“Quality, clean accommodation close to Newark.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area

Save Saved
You added Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area to your Saves list
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   334 Route 46, East Service Road, Wayne, NJ 07470 (Formerly FairBridge Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Wayne
Highfields, Australia
“Quality, clean accommodation close to Newark.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We book into the Fairbridge Inn last minute, trying to find accommodation with power close to Newark, just after Hurricane Sandy. Other reviews had said that it could be hard to get to - its on a service road, just off the highway. So when we got close, I just rang the receptionist to confirm the best directions - she was very helpful and clear and we found it easily. Can be a nuisance getting back to it after dinner, shopping etc. However, the friendly staff and large, clean rooms make up for it. Rooms have been recently renovated - we had a King room, but other options are available. Price was good. Facilities in room were new and good quality and all rooms surround a central courtyard with large pool. Although near the highway, the room was very quiet. Continental breakfast included had a wide range of foods and was a good start to the day. The location is handy to large shopping Malls in Wayne and only 20 miles from Newark airport. Would recommend the hotel, and would return.

Room Tip: There are two levels, so if you have luggage, ask for a level one room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JasmineHowe, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Valued guest
Initially, I would like to thank you for taking your time out to express your opinion on our location. Furthermore, I’m pleased that we were able to accommodate you during such a trying time. Hurricane Sandy affected a number of businesses as well as residents locally, which kept us busy. Nonetheless, that did not hinder us in providing quality service to our guest. As our highways have proven to be tricky, I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of our front desk staff in order to bring you in safely. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Howard Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were attending a friends wedding and decided at the last minute to stay overnight. I searched online and found this place, it was less than 10 minutes away from the hall so it was good.

Everyone from the reservation over the phone to checking in and out where pleasant. It is right next to a mini-golf/driving range but we never heard any noise and our room was facing it. I was outside in the morning and never heard any noise so that was nice. We actually never heard any of the guests.

Room was perfect for our needs. Clean, comfortable bed, nice sized bathroom. Which had a blowdryer, ironing board and plenty of towels. The soaps that were provided smelled good too.

There were plenty of blankets and a nice recliner in the room as well as a desk and chair.

They had a complimentary breakfast in the morning but we did not have it. I think there were eggs, bacon, cereal, even waffles. Along with coffee, tea and juice.

Room Tip: Not so much the room but I wouldn't plan on using the cab services there. We wanted to take a c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Howard Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the Fairbridge for the night after a friends wedding. I made the reservation over the phone. The staff was very pleasant during that an upon check in.

Our room has a queen bed, nice sized bathroom and a recliner. It is right next to a mini-golf/driving range. We did not hear any noise even though when I went outside at 7:30 in the morning there were at least 15-20 over at the range.

The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of blankets.

The only thing I did not like was you need to use 2 different units to cool the room. There was a unit in the wall that controlled the speed. I put it on high cool but didn't realize that you also needed to adjust the temperature on the wall unit. Not a big deal.

They did have a contiential breakfast but we did not have that, so I can not comment on it. I think there was cereal and even a waffle maker.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Youngstown, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Yes, the hotel is hard to find the first time. NJ is notorious for their no left turns--my sister lived here for a whole and that's how I learned about the Celtic Knot roadway systems. This isn't a negative toward the hotel - they can't fix that.

The FairBridge sign is up now, so don't look for a Ramada!

However, I was not informed until I arrived at check-in, about the $100 deposit hold they were going to put on my card. Yep, that should've been mentioned on this site and Hotels.com and the hotel's own site--I checked all 3 for such info prior to reserving.

The front desk people were great, though--very pleasant and friendly. Our room was clean and what I expected. The beds and bedding were great, too.

On the housekeeping: the first day we didn't need our room cleaned, so we hung the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Before we left on the second day, we switched the sign to Please Service Immediately. We returned that night and nothing had been done.

They DO come by--at 9 AM, I found out later. I've worked at hotels before, I had friends in housekeeping, so I know that you're supposed to check the rooms again after standard checkout time to make sure nothing has changed.

That night, my husband had to go to the front desk and get more towels. He had a good attitude about it--but sighed when I still left a tip. :-)

The adjacent restaurant was closed for renovations--I was grateful we had a car and had access to the mall and other restaurants. We left our car at the Willowbrook Park & Ride and took the bus into NYC. $7.50 per adult each way, plus about $2 for parking. On the weekends, kids ride free.

From the Port Authority Bus Terminal you can hop on the subway, and from the terminal you're already a block west away from Times Square.

We were grateful for the continental breakfast. Muffins, pastries, cereal, Belgian waffles, eggs and sausage were available. An international tour group TRASHED the ample breakfast area one morning--we felt so bad for the girl who had to clean it up! The morning after, however, it was quiet and a nice, relaxing meal.

We did extend our stay for a third night, so it wasn't bad at all. My gripes were the housekeeping and deposit issues. We may stay there again.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms will probably feel safer to single travelers.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nice & affordable hotel! Our groups stayed here, and the customer service was really awesome. Marilyn, the sales coordinator, was so helpful and great to work with. The rooms have been updated so they are nice inside. Clean. Only downside is it can be confusing to get to, but just keep following signs for the "Service Road". Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Recently stayed for a weekend and was impressed with cleanliness and newly renovated rooms. From reserving rooms to checking out, the customer service was top notch. Took advantage of complimentary breakfast, didn't use pool, but it looked very well kept and clean. A short walk next door brings you to Cheeseburger In Paradise which was a great bar/restaurant with good burgers and great prices. Would not hesitate to use again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
North Clarendon, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

PROS:
-Very clean and well-maintained property, looks recently renovated
- Poolside patios for very pleasant take-out dining in good weather
- Spacious, clean bathroom
- Comfortable bed and cushy seating
- Complimentary breakfast if you like those things
- Excellent value at 60.00

CONS:
- Very hard to get to on the Rt. 46 East service road
- 1st floor room smelled musty, probably due to past flooding in the area. Bring Febreze along.
- Could not control room temp. They don't turn on the heat til later in September
- Noisy outside our room on a Saturday night

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area? Share your experiences!