“Good Lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Westampton
Mt Laurel, New Jersey
“Good Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped here after butterflying in Smith Woods Butterfly Garden. Very good homemade chili soup and hot sandwiches. French fries with potato skins on some were great. We will stop by again when we're in the area. Service was excellent and young woman behind was very pleasant.

Bakery Bread was less hardy than we like. It was rather soft. We will not buy it again. It was quite different than the sandwich bread and rolls.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

NJ
“Stay away from this place. Poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

For years, I have made an attempt to buy bread at this place. While the bread quality is good, people who work here are horrendous (especially the older staff). They do not sell their bread that is on the shelf saying 'those are for phone order customers'! If so, why don't they keep them aside inside and leave the shelves empty!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Better's out there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

From rude service to high prices, that is all I can say about this place and the food is not good. I hate to leave bad reviews but after dealing with the staff there, I hope I save someone from throwing their money away on bad food and service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Nice place for Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a Sunday morning must. Food is good and not to over prices. Bakery is outstanding as well.

Visited September 2011
Trenton, New Jersey
“Food Good - Owner Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

While I enjoyed the food at Olde World Bakery & Café, I found the owner to be a bit unscrupulous. When I received the check I noticed that the cost of the items was more than was stated on the menu and the large menu board above the counter. When I inquired about this the staff said they were in the middle of changing their prices and they didn’t have the menus or menu board reprinted yet. They said there was a sign on the door (I didn’t notice it upon entering) and on the counter by the cash register that said their prices are higher than the menu. I asked to speak to the owner. This rude man came out of the back and said his costs were going up so he raised his prices. I told him that I understand his situation and he certainly has the right to price his product as he sees fit, but he shouldn’t make the price adjustment until he has the menus and the menu board changed. At the very least the server should inform the patrons of the proper price when they order. He did not agree with my logic and showed contempt for the customer and reasonable business practices. I cannot recommend this restaurant based on the owner’s bait & switch policy. Upon exiting I did see there was a sign on the door among the clutter of other signs hanging on the glass. This proprietor did not do enough to allow the customer to make an informed decision before doing business with him.

Visited March 2012