“horrible fourth of July weekend” 1 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany to your Saves list
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Ridgedale Avenue North, Whippany, NJ 07981-1032 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Parsippany/Whippany)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Westchester County, New York
“horrible fourth of July weekend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

After staying at the Hyatt house for the past three fourth of July weekends, this year will be the last. Although I too was with a group, we are decent. There was a large group of individuals which took over the hotel. They littered all over, rearraraged the pool furniture in a hazadous manner and were disrespectful. They're children ran up and down the halls all night, three of them banged on my door and ran. My problem was management got numerous complaints and nothing was done. Management has the right to request such unruly individuals leave. I have stayed at various Hyatt Houses' ; this by far was the worst experience ever. By the way, my friend stayed the weekend at the White Plains location and her experience was very similiar. I urge management to investigate each complaint and do something about it. We ALL are NOT wrong. I wanted a pleasant holiday weekend and that is NOT what I got. Don't be afraid remove these individuals from your property. After all I paid for my room too!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I would have given this hotel 4 stars but i was a bit annoyed at the fact that the hotel staff closed off the common area in the hotel at 9pm on Saturday night. The hotel only has the pool and the breakfast areas where a group can congregate and hang out, both of which were closed off at 9 which is earlier than the typical 10pm quiet time. So i'm not sure where they expect groups to simply hang out and relax, on top of that none of the groups there were particularly loud. Granted I went for a fourth of July family / friends getaway and there were a lot of people, probably too many for the hotel to manage but they could have accommodated people a little better. other than that the staff was pretty good

Room Tip: don't go on a holiday weekend
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Worcestershire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I've stayed here many times, but this time noticed how there's no pride left by management to keep the hotel clean. The hallways and elevators always have litter strewn in them, and numerous times the cleaning staff just walk by. Why aren't management overseeing this. Most of this hotel is looking decidedly dated.

The housemaids level of detail leaves much to be desired, they can spend enough time loudly speaking to each other in the hallways all times of day. Most of them don't speak or understand English, therefore haven't a clue what you're asking for. Why is the head housekeeper also not overseeing the level of cleanliness.

It's regretful to leave such comments, management at hotels have often told me if there are problems come and tell us. Chip, Andrew, etc; I've been at you hotel almost 2 weeks why haven't YOU noticed how untidy and dirty the place is looking?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Hilton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed at this Hotel on June 26 - 30. We were in town for a special convention of Jehovah's witnesses at Met Life stadium. My wife four kids and I loved the hotel. After a long day at the convention we were able to relax at the pool and enjoy the patio tables and chairs near the pool. We were also excited to see two Webber gas grills that we could use to cook with. There is plenty of shopping near by and every room has it's own kitchen with a full size stove refrigerator and dishwasher. The free hot breakfast every day was also great especially because I have 4 kids. I recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay in this area.

Room Tip: Stop and Shop is less than a mile away and they have great prices and selection.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed here for my boyfriends birthday and had a great time swimming and grilling. The room was clean, big and comfortable. The in room kitchen had all utensils and such that we needed. They provided sponges and soap and paper towels as well. The pool area is spacious and sunny and provides towels. The only issue we had was having to reserve a grill time which is fine, but the staff didn't tell us anything about that the two times I called to book and confirm early check in. Both times I mentioned we would be grilling and it would have been nice if they mentioned the reservation process before we got there since we had talked about it. All in all not a big deal and the staff was very helpful once we were there. I definitely recommend this hotel to my friends who want a mini weekend away.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed here for about 12 days. The rooms are nice, large, and clean. The beds are deformed, I'm guessing the mattresses need replaced. As there are high and low spots in the bed.

The rooms are clean, though my toilet always smelled, but I couldn't find the source. The hallways need vacumed continually. My room seemed to be cleaned last every day which was a pain. I was near the laundry room and there were always carts in the halls (and not pushed up against the wall), I often had to move them myself. The door to the laundry is always left open as well.

The staff is okay, definitely not Marriott quality.

The breakfast is pretty crappy with limited selection. They do have an omelet bar but it's greasy.

The hotel seems to host a bunch of large groups, so it's common to see 30 people standing in the lobby checking in or out which is annoying.

Good quiet location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Canada, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

For $71 a night on Hotwire, we were VERY satisfied with out two night stay. The suite was clean (not spotless, but clean), there was little noise (just a bit of walking around noise from the folks upstairs), and the breakfast was not bad - better than Residence Inn in the Marriott chain.

Staff was uniformly helpful.

I hope that we get lucky on future Hotwire bookings and stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany? Share your experiences!