“La Quinta's New Pet Policy in West Long Branch” 1 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn West Long Branch to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   109 Route 36, West Long Branch, NJ 07764   |
NYC
“La Quinta's New Pet Policy in West Long Branch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the West Long Branch La Quinita with our dog and were surprised to have to sign a new Pet Agreement at check in. We've stayed at that La Quints many times in the past with our dog and they never had any issues with our dog. Now you are NOT allowed to have your dog alone in the room at any time. That means, if you think you're heading off to the beach, or to a restaurant, without your dog, forget it! Management has created a new rule that the dog can't be in the room without it's owner AT ANY TIME. I've uploaded the Agreement that we were told to sign at check-in for you to read. On their website management does not state any of the many restrictions restrictions stated on the Agreement. With their agreement It is possible for someone with a reservation to drive a hundred miles or more to be turned away because their pet is over the allowable weight, 45 pds. or of a breed not to the liking of management. Further, management has reserved the right to to fine you $100 if they discover that you have broken the Agreement and left your pet in the room alone and has determined that your pet has created a disturbance. Regardless plan on NOT dining out in a restaurant or visiting any of the nearby beaches on your next stay at La Quinta West Long Branch if you're bringing your pet. Now, unfortunately, it appears we'll never be able to stay at the West Long Branch La Quinta with our dog again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and found our guest room to be immaculate. We also traveled with our dog and chose this hotel because it was pet friendly. It was close to the beach and restaurants. We had a great time and will visit again!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

atlanta, ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pros: The front desk clerks were pleasant and helpful. The two beds in our room were queen-size; they were softer than I like but not awful. The continental breakfast was average but was constantly being replenished. De-humidifiers are used in the hallways. The hottub was the right temperature.

Cons: The elevator is on the opposite side of the hotel from where the rooms are, and there are stairs halfway down the hall on the second floor. This makes it very difficult to use a hotel luggage carrier. You are better off using the stairs. The second floor had rooms with dogs. The indoor pool was small and cold. The bathroom was poorly designed. You cannot stand at the sink when someone opens the bathroom door.
The business center is a computer [without a speaker] and a printer. The hotel was not listed in my gps.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back parking lot are quiet.
Norway, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was booked into 9 nights here and discovered that the room I had booked was not what was available for Night #1. The manager and his assistant got me into the correct room on Night #2-even offered to move my belongings for me. All of this was down with smiles. Pool is a nice thng to have in 90 degree weather. AC in room kept the hallway noise to a minimum. Front desk staff helpful and pleasant no matter when you see them. Breakfast adequate, but well maintained.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Iowan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were originally booked at another nearby hotel, but had a last minute change of plan and needed to bring our dog along with us. This is the reason we ended up at the La Quinta. We did definitely like their pet policy, as we dislike paying huge pet fees for our dog who doesn't cause any damage. Not really sure it was worth the switch, though.

This was our first stay at a La Quinta, so I'm not sure how similar this one is to others of the brand. Arrival was fairly easy, just had to sign lots of paperwork. Got up to our room which was okay. We were in an Executive King. We had my husband and myself, our 11 year old son, and baby. We booked that room because there was a bit of separation between the bedroom and sitting area, and also because there were two televisions. That was definitely a plus, as we don't always want to watch the Disney channel! The room also seemed clean. When we folded out the sofa bed, it was missing quite a few of the springs that attached the netting part to the frame. My son did fine on it, but my husband went right through when he leaned over to hug him goodnight. Not really impressed with that.

There was a good little space in the bedroom area with room for our pack and play. Our bed was also quite comfortable, although there was only a nightstand on one side of the bed. The clock wasn't even on the nightstand, but over on the desk. Not a big deal and easily moved, but just kind of strange. Not a lot of lighting in the room so it was always kind of dim. Again, not a huge problem. Just little things that were adding up.

The strangest part of the room was the bathroom. When you walked in, there was this space between the bath/shower and the wall. Like the back of the tub had the wall there, and then there was about a 15" space before the wall of the bathroom. It was a couple feet deep. Nothing there. It was just this awkward open space. Maybe if there were some shelves built in there to hold towels or something it would make sense, but otherwise it was just wasted space. Another weird thing about the bathroom was that the door opened towards the vanity. So if the bathroom door was open, you couldn't be standing at the sink doing make up or whatever. This was an issue one morning while we were there. We had a wedding to attend, and it was an early morning event. I showered first, and then was going to do my makeup and hair while my husband showered. The kids were still asleep so I couldn't turn the lights on and do it in the room area. While he showered, I had to have the door closed to be able to see into the mirror. Unfortunately, there's not a fan for the bathroom, or at least not one that works well, so the mirror was completely foggy. I would have opened the door to clear some of it, but again, then I couldn't see or stand there. I just thought that was not well thought out and it really did lower my impression of the room. We can't be the first couple trying to get ready at the same time who have had that problem!

The pool area was nice. Small pool, but the decor was pretty. Looked like a faux stone finish, and went around the jacuzzi as well. The hot tub was wonderful. Definitely enjoyed that! There was also a nice patio outside the pool that looked nice. Breakfast was a disappointment. Bagels and muffins, donuts, cereal, eggs, and make your own waffles. It worked and got us fed, but we weren't impressed. There was, though, a guy working in the breakfast area who did impress us. He was constantly sweeping and refilling things and did a really great job. He was very friendly.

There were just a lot of little things about this hotel that were off. Had the price been less than the other place I was going to stay at, it wouldn't have been such a big deal. But when they have the same price as a nicer place in the same area, you expect a similar standard. I get that it's a beach area and during the summer you can have higher prices, but it didn't seem worth to me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn West Long Branch? Share your experiences!