“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Wayne NJ while attending a family function. The accommodations were excellent and very comfortable. We had a full one-bedroom suite with a fully outfiitted kitchen. The facility had a pool, gym, offered breakfast and had a small market in the lobby. They would also do your shopping for you if you requested. The service was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Maged M, General Manager at Residence Inn Wayne, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Sue,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was Excellent.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we could assist you further in the near future.

I look forward to welcoming you soon back to our property.

Thank you and have a great summer.

Maged Mosaad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I had a guaranteed room reservation and walked in exhausted after driving over an hour from JFK at almost midnight only to find that they decided to give my room away and send me away to another hotel. I am a female traveling alone and only have my point GPS to get me from point to point in my business travels. What is the point of a GUARANTEED reservation if they do not honor. I will NEVER be staying at this "hotel" again. And I had stayed at this hotel several times before too. My co-worker had a room with a leaking ceiling, broken towel bar and a broken toilet that he was told he would have to wait until the morning to get fixed. This hotel clearly has no regard or concern for its frequent travelers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Maged M, General Manager at Residence Inn Wayne, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to discuss this incident with you. I truly regret that you have experienced this at our hotel. I assure that this has been an isolated incident and I understand your point of view. It is our goal to exceed your expectations and we have truly failed. Please accept my sincere apology.

Again, thank you for giving me the opportunity to discuss this with you. I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel very soon.

General Manager.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

To give you an idea how much I travel, last year (365 days in year, right?) I had 374 room nights.
When I am in the NY NJ area, I have hundreds of choices but make it a point to stay in the Wayne Residence Inn for a majority of the time with a standing reservation. At all levels, this staff is the best anywhere. I have millions of Marriott Rewards points and my consulting firm clients pay for my hotel stays so I can choose from a variety of locations in North Jersey and outside NYC. I choose this location because the manager Maged is a class act, his front line desk management (Maggie, Gabe, Moe, Nadia, e.g.) are top notch and everyone from the cleaning and maintenance staff to the culinary staff is well trained, courteous and well mannered, friendly and they all treat all the guests like family. As the TV spots say, "it's not a room, it's a residence," I would say the Wayne Residence Inn is a home away from home. Some of the reviews I've read are probably written by some of the cranky souls I've seen wandering around like zombie apocalypse (and while there are some isolated incidents in any hotel with drunken wedding parties and weekend family stomps where people want to spend a total of $175 for a vacation for 57 people they can cram into a room and still get free breakfasts and steal the towels) and they're going to complain if they stayed in the Breakers or the Plaza Hotel. It's one of the quietest, safest areas of Jersey, a peaceful setting with lush landscaping and wildlife everywhere which come out from the nearby ponds and meadows - deer, turkeys, turtles, birds of all kinds. Don't let the turkeys who can't write a balanced review dissuade you - this place is a class act run by kind, hard working great people like you and me. Great pick!

Room Tip: Even number upper level rooms have a nice view of the nearby hillside and horizon.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Maged M, General Manager at Residence Inn Wayne, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear PConsultantFL,

Thank you for taking the time to critique our hotel. We really appreciate hearing from our all our guests as their comments are vital tools for our success.

We here at the Residence Inn in Wayne strive to make it as you said a "home away from home" My team and I are committed to providing all the comforts of home and provide a well balanced friendly environment with top notch service to our guests.

Again thanks for your time to critique our property. Safe travels.

General Manager.
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I came here back in April with my family what a wonderful experience. We decided to come back again for Memorial day weekend. What a BIG MISTAKE! There were kids running around every where and the pool forget it, there were way too many people in the pool area. It was like a block party for the holiday. Thought I would have a nice weekend but this didn't happen especially for the money that was spent I was very disappointed this time. I should have stuck with the Sheraton instead...Think I will stay away for the summer. My kids were also disappointed because we came to enjoy the pool and it never happened. They also have a basketball court with no balls to offer the quest. Oh forget to mention we stayed on the 3rd floor and we were up most of the night from the people above us, Thanks Residence INN......

Room Tip: Stay on the fourth floor so there is no way above you walking around all night. Don't go on a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Maged M, General Manager at Residence Inn Wayne, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Denise,
Thanks for taking the time to critique our hotel on tripadvisor. We truly value each of our guest's opinion and use it as tool to make necessary changes for our success in the future.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your first visit with us and decided to try us back. I am sincerely sorry that we didn’t live to your expectations that you had from your first visit. I have reviewed your comments with my team and have placed corrective measures so that it may not reoccur to our future patrons. If you feel like you want to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at 973-872-7100 ext.505

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed here for one night about 10 days ago. Overall, this is a nice Residence Inn in a pleasant, secluded (hard to find!), suburban community. The property is well kept and the rooms seem slightly more updated than some of the older/-est Residence Inns are. Our room was spotless and clean. The evening BBQ night was a bit of a joke, sub-par food but hey, it was free. The breakfast was standard fare for most Residence Inns; the staff were helpful and eagerly assisted other guests or replenished the food when appropriate.

While convenient to where I was working briefly, the hotel is tricky to find. Its 10+ minutes off I-80 and not exactly close to any freeway/large highway of size... in contrast to the hotel ads, I am not counting Hamburg Turnpike as a large highway. Coming from the south, the hotel has no advance signage from the closest main road (Valley Road). The turn off Valley Road leads past several suburban office buildings and an ice rink, before finally, up a hill and around the corner you reach the Residence Inn at the very end of the cul-de-sac/dead end street. There is also a huge road construction project being done near Valley Rd. and Hamburg Turnpike which causes travel delays.

A first for me for a Marriott property: At check in, immediately after getting the rundown on the evening social hour and breakfast, the (new/rookie?) front desk agent informed me in so many words that 'maintenance was on duty if there was anything not working in my room'. The fact that she articulated this so specifically made me ask if I should expect anything to not be working in the room? (Her answer was no.) The room was fine/totally up to par...her comment was just quite unexpected and made for a few awkward moments between her, myself and another guest waiting.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was great.we had a two room.suite, it was very spacious for a family of four..The staff was very friendly and helpful when asked questions...My kids really enjoyed the pool and basketball court...just wanted some where to sit outside to enjoy the weather...The Breakfast was ok...a lot of carbs if you enjoy this kind of food...overall great place.home away from home environment....

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Residence Inn Wayne? Share your experiences!