“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wall Township
Highland lakes NJ
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband an I stayed here for 3 nights the last week of June and were so pleased. We are on a very tight budget and could not have stayed 3 nights with out their great rates. They are located a short drive from Spring Lake and Belmar. The room and pool were both very clean. The pool was a great help to the budget, we could get a swim in and wait until after 5 to go to the beach when it is free. The staff was friendly. They also had free wi fi and a refrigerator in the room. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
maple sh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

So I read many reviews about this place and I should have believed them. But over all this place was a nightmare. It was close to everything we needed for the weekend but should have paid a little more to stay somewhere else..so heres my list.
room smelled awful
safe was broken
fridge was broken
hole in balnkets..(we brought our own)
no curtains..tiny dirty blinds
heard every little noise and felt very unsafe
We had to come home and clean everything that we had brought..I could go on but take it from me the many others..DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

So me and my friends booked two rooms this past weekend not knowing what we were in for. We checked in and the room spelled like mildew, wet dog and pure death. We sucked it up and decided we would stay. We all went out that night and came back to our rooms at around 2:30. There were no lights on outside which is really safe. (pause. not!!!) and then out of 4 keys none of us could get in. We called for maintenance and a few minutes later Mr. Helpful Tom showed up. He than told us the battery in the doorknob died. He than left and said he would be back with tools. Almost an hour past and Tom was still not back so one of our friends had to than take it upon himself to climb in the top half of the window so we could get in our room. After finally getting in we were greeted by some lovely uninvited guests... BUGS! Disgusting, filthy bugs. They were all over!! On the ceiling, beds, fall, bathroom... ALL OVER! So we had enough of this filthy motel and decided to leave at almost 4am to go back home. We then called the next day to complain and were told to call back on Monday when a manage would be there.
This room was $109 and even if they offered us a free weekend in the future none of us would ever step foot in this hell hole again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Oost van Rotterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

After reading the article on the dirtiest hotels in the US , I was reminded of this dump where we stayed in 2006. I booked for 6 nights, but stayed only 1. Next day we moved to a Comfort Inn close by. Experience: first room we got was not cleaned.... had a connecting door to another room that did not close or lock. There were other people in that room.
Second room smelled like the dogs sleep there. Judging from most reviews I read on this place not much has changed

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

This hotel was one of three that were recommended on an invitation to a party we were attending in Spring Lake. The first room we were given was filthy. There were dead bugs in the room, spit on the bathroom wall and hair on the shower wall and soap. We had our room changed & that one was worse. There was a dead fly in one of the towels, a dead spider in the bible drawer, urine on the toilet seat and on the floor. When we pulled the mattress back there were bed bugs and they were moving. My husband went to the office to complain to the manager, who was extremely rude. She argued that the place is clean & made him show her the bed bugs. She was cracking the bed bugs with her fingernails. She ripped up his credit card deposit and threw it at him. Needless to say, we didn't stay there and got in touch with the Wall Twp Health Dept. I thought motels this gross only existed in bad movies. It should be closed down!!

• Liked — The pool looked clean
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wallingford, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

Whole family had 4 rooms for 1 night - rooms smell like mold, linens stink and are in awful condition, shower in 3 of the rooms was a slight trickle, paper thin walls, flooring very uneven with carpet poorly installed, and magnum condoms and KY jelly found in "bible" drawer of one room. I have no clue how's it's still in business. Unless you rent rooms by the hour, I'd avoid this one.

• Liked — my mind is blank
  • Disliked — Moldy, dirty rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
OVIEDO, FLORIDA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2008

My husband and I travel to Wall, NJ twice a year to visit friends and family. We stayed here for the weekend. I must say that I didn't know what to expect with all the questionable reviews, but since the price was cheap I figured we could hang tough for a few days if we had to. Well, I am glad we did. The price, location, and staff were all great. We arrived at 1:30am on a very frigid Friday night. The night staff was friendly and expecting us. When we arrived to the room it was sooooo toasty and warm, if they only knew how I appreciated that since arriving from warm Florida. The room was very clean from towels & linens to tub. The room appeared to have been recently refurbished as the carpeting and bathroom appeared to be new. The room and staff exceeded my expectations. It was just what we needed, a warm, clean room with a queen bed to stay.

• Liked — Great location. Diners and restaurants nearby. Great shopping. Atlantic City 1 hr away.
  • Disliked — Small room and towels could be a bit softer.......
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Travelodge Wall Spring Lake Belmar? Share your experiences!