“If I eat in one more Italian restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Afghan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
NJ
“If I eat in one more Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Has Thai food become same old? Looking for a change? Silk Road is it!

Last night, my wife and I gave this Afghan restaurant a try, and I am glad we did. While I've never been to Afghanistan, the cuisine here is obviously authentic and delicious. The decor is refined and the ambiance is very pleasant.

Try this place, you will not be disappointed

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Green Brook, New Jersey
“Fabulous kabobs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place has changed restaurants a lot since this complex opened. Finally, it's a great place. It's a little pricey but worth it. The kabobs and sauces are great. Orange rice is great too! We've only ever done take out but the restaurant always seems to be crowded when we pick up.

Visited January 2013
New York, NY
“Excellent, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've gone to lunch here many times. It's a great family owned place. The quality of the food is excellent. It's incredibly tasty and unique. The food is consistent delicious and service is always outstanding. I would very highly recommend to anyone looking to try something new. I've tried most items on the lunch menu but almost always order the Murgh Kofta Kabob - it's a chicken kabob made with ground chicken mixed with fresh spices. It's delicious! I also recommend the Filet Mignon Kabobs (my wife's favorite) - they are very tendor and flavorful.

I have only gone for lunch. They have a $10ish lunch special with soup, salad, your choice of entree and rice which is an incredible value.

I would very highly recommend. This place is truly a hidden gem.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

What a gem. Fantastic food...great service. A no brainier...looking for something different that will wow you...you have to go to this place.

Clinton, New Jersey
“As Advertised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went for lunch, and the restaurant delivered as advertised. Friendly and informative staff. Fresh and and quality ingredients in all of our meals. Lunch time prices are extremely reasonable. Most meals start at $9.99 and come with a soup (we had some type of cream vegetable, very good), tomato and cucumber salad (fresh!!!! and tasty), flatbread (Excellent!!! Save some room) and a ground beef kabob with a choice of rice (also very good). A fabulous lunch time meal!!! The tea with milk was also very good. Will definitely go back!

• Visited March 2013