“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Route 10 East, Whippany, NJ 07981 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Hanover Parsippany)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Whippany
Morristown, New Jersey
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I moved out of our home because of Hurricane Sandy. We were very fortunate to get a reservation. Great staff, room and location; close to major highways, stores and restaurants. The room size was great, had a full fridge, cooktop, microwave and also provided free breakfast. Onsite laundry facility and vending area were available and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel and would look for rooms in other locations during vacation travel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging sources in the North America.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here last Fall for more than a month...not so good. The manager was rude at best. More accurately he was overtly hostile and indifferent to our concerns. I needed to return this year. What a difference a year made. A renovation had recently taken place. Apparently, a new management team was put in place with an emphasis on quality improvement and customer aligned problem solving. They have made a significant difference. Not only were the rooms attractively redecorated, but the staff was upgraded as well. The front desk staff was courteous, knowledgeable and helpful responding to any of our inquiries or concerns. My room was clean and very well maintained by the housekeeping staff each week. When the power failed during the Hurricane, a generator was brought in to provide auxiliary power. The staff even barbecued dinner for us a couple of evenings. Now That was different. The location is great for me providing easy access to major highways, client offices and shopping (The Mall at Short Hills...like Tysons). Rates have increased more than inflation, but it was still a cost effective solution. This was a very different experience. I was pleasantly surprised by the changes.

Room Tip: The back of the building is quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Room 342 has a slight bed bug infestation. Until this is resolved I would avoid this room, floor or hotel all together.

It's a shame as its a nice hotel, good location and friendly staff.

It hard to avoid this critters but hotels need to stay on top of it for the comfort of their guests.

• Stayed October 2012
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Whippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

we checked in on 14th October and our stay has been excellent. Negotiate well for great discounts.The hotel manager is very helpful. The hotel provide shuttle service for drop/pickup from to office in <5 miles range. They even provide this service on week-ends !!! if you ( couple of more guests) decide to go for shopping in near by malls. !!!! GREAT exp so far

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed in the hotel recently and I was totally surprised with it. I have never tried Extended Stay before but a friend recommended me to stay. She said only good things about the hotel and she was totally right. The lobby area is really nice and inviting, they also have a sit down area that make me feel very comfortable and welcome. The room that I stayed at was very clean and had a very modern look.I would totally recommend it to my family and friends and I really like to thanks the Extended Stay staff for the amazing customer service. You girls, rock!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Westminter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I live in California and I recently stayed at this hotel, and I was impresed with the quality of this place. The customer service is awesome. From the front desk to the manager they are all very accomodating and helpfull. The room was impeccable, cozy and smelled clean. They even have filter water inside the room. I definitely recomend this place to whoever come to this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany, responded to this review, October 24, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

A great place to stay they very friendly and the rooms are clean the service is excellent i highly recommend this hotel also after renovations the hotel improved tremendously it also is a great location for shopping you have Livingston mall and the short hills mall and there are plenty of places to dine close by the breakfast at the hotel is convenient and there is filtered water in the rooms along with a stove and microwave

• Stayed October 2012

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words

Been to Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany? Share your experiences!