“Clean & pleasant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westfield
Vero Beach, Florida
“Clean & pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Clean & pleasant. Not fancy. Staff was very gracious & effectively addresses my request for special cleaning for dust mite allergies. Great location downtown near train station. Train noise not as old as anticipated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hallerae, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Westfield Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt our staff was accommodating to your needs. We do strive to make our guests feel like we are their home away from home and it sounds like we accomplished this. I hope you had time to enjoy some of the great shopping and outdoor restaurants that Westfield has to offer. Looking forward to being of service again should you make it back to Westfield.

Donna Malkowski
Director of Sales & Marketing
Boyle Hotels Management Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I've stayed at the Westfield Inn more than a dozen times. The location is great, always parking and the staff are always friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay there again when I go back to Westfield.

Room Tip: Opposite side of the Jolly Trolley if you go to sleep before midnight. Otherwise it's fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
isabel02NewYork, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westfield Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to encourage us. We hope to see you again soon. We'll have an extra cookie with your name on it.
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

WE stayed here because a family event was taking place and this was the best location.This Best Western or aka Westfield Inn was on one of the main streets and close to a busy intersection. Once you pull in to the parking area, and walk into the registration area, you realize this is not a large hotel.

The staff was very nice, pleasant and accommodating. The room was of usual size, clean
and nicely appointed. Despite the main street traffic, we heard absolutely no street noise.

The beds were comfortable and we slept well. We found this to be a very quiet hotel with a minimum of hallway noise....and that was very nice. many places we have stayed at, the guests forget to use an inside voice even at 1am in the morning--but not here. It was quiet.

We were very satisfied and would definitely recommend it .

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I have never stayed at Best Western hotels until my recent visit to New Jersey. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. This was a great hotel! Very comfortable, clean and spacious room. The staff, especially the manager, we're very friendly and helpful. They even had fresh baked cookies waiting when we arrived. The hotel is convient to upscale restaurants and shopping. I plan to stay here again when I return to NJ and have added Best Western to my favorite list for my next vacation planning.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Not what I expected at all from a Best Western! Stayed there Sunday night with a friend and had a wonderful time. Great walking town with lots of restaurants and shops as well as being located close to the train into NYC. Room was up-to-date and very clean. Manager was extremely nice and made it feel like we were at home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
isabel02NewYork, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westfield Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to support our efforts at the Westfield Inn. Reviews such as this are one of the greatest sources of encouragement for our entire staff.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Spent 2 nights at this hotel with my entire extended family for a nearby event. I took the train from NYC (where I live) and it was quick and painless. The hotel is about 5 minutes from the train, if you're a slow walker.

NYC visitors on a budget could make use of this hotel if they're fine with returning to NJ after dinner.

My corner room was large, with windows that opened to let air in. Large bathroom, large TV (which I never turned on, so cant mention the amount of channels). Rooms come equipped with a coffee maker and refrigerator (and a microwave?). Some have kitchens.

Amanda, who was at the front desk much of my stay, must have a way of knowing when guests will arrive and she was always there with a plate of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies each time we entered the hotel.

Although my Best Western profile requests rooms away from humming things like HVAC systems and elevators, I was across from the elevator. Not their fault; my Best Western account number was not attached to the reservation, so they didnt have my profile. Luckily, there was a hallway leading from the doorway into the room, so there was some separation between me and the noise. The elevator wasnt the problem - it was the adjacent ice machine, which makes ice - loudly - all night long. Definitely request a room away from the ice and soda machines if you're noise sensitive. Street noise doesnt bother me as much as humming and ice dropping in a metal container.

Breakfast was good. Premade, warm waffles, bagels, muffins and sliced breads like banana. Juices, coffee, some fruit.

The hotel is right in downtown Westfield, which is a nice little town. There is a Trader Joe's a block away with a wine store. Several nearby restaurants. We ate at the Office next door - sort of an area institution. Very good pub food. Huge bar scene on a Friday night.

Room Tip: away from the elevator, soda and ice machine. request a room with a kitchenette if that is important...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We often have visitors who visit NYC and stay with us. Glad you found us a refuge from the city's hectic pace. Hope to see you again.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We learned of a death in the family and had to quickly travel to NJ (from Texas) the next day. Since the funeral was in the Westfield area, I quickly chose a hotel and booked. When we arrived the next day, I was very pleasantly surprised to see how convenient the hotel was and also how lovely our rooms were. Although not a large property, it is efficiently managed and the rooms were very nice and immaculate with very comfortable beds. There was even a little kitchen area with fridge, microwave, sink and coffee maker. The staff were all so friendly and helpful and when I mentioned upon check-in that we were there for a funeral, we received a "funeral" discount of $10.00 per night off our room rate! Breakfast is served in the morning on the second floor and it was awesome. Expecting just your basic free continental breakfast, we were treated to hot and cold cereal, variety of juices, coffee, tea, waffles, English muffins, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt and some assorted pastries--really a large variety of food for a free breakfast and served in a very pleasant, little dining room.

Overall, a very pleasant experience and the next time I visit relatives in NJ, this will certainly be the place where I stay! And, it's less than 25 min from the Newark Airport so very convenient to even going into NY without paying exhorbitant hotel prices. Westfield in itself is a lovely, charming old town with lots of little cafes and parks.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
isabel02NewYork, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westfield Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
We are so sorry your visit was for such a sad occasion. At such a difficult time for you, it was so kind of you to take the time to give us such positive feedback. We hope to see you again in the future, and again our condolences.

Been to BEST WESTERN Westfield Inn? Share your experiences!