“I will Stay Here Again!” 5 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Westampton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bowie, Maryland
“I will Stay Here Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great stay. This hotel was awesome. I received a great discounted rate w/o a reservation, even after arriving around midnight. Location is right across the Turnpike entrance but no noise. Well decorated and clean rooms. I was given cookie and free bottled water upon arrival. Cracker Barrel is across the street for quick breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here for a night. Everything was fine with our stay except the fact that our room was across from the pool and next to the stairwell. This made it very noisy! Otherwise, everything was clean & comfortable. Refrigerator and microwave were great to have. Having Recovery bar and grill nearby was also a plus. If you are traveling via the NJ turnpike, you can't beat the connivence of its location.

• Stayed May 2013
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The rooms are quite noisy from evening through midnight. Although noise was reported to hotel staff and acknowledged as present by the hotel staff the noise from the pool was not remedied. I would recommend avoiding this hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI_MountHollyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mount Holly / Westampton, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I'm sorry to see that you had some issues with the noise levels during your stay. You should absolutely expect a comfortable and quiet stay, and I apologize if that was not the case. We would love the opportunity to make it up to you the next time you're in the Westampton area. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you have other questions or concerns.

Carrie Sayers, General Manager
Short Hills, New Jersey, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I spent a night at this hotel last weekend with my son who was playing in a soccer tournament nearby. I had stayed at this hotel a few years back under similar circumstances. I remember it as decent like most of the Hilton Garden Inns I have stayed at.

The hotel was fully booked for the weekend and we were given rm. 251 at the end of a hallway. I thought this was good, that the room would be more quiet. All was fine until we turned in for the night. As I tried to sleep I heard this whirring sound that was constant. I hadn't noticed it before because my son had the TV on. This sound was on whether the room air conditioner was on or not. It was a droning mechanical sound which I thought was coming from outside the room. I actually went outside to check! I didn't fall asleep until after 3am.

The next day I called to complain. The woman at the desk said it was likely the room air conditioner or some kind of roof unit. That made no sense since we were on the second of three floors. She sent an engineer to look at he unit. When he got to the room I explained the noise. I asked what was underneath this room. He said the room was above the boiler room with about six boilers and some air conditioning units. I would never stay in this room!

I have a separate issue with breakfast the next morning. Granted the hotel was filled with soccer players, but the management was totally unprepared for the weekend. When we went to breakfast, there was only one server, no silverware or plates, dwindling breakfast pastries, no fruit, etc. There was food everywhere, unclean tables, etc. No management forethought about the needs of guests. Anarchy is not my idea of a way to start my morning. Suffice it to say, we did not eat there.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HGI_MountHollyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mount Holly / Westampton, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for the review of your stay. We're disappointed to see you were not completely satisfied. As you noted, we were operating at a high occupancy, but every guest in every room should be able to have a relaxing stay. I hope you accept our apologies, and consider giving us another shot the next time you are in town. We would love the opportunity to have you back so we can make it up to.

Carrie Sayers, General Manager
Clarks Summit, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I went because I was told it was new and the location was good for me. Quick check in. Good parking. Clean all around. Minimal complaints but I feel the price is a little high for this market. Breakfast/meals/bar availability are plusses.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Rahway, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Wayne, the bartender makes you feel like you are not just a guest but welcomed like you have been going to your local establishment forever. Makes all the guest feel at ease and much easier to network with other guests. Wilhem, an amazing chef, his own menu was superb!!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I previously stayed at this property in September of 2012 and was impressed then, so booked another stay for a business trip last week. The hotel is still fairly new (perhaps 3 years old?), but they updated the lobby area already and it is trendy and inviting. I checked in very late in the evening and didn't recognize the person from my last visit; she welcomed me as a Diamond VIP and said she had a quiet room on the top floor ready for me. In the morning I had breakfast and the waitress, Fran, remembered me from my last trip! It was nice to be recognized and welcomed back. I also was greeted by Lori, the Sales Director, who also remembered me from my last visit and expressed her appreciation for my return business.
My room at this property was so quiet-- I did not hear anyone, even though I had an adjoining door in my room. I was a little nervous about the noise level, but there was no noise! I asked Lori if anyone had stayed next to me, and she said the property was sold out the night before I checked out. I would highly recommend room 341 for anyone who needs peace and quiet! The room is on the back side of the building which overlooks a field.
Another thing I love about this property is the fact that the windows open! Albeit they only open a few inches, but that is much better than having the hermetically sealed windows so common at most other Hilton properties.
I recommend this hotel for anyone who likes a quiet place away from the hustle and bustle of the city. There is a Target close by, as well as a Kohl's. The only downfall is...NO STARBUCKS! I was directed to one about 10 minutes from the property, but decided to find one along my daily route instead.
The staff here is fantastic and made me feel so at home. I especially appreciated Lori, Fran, and Executive Chef Wilhelm.
I will stay at this property again when I return to the area.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of the building for a restful sleep (overlooks a field!).