“Great & Creative Sushi, But Slow Service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 144 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
NJ
“Great & Creative Sushi, But Slow Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Let me start this review with praise for Mr. Sushi's menu and sushi selection. I've tried many Japanese eateries and I have to say that Mr. Sushi is my fave food wise. The seafood is always fresh, and amply portioned. The speciality rolls are very creative with several being original to this location. They also have a great "All You Can Eat" sushi special which really pays off if you like your sushi!

With that said, I have to express a general criticism for the extremely slow and inconsistent service that I experienced every time I go here. Forget about going on busy nights like Friday or Saturday because you WILL wait over an hour for your first course. And when you go to order your second course it will take even longer. Additionally, there are always mistakes made on the orders (i.e., wrong rolls, too many pieces of a fish you did not order, etc.) which in turn means you have to wait even longer for those missing items to appear. The last time I went to Mr. Sushi it took 3 1/4 hours to get two servings of sushi - NOT acceptable!

I wish they would fix their service issues, because I truly do love their food and have not yet found another Japanese restaurant that matches the food quality. I guess I will have to settle for either take out or going during the day when they are less busy!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Jersey
“Great Price...Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We like Japanese style food and eat out often. Mr. Sushi is one of our favorate restaurants. It had been closed due to recent flooding but now reopened. We went for the lunch special and was glad to see it had been remodeled and the food was excellent. We especially like the three sushi roll lunch special and the All You Can Eat Sushi Special. Over all good value, especially lunch, good food, nice atmosphere.

Visited December 2011
Wayne, New Jersey
“Nice family owned eatery.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

They are always busy, so the service is on the slow side. I usually just do take out. Pretty good value and good quality sushi.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere