just wonderful.

First off ... if you are using a GPS, the hotel advises that their address isn't the easiest to use when you are using a GPS. The hotel said to input the address - 100 Algonquin Pkwy in Whippany. My GPS announced that my destination was on the right, but the hotel was on the left. I had to go up to the next jug handle to make the left turn (no left turn at the light.)

I entered the hotel and was greeted immediately by the assistant manager. She promptly checked me in and welcomed me to the hotel. She checked us in quickly and noted my request for a room on a lower floor.

There was a pungent smell in the hallway near my room. It was a musty damp smell that did not spread into my room and that disappeared within a few hours.

My room was super clean and brightly lit. I was on the first floor, so I had a nice patio facing the exterior courtyard. The rooms on the exterior of the building on the first floor don't have those patios.

The bed was comfortable and nicely appointed with a soft and warm comforter and fluffy pillows. The bedding was clean and smelled fresh.

The bathroom was large with a separate sink area outside. They only supplied 3 towels in the room, but we asked for more towels that were supplied quickly. The towels were a little skimpy and not plush at all. The shower head was very nice with excellent water pressure.

There was a refrigerator under the counter where the coffee maker was kept (no microwave though.) The room had no built in closet, but had a stand alone armoire next to the desk. The TV was a flat screen with a remote with sufficient channels (we didn't really watch too much TV.)

Free wifi was included, and it worked throughout the hotel (both in the room and in the meeting room.)

I loved the outside courtyard. There were multiple areas to sit and enjoy the beautiful evening weather. There is a pool, whirlpool and gym that all look to be well maintained.

There is a Starbucks cafe in the lobby where they serve light breakfasts and make the popular Starbucks drinks. I thought that I would get free breakfast because I am a Platinum member, but they advised it was not included.

I requested late check out (2:00 PM), and that request was graciously granted.

Overall ... I had a lovely stay at the Courtyard Marriott Whippany, and I would happily return in the future.

Room Tip: Remember the rooms on the first floor on the exterior of the building don't look like they have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you need to be in this area for a night or two, this is a fine accommodation at a very modest price.It is not a full service Hotel nor is it meant to be one.
It is spotlessly clean, the rooms are updated and have everything one would need for a short stay.
My only complaint would be that if you are a light sleeper, the individual air conditioner units in the room can be noisy. This was not a problem for us, but it might be for someone else.

The service at check in was quick and efficient.
We would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor away from the elevators
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
Hanover Marriott
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
4.0 of 5 stars 362 reviews

Been to Courtyard Hanover Whippany? Share your experiences!