“Seastreak....a great way to enjoy foliage” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 5 Attractions in Weehawken
Type: Ferries/ Boats, Tours, Other
3 attraction reviews
“Seastreak....a great way to enjoy foliage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Fall season in New Jersey is not highly advertised...however if you enjoy the changing of season I would highly recommend you to consider a 4 hours cruise from Atlantic Highlands, NJ. It runs only during three weekend in October, You will enjoy beautiful views of Manhattan and north on the Hudson up to West Point. Relaxing and comfortable. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2011

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Transpo to NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Conveniency off the beaten path. This is an excellent alternative to the traditional (sometimes expensive) methods of travel to and around the BIG city.

Visited October 2011
San Rafael, California
39 attraction reviews
“Pricey, but extremely convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This ferry has a bus system on either side of the Hudson, great free parking in NJ, and it runs frequently and late.

Visited September 2011
Rochester, New York
27 attraction reviews
“Easy NYC access.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

While I am sure commuters are all over the ins and outs of ferry travel, tourists like me are reluctant to travel this way. I thought staying in NJ would be a regrettable hassle. Not with the ferry. Clean. Friendly. Timely. We traveled during tourists hours and didn't encounter any problems. Great way to access NYC.

Visited August 2011
“4th of July Cruise...not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband and I went on the 4th of July cruise to see the fireworks. From the get go we had trouble. My tickets were supposed to have been mailed, but never made it to my house. I had to make several calls and no one could tell me the status of my order. FInally I got a hold of a supervisor who agreed to hold tickets at will call for me after seveal days of phone calls going back and forth. Miraculously the tickets did arrive 2 days before the evert. Keep in mind I ordered my tickets 3 week before the event and there was plenty of time for them to get me.

So the day arrives and we thought that was then end of the nonsence, but it wasn't. We were given completly wrong directions from their operators. Once we finally did arrive we received nothing but attitude from their will call window.

Finally we got on the boat which was way overcrowded. Ridiculously over crowded actually. After about 2 hours of being crammed on this boat the fireworks started. The boat was forced to stay quite far from the fireworks along with the rest of the ferries by the coast guard. Very dissapointed on the distance from the fireworks. And if that wasn't enough the boat also had a horrible obstructed view from the large box at the end of the boat( smokestack or engince of somesort). You could hardly see anything. Very dissapointing.

After all was said and done we sat in over 2 hours of traffic just trying to get out of weehawkin. So not worth the time, effort or money. I will NEVER do this again!! Same your time and see the local fireworks in your town.

Visited July 2011