“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Giumarello's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Westmont
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Maple Avenue
Transit: NJ Transit Speedline Train station, across the street.
Description: Giumarello's is family-owned Italian Elegance! Don’t miss out on the appetizers & desserts, in a word… fantastic. It’s a great place to have a romantic dinner.Check out our facebook page and follow us on twitter!!
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Celebrated my father's 70th birthday with family. Nothing short of perfection each time we dine here!

Service: The Giumarello brothers have a huge staff. Hostesses are organized, professional looking and pleasant. The all-male waitstaff are second to none. Knowledgeable, providing the perfect amount of attention, efficient. Our glasses were always full, plates cleared with perfect timing. Our waiter was excellent, not overbearing, and provided detailed info when we made inquiries regarding a family member's nut allergies (there was no guessing). Bonus: manager (owner?) stops by each table once to assure quality experience. No chit-chat, just a simple check. Perfect!

The food: Always excellent! How often can you say that everyone was very happy with their meals? We had everything from the Sam's Thickcut Filet (cooked to order) to Pistacio Encrusted MahiMahi to a G Burger with Gruyere. There were nine of us in all. Notable were the spicy calamari appetizer, shrimp and crab caesar salad (enough for two and which they automatically split it onto 2 dishes), and filets. Dessert was a birthday cake of Tiramisu (candles lit and ready to go) made fresh and arriving at the table without prompting, immediately after coffee was served.

Decor: This restaurant has been around for a while and yet the decor is still lovely and kept up-to-date. It is always nice to be able to sit at a large round table when with a group. The lighting in our room was just slightly too dark for some of us, but with the beautiful fireplace in the room the lighting certainly did not detract.

Price: Expensive, but worth every single penny! 9 entrees, 2 appetizers, 2-3 soups, 2 specialty salads (regular salads do come with most meals but we had to try the caesars!), a martini, 2 bottles of wine, a birthday cake, 5 specialty coffees. With tip $644.

Other restaurants would do well to study Giumarello's. In all aspects, the owners have maintained the highest of standards. Kudos!

• Visited March 2013

Westmont, New Jersey
“We've Ignored this Restaurant for Way Too Long”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We haven't been to Giumarello's for many years and now I am realizing what we have been missing. We went to celebrate my husband's birthday - what a geat choice. We started with drinks (I want to go back just to try the various martini's and margarita's; my blood orange margarita was the perfect combination of sweet & sour and served iced cold). Our appetizers included raw oysters for my husband and I took the server's advice and had the bacon-wrapped shrimp served in a dijon sauce. The oysters were fresh and flavorful. The shrimp were just a tad overdone which made them chewy but the flavors were very nice. The house salad is delicious - crisp, cold veggies served with a very tasty vinegarette. We both again took our server's suggestion and had the veal chop stuffed with lobster, spinach and fontina cheese (that's right, I said stuffed with yummy, tasty lobster). It may seem silly to rave about the house veggies but they were unbelievably delicious - it was baked butternut squash, chard and cranberries topped very lightly with a sprinkling of cheese. I seriously wanted to ask for more. The veal was perfectly cooked and very flavorful, topped with a rich demi-glaze. It was also served with potatoes dauphinoise - who knew?!?! This is a square of thinly sliced potatoes layered with gruyere cheese. Holy Moly - it was rich and decadent. Since it was a birthday celebration, we stayed for coffee and dessert. My husband is not a big sweets eater (annoying, no?) but he raved about his inside-out strawberry shortcake. This was a lovely baked cake filled with warm strawberries and served with vanilla gelatto. The presentation alone makes the dish. I "suffered" through the white chocolate bread pudding. It was honestly so yummy but very, very rich (I had the other half, along with my leftover veal chop for lunch the next day). Service was excellent; our server (I am sorry that I forget her name) was pleasant, helpful and very efficient. I don't know the gentleman's position, but we were approached at our table by a very nice man asking how our meal was. We spoke with him for several minutes and he was genuinely interested in what we had to say. The room was full of other customers (coincidentally, there were three other tables celebrating birthdays) but the noise level was fine. I hate noisy restaurants but I also don't want one that is deathly quiet. Giumarello's is definitely on our list of restaurants that we will return to.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been here about 5 times over the course of so many years. The food and service never disappoint. Favorites include the spicy calamari, eggplant rolatini and sea bass. I have been to the happy hour and love the atmosphere.

After reading prior review about the "upgrade" to the salad, not sure if we paid full price or not as I was not paying the bill, but will have to check my husband's receipt! If we did pay full price, sounds like an unfair practice since most restaurants just charge a few extra dollars for a specialty salad. We did have the Caesar and it is one of our favorites. Caesar salad is on most menus and not really done the right way. Here the romaine is chilled, in right size pieces and each piece has the right amount of coating with wonderful croutons. I would come here just for the Caesar - 'nuff said.

We visited right before Valentine's Day and the decor reflected this with lots of red flowers accenting the tables - nice touch.

• Visited February 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“G Bar Happy Hour (Good Food Specials, Poor Drink Specials)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went here during "happy hour" at the G Bar. We ordered the spicy calamari, lobster ravioli, and the meatball sliders. They were quite delicious and reasonable portions. We also received an order of bread with a side of sauce on the house. All drinks were $1 off during happy hour - not that great of a deal if you ask me. My Stone IPA was originally $7.50, but then turned out to be $6.50 with the happy hour pricing. The food is good and reasonable but you definitely bear the brunt of the cost with the alcohol. I know that's usually the case, but $7.50 for a Stone IPA draft is a bit outrageous for south Jersey. As far as the service at the bar - the bartender was great, very attentive and friendly, and we had the right amount of small talk during the hour we were there. I'd go back for the food, but definitely not for drinks.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blackwood, New Jersey
“Engagement Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My fiance and I had an engagement party for 35 guests. Everything was coordinated between the manager Steve (he's usually at the front i believe)... Anyhow everything was amazing. We wanted to go with something a little more casual where you could serve yourself and not have to be confined to one seat stuck next to someone you barely know. Since a significant portion of the bar was sectioned off for us we had the opportunity to let guests sit where they wanted. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Our total bill was about 900$ with tip tax but we did not offer alcohol, that was the guests responsibility. It was an excellent price considering 35 guests and they continued to bring out fresh food when the plates became empty. (buffet style) Overall it was excellent, would highly recommend the place for a party and the manager steve. In addition, I am considering this place for the future.

• Visited December 2012