“Beyond an average hotel experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

You added HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany to your Saves list
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Ridgedale Avenue North, Whippany, NJ 07981-1032 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Parsippany/Whippany)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
New York City, New York
“Beyond an average hotel experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The comfort of the whole room experience deserves an excellent rating. Nice staff. They were fully booked the time we were there, and that might have been the reason they gave a 2 bedroom suite to just one couple.
 Both me and my boyfriend were elated by the spaciousness.
 Everything was clean and modern. It felt like an apartment, not a hotel suite, which was a nice change from most hotel experiences. Lots of natural light from the windows. The color palette was pleasant in the bedrooms, enough to support a positive mood. The furnishings and artwork were conservative and mostly neutral. Cookie cutter chain hotels do lack some charm in that respect, but this one had enough going on to make it feel better than your average hotel room.

Although we didn't partake in breakfast, or the evening social with some free food and drink, it was nice to be offered. There's a full kitchen with a full size fridge and stove. Bench seats in the kitchen/eating area. There is a desk, TV, closet and dresser in the bedrooms. No luggage rack.

There is a laundry room, free wifi and HBO. DVD player in the living room.

We were on the first floor near the pool. It actually was very convenient since the parking lot was close. I could not hear noise from any other guests, in a fully booked hotel. During the day there was noise coming from maintenance around the pool, and some hotel staff chatting in the hallway.

One word of advice: when you are leaving the hotel (i.e. driving out onto Ridgedale Ave.) I suggest you do not make a left turn which would take you onto the highway (Route 10/Mt. Pleasant Ave.) UNLESS you need to head in the West/Northwest direction AND you know exactly where you are going. Once you get to the end of Ridgedale Ave. you have no choice but to immediately get on the highway ONLY in that direction, and it happens real quick. It is impossible to cross over to the other side of the highway, on Ridgedale Ave, in this way. Make a right turn when driving out of the hotel, then make your first left onto Sylvan Way, for an easier drive within the city.

The hotel is nestled between two highways, but you can't really tell when you are there. I found it easier to get around by staying on the local streets, and they were quite pleasant to drive on. Hotel is located in a business park area with nice landscaping.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Wow! What a room! A suite with living room, well-equipped kitchen and separate bedroom (two TVs, one in LR and one in BR). Check-in was lovely with a truly caring staff, there is a happy hour Mon-Thurs (one drink per person) plus snacks. There were really some very nice food offerings and frankly, if I didn't have dinner plans, the happy hour would have been filling enough. It was Thai lettuce wraps, a salad bar, chips and salsa, bruschetta, and veggies with dip. Quite substantial.

When I logged on to write this review, I did see the other comments about the guests that occupied the hotel on the 4th of July (while I was there). Yes, they did seem like locusts that descended on a prairie of wheat, but how can the hotel control who stays there???? I thought the hotel did a great job on the happy hour, and the breakfasts were very nice as well--including eggs, bacon, fresh fruit and all the typical fixings.

Were I still a business traveler, you'd have to pry me out of this hotel. I'd never leave. A very nice stay. (I also appreciated how quiet the hotel was. It was great to be able to walk around in the area too.)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Westchester County, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

After staying at the Hyatt house for the past three fourth of July weekends, this year will be the last. Although I too was with a group, we are decent. There was a large group of individuals which took over the hotel. They littered all over, rearraraged the pool furniture in a hazadous manner and were disrespectful. They're children ran up and down the halls all night, three of them banged on my door and ran. My problem was management got numerous complaints and nothing was done. Management has the right to request such unruly individuals leave. I have stayed at various Hyatt Houses' ; this by far was the worst experience ever. By the way, my friend stayed the weekend at the White Plains location and her experience was very similiar. I urge management to investigate each complaint and do something about it. We ALL are NOT wrong. I wanted a pleasant holiday weekend and that is NOT what I got. Don't be afraid remove these individuals from your property. After all I paid for my room too!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I would have given this hotel 4 stars but i was a bit annoyed at the fact that the hotel staff closed off the common area in the hotel at 9pm on Saturday night. The hotel only has the pool and the breakfast areas where a group can congregate and hang out, both of which were closed off at 9 which is earlier than the typical 10pm quiet time. So i'm not sure where they expect groups to simply hang out and relax, on top of that none of the groups there were particularly loud. Granted I went for a fourth of July family / friends getaway and there were a lot of people, probably too many for the hotel to manage but they could have accommodated people a little better. other than that the staff was pretty good

Room Tip: don't go on a holiday weekend
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Worcestershire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I've stayed here many times, but this time noticed how there's no pride left by management to keep the hotel clean. The hallways and elevators always have litter strewn in them, and numerous times the cleaning staff just walk by. Why aren't management overseeing this. Most of this hotel is looking decidedly dated.

The housemaids level of detail leaves much to be desired, they can spend enough time loudly speaking to each other in the hallways all times of day. Most of them don't speak or understand English, therefore haven't a clue what you're asking for. Why is the head housekeeper also not overseeing the level of cleanliness.

It's regretful to leave such comments, management at hotels have often told me if there are problems come and tell us. Chip, Andrew, etc; I've been at you hotel almost 2 weeks why haven't YOU noticed how untidy and dirty the place is looking?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Hilton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed at this Hotel on June 26 - 30. We were in town for a special convention of Jehovah's witnesses at Met Life stadium. My wife four kids and I loved the hotel. After a long day at the convention we were able to relax at the pool and enjoy the patio tables and chairs near the pool. We were also excited to see two Webber gas grills that we could use to cook with. There is plenty of shopping near by and every room has it's own kitchen with a full size stove refrigerator and dishwasher. The free hot breakfast every day was also great especially because I have 4 kids. I recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay in this area.

Room Tip: Stop and Shop is less than a mile away and they have great prices and selection.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed here for my boyfriends birthday and had a great time swimming and grilling. The room was clean, big and comfortable. The in room kitchen had all utensils and such that we needed. They provided sponges and soap and paper towels as well. The pool area is spacious and sunny and provides towels. The only issue we had was having to reserve a grill time which is fine, but the staff didn't tell us anything about that the two times I called to book and confirm early check in. Both times I mentioned we would be grilling and it would have been nice if they mentioned the reservation process before we got there since we had talked about it. All in all not a big deal and the staff was very helpful once we were there. I definitely recommend this hotel to my friends who want a mini weekend away.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany? Share your experiences!