“Great breakfast, brunch and lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Westfield NJ USA
“Great breakfast, brunch and lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

You can go for a light meal or sample the varied menu going for an old favorite or trying something new and different, it's all on the menu. Great atmosphere.

Visited October 2013

NJ
“Not my cup of tea”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went to Turning Point this morning for breakfast with family. From the start it was a turnoff. When my husband pulled out his chair, there was coffee on the seat and on the floor under the table. We wiped it up. The server brought coffee and tea all around, and two of the cups were still dirty, and the tea pot was cracked and leaking pretty badly. Now I feel like I have to inspect the other china and utensils, and I found two suspicious spots on the creamer. And when the server brought my husband's replacement mug, there was a live tiny spider on the side. Our omelets were just ok. My poor husband's omelet included cheese that he didn't order. The server replaced the omelet; but when he brought the replacement, it came with the original toast which was cold and hard. Two family members enjoyed their skillet breakfasts. At any price, they should do better.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wayne, New Jersey
“A+ Location, A+ Atmosphere, B Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We came here based on a recommendation from a friend. The location is in beautiful Westfield, NJ and the restaurant's atmosphere and decor is very pleasing and well done. When we reviewed the menu, the offerings were plentiful and descriptions showed plenty of interesting and flavorful combinations.

We were a table of 5 adults and one infant. We all ordered simple egg based dishes..... that came out nearly 40 mins later. Mind you we were seated at the kitchen door opening so you think food would have come out faster. Around the 35 min mark the waiter came back and apologized for the wait and said that the kitchen was backed up. I flagged down a person who appeared to be a supervisor and reminded him that this was taking way too long. He said the orders were coming up. A few mins later, our food was being delivered by the runners.

One of the runners said that the plate was very hot, but put it in front of the wrong person... the young mother who was with us. He paused for a moment and I said to him, "don't make her do it." I moved the plate myself to the correct person. Quite frankly, if the plate is that hot the runner should have been using an oven mitt..... not just leaving it at the table for us to figure out.

The food was good, but not earth shattering. I asked for my omelet to be made soft, which it didn't but I just ate it b/c who knows how long it would take to correct.

I guess that this eatery gets great reviews when it's not too busy. It seems to me that the kitchen can't handle the volume they are trying to serve.

I wouldn't bother coming back as I'm sure there are plenty of other places to go in Westfield.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Only person that just thinks this is ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I think I'm the only person on here that thinks Turning Point restaurant in Westfield is just OK. I have been to the turning point twice now and walked away with the same impression.... nice atmosphere, good service, not enough food for the money and that I would rather go to Vickie's Diner that is a staple in the downtown area.
Those area two cents. Save your money and time and just go to Vickie's for better food, better service, an atmosphere that truely evokes the spirit if Westfield and more for your money!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rahway, New Jersey
“LOVE THIS PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The food is delicious, the service impeccable, and the atmosphere great for families or friends. Perfect for mom's brunch - with or without the kiddos.

Visited March 2013