“"Best" Hotel in Westfield? Its the Best Western” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westfield
JASPER
“"Best" Hotel in Westfield? Its the Best Western”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of stopping off at our favorite inn in Westfield, NJ again this week.
The Best Western Westfield is one of those properties that once you have stayed there, you just don't go looking for other places. Think "Bed and Breakfast" on a small hotel scale. Warm cookies and hot chocolate were available on the "crisp" knight that we checked in. The room was large and the bathroom was excellent and well stocked with toiletries. Complimentary breakfast is available so you don't have to leave the hotel first thing in the morning. The staff, as always, was delightful. I will be honest we prefer to stay in the spring, summer or fall, when you can really enjoy the great downtown area - but we stay there every time we go through. You should too!

Room Tip: Consider a suite or oversized room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a comfortable overnight stay with our three small children at this nice little inn. It is obviously very well managed and staffed. Our room was spotless (cleanliness being much more of a priority for us than decor, etc.), and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The breakfast room was clean and well-attended, and the breakfast food was fresh and wholesome. Nice location in the town of Westfield; convenient to many restaurants, stores, etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We paid $170 for a double room. The walls were so thin we could hear every word in adjacent rooms. We couldn't take a hot shower because every two minutes the water turned ice cold! The exhaust fan in the bathroom was old and made a loud irritating sound. The decor is tired and very dated! I wouldn't complain but for $170 you expect better.

• Stayed December 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Rooms are very nice. But guests in adjoining room were alittle loud and you could hear them along with running down the hall. But,the location is good in the town of Westfield. Restaurants are close. The hotel and rooms are very clean and well kept. Parking can be a bit of challange if you come to the hotel later at night. Continental breakfast is good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Donna M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westfield Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind comments and to apologize to you for the noise that you heard during your stay. I would like to assure you that had we known you were being disturbed, we would have spoken with the other guests to quiet them down or we would have offered you to move to another room. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Westfied. It is such a unique place to and I hope that we have the opportunity to see you again in the future. Thank you again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel is small with only two floors of rooms -the second and third floor and a very small lobby.

We traveled as a family with three kids and stayed here. Despite this, staff could always be reached at the front desk and they were always available extremely accomodating. I called several times to revise reservations. They also called a car service for our family. They had a continental breakfast that wasn't extensive but was quite reasonable considering the hotel price. Wireless internet was free. The rooms were clean. They had some halloween candy out and apples for guests. There was on computer in the small lobby that you could use to print out boarding passes.

The location is very good situated near shops in westfield. There is no gym and the elevator is small. There is also a stairwell. There is a small parking lot essentially under the hotel and in the back. There was no charge for using the parking lot.

Room Tip: The second floor near the elevator is where breakfast is served
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your kind comments about our hotel. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Just in case you have the opportunity to come back again, I want you to know that since we do not have a gym in the hotel that we have a relationship with the local YMCA and if you ask any of our front desk agents, you can obtain the pass to go over and enjoy any of their services. We all enjoyed having you and all of us at the Westfield Inn hope to see you again.

Kimberley Tyler
Best Western Westfield Inn
Westfield, NJ
Barnegat Light, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here M-W of super storm Sandy. We were w/o electric, heat and hot water but so was the rest of the area. Left Thur. AM to stay in Penn. with friends. Because of the lack of power I did not receive a billing receipt but the hotel had my debit card on file.

The following Sunday I reviewed my checking statement and saw I had two different charges for my stay. One for $272 and the other for $340, both posted on the same day. I called the hotel for clarification. The receptionist who answer did a cursory examination but could not explain the $340 and said my bill was for the $272. She went on to explain that the manager (Kim Tyler) was not available but that she would leave Kim a note about the problem.

I called again on Monday and spoke to another receptionist who said Kim was not yet in but would advise her of my call. Later that day I received a voice mail from Kim. Kim advised me that she could not find any evidence of the $340 but that she was sure it was "hold" amount that would be erased in 10 days. She went on to say my charge was $272 and there was nothing she could do about the $340 and I would have to speak to my bank.

My bank was closed Monday for Veteran's Day so I visited on Tuesday. The bank mgr. assured me that both charges had been deducted form my account and that no "hold" or "reversal" was pending. She suggested contacting the hotel again and if I still was not satisfied to contact the banks' fraud division.

I called the hotel and spoke to Kim and explained my findings and the bank's position. She assured me she did a thorough check but would do so again. Kim called me later that day and told me she "was right" there was no evidence of any $340 charge against my account and further she verified this with her headquarters.

After speaking to her I contacted my bank's fraud division. They acted quickly including crediting my account for $340 and initiating a investigation with the hotel.

Later that day Kim called again to tell that she located a $340 "hold" charge against my account but that she was sure this would be reversed. At that point I stopped this merry-go-round and advised her of my conversation with my bank's fraud division.

Like many people I was displaced by the storm and only was allowed home this past weekend.
As of this writing we are still awaiting power. The last thing I wanted to deal with in this rough patch was incompetence.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hallerae, Owner at BEST WESTERN Westfield Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your long term patronage to the Westfield Inn. Our records show that you have stayed with us over 57 times so I can only assume you have enjoyed your time with us. As you know, we have been in business in downtown Westfield for over 30 years with an impeccable reputation for providing outstanding customer service along with a quiet and comfortable atmosphere for our guests. We certainly would have not earned our many accolades throughout the years if we “cheated” our guests or operated doing “fraudulent activities” as you state in your posting.

It is very upsetting to read your comments on how we handled the situation regarding your credit card charges. Along with most of the businesses in the state, we too were without power for a week and completely lost all of our credit card data on guests who checked in prior to us loosing power. When the system finally came up, it required several days to organize our data regarding credit and debit card processing.. Unfortunately, in your case, your card was mistakenly charged twice. We did not know this until just yesterday when we were able to get a report from our credit card transfer company. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused although we would have appreciated you being patient with us during the state of emergency rather than filing fraud charges against us. I am still looking forward to the opportunity to receiving a return phone call from you.

Regards,
William Boyle
President, Boyle Hotels Management Group
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here for 54 days on an official visit for work. It was couple of buildings away from my work and had everything that we needed. Very comfortable beds, neat and clean rooms, corridors and common area, amazing staff. I am forgetting the name of the lady who cooked us some home made food which we were missing. Can improve on food and add a little bit of more variety to the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Westfield Inn? Share your experiences!