“The essential for a good night sleep” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Porto, Portugal
“The essential for a good night sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed a total of 90 days at this hotel in 2011 while working nearby. The staff was really young and friendly. Got recommendations for restaurants and most of them were very good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night, and quite glad that it was only 1. The majority of the hotel is not too bad, standard courtyard fixtures and fittings (both at front desk and in rooms), which always includes what i would consider a dated bathroom. However, as others have mentioned, what really lets this hotel down is the noise. The walls are really thin, meaning not a lot of sleep if you didnt pack earplugs and are unlucky enough to be next to someone watching TV all night (or someone who fell asleep with the TV on perhaps). In addition, there must be a local airport very near by as there were planes going low and loud past the hotel at pretty inconvenient times.

The staff were friendly and genuine, although could do with a little more training to ensure that they say the "right things" with regards to the marriott program.

Overall my problem is not with the way the property is run, but the property itself in terms of build and location. Not much can be done about that, but it does mean i will likely stay elsewhere in the future

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Whippany hotels

Pittsburg, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Been to this hotel plenty of times before, but things seem to have changed. Gone is the old breakfast buffet, with its economical and generous offerings. This hotel now has a "Bistro", and we're back to heading elsewhere for breakfasts. But that's not what we found troubling.

We found a thick layer of dust on the back of the couch, bits of red wax in the carpet, bits of lint in the bathroom... and a sex toy in one of the bedside tables. Eeek. I'll be the first to admit, this is not what I'd expected, and I don't expect anyone else to find this, either.

Beds were comfortable if a bit soft; TV was rigged so it wouldn't allow any hookups to anything like a game system, DVD player, etc. In between all of these issues, we're having second thoughts about keeping this hotel as one in which we regularly stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
HanoverCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Hanover Whippany, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Hildemar,

Thank you for your feedback as it provides a learning tool for our property. I am truly sorry about the condition of your room and can assure you this will be followed up with our staff. Our housekeeping team takes much pride in their work and they would be very disappointed, as am I, in your experience at our hotel. I have posted points to your Marriott Rewards account and I invite you to contact me at the hotel to address the issue personally.

I hope you choose to consider returning to our property so we can provide you with a better experience. Thank you again for your comments.

Warm Regards,

Matt Garber
Ashland, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were looking for a place to spend the night while visiting Drew University with our high school senior son. Many of the hotels in the area were very pricey -- this Courtyard was nearly a third of the price of others in Florham Park and Morristown.

I'm so glad we decided to stay here. It was only about 5 miles or so away from the University and so couldn't have been more convenient. And we liked the hotel.

It's clearly an older property which has been nicely updated. The carpets in the hallways in rooms seemed new, and the lobby was clearly completely done over. The rooms seemed updated and ours was spacious and extremely clean. The pool area was very nice -- wide pool deck and comfortable furniture for non-swimmers, and comfortably heated water for those interested in taking a dip.

The only negatives are that the heating system cycles on and off quite loudly and the walls are paper-thin. We could hear people talking and televisions on in other rooms quite late into the night. It's unfortunate, because it's an otherwise nice hotel and these are significant negatives.

The downsides are at least partly offset by a staff clearly dedicated to a positive stay for their guests. We received a welcome email from the manager before our stay, which included a comprehensive listing of area restaurants and activities, as well as a thank you email upon our return home. During check out the manager stopped me to inquire about my stay and when I said that we'd stay again if we're ever in the area, he responded, quite sincerely, "Thank you very much for saying that." A good customer-service experience means a lot to me.

The only other comment I had was about breakfast, which can be a plus or minus depending upon your preferences. We booked a room with a "free" breakfast (it costs more, but not nearly as much as buying breakfast for our family) and I'm used to the buffet-style service typically found at chain hotels. At this Courtyard, you have a choice of a few different pre-set meals (eggs/bacon/fries/toast, or French toast/strawberries, for example) with coffee or juice. On the one hand, your meal is freshly cooked to order, while on the other you miss out on the variety of the buffet.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

In December 2011, I had a social event at the Courtyard in Whippany in their 2 small meeting rooms. The hotel has recently went through a renovation and it is beautiful The lobby area is set up with couches, computers, and a bistro, where they sell Starbucks, food, alcohol and snacks. The meeting rooms were alittle small, but very clean and inviting. The sleeping rooms are newly renovated as well, and were very comfortable, and no complaints here. We were so happy that we rebooked for February.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Carmel, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed here for business last week and it is a nice clean hotel. It has been remodeled recently so everything looks clean and updated. The rooms are nice and clean and have coffee makers and Irons that work! So I can press my shirts in the morning.

My only comment is - I wish they offered complimentary coffee and snacks in the evening. Many of the Marriott locations Ive stayed in will still offer coffee and some kind of snack like cookies or fruit etc... This one does not and I think they should.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Huge rooms, clean, well-maintained, spacious hotel in a nice area of Jersey. Reasonable rates but breakfast not included. 3 bigscreen computers in lobby (I love it cause I forgot my glasses!) Professional/courteous front staff. Lots of parking. Bistro in lobby but unstaffed during non-meal hours. We'll come back again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Hanover Whippany? Share your experiences!