“Less than satisfied” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park

You added Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wall Township
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Less than satisfied”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel was clean and I had no complaints until I find out after check out that there was a boil water advisory in the county where the hotel is located. I was never told during stay and there were no signs alerting of this problem. I called corporate to complain and they told me the general manager would contact me about this problem. After waiting two weeks, I never heard from the manager so I called corporate again. He called me back finally and was incredibly rude and told me that I had received water bottles and had been told during my stay about the water problem. He became incredibly rude and I told him he had lost me as Marriott customer to which he replied "That is your perogative, I do not care."

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
My apologies for the direction our conversation took in resolving your concerns, my intent was not to come across rude or defensive. Daily the staff and I do our best to meet all requirements / expectations and when we fall short we evaluate and do our best to do better. No excuse on my part to have you walk away feeling the way you have expressed in your review, and for that I am sorry. I hope in the future this experience of a poor conversation will not have you second guess other Marriott products.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Early July 2012 was my sixth stay at this hotel, and it proved to be restful and enjoyable. We rented two rooms on this visit and found them clean, cool, and comfortable. The staff was gracious, as usual. I really enjoy having a Wa-Wa convenience store across the back parking lot. It's a great place to purchase coffee, breakfast items, and lunch items for the beach. Add a little ice to the cooler, and we were off for a day of fun in the sun. Central Jersey beaches are only 12-15 minutes from the hotel, including Bradley, Belmar, Spring Lake Heights, and Sea Girt (my favorite).

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thanks for continuing to stay with us. We sincerely appreciate the kind comments, feedback is always helpful and we look forward to having you back for a 7th, 8th, 9th..................(smiles).
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed for two nights over the 4th while visiting the Jersey shore. This Courtyard has all of the latest Courtyard features--lobby, cafe, bar, theater, computer center. We found everyone friendly & helpful and our room was very clean & well-maintained. The only item we needed was an in-room safe to store a laptop. We did keep bikes on our vehicle outside overnight without incident. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for a wonderful review. I will pass on your request for in room safes to our owners however in the future we provide safety deposit boxes at the Front Desk, I realize it not as convenient as having one in your room. Thanks for staying with us and look forward to seeing you soon.
Suffolk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

The best part of this hotel was the reception staff. I stayed here for several days in May. The room was actually not bad. However, most of my issues were with the cleaning staff. The room hadn't been cleaned that well following the previous guest. I found that one of the side tables was sticky from some sort of spill. It was clearly visible as well, so not just a matter of not being seen. Also, I had a small bag of trash that would not fit in the can, which I placed by the can. Each day that I allowed the room to be cleaned, the bag of trash remained. I'd also accidentally knocked over some of the courtesy bottles of shampoo, etc. in the the bathroom. The next day when I returned to the room, new bottles had been placed on the tray, but the ones I'd knocked over were still there right behind the tray.

Lastly, there were serious issues with the internet not working well if at all in the majority of the lobby area. I was staying there with another co-worker. They also had issues with the internet not working in their room and mid-way through the stay also saw stink bugs in his room.

I'll not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to alert us of the issues while visiting us. There are no excuses for us offering sub par housekeeping services, your review was helpful in re-visiting the way we clean and inspect our guest rooms. "Evidence of prior guest" is unacceptable.
As I had mentioned to your colleague we were in the process of upgrading our wireless internet services and I am proud to announce it's up and running and the upgrade was a huge success. We have gotten great reviews about how fast and efficient it is. I hope in the near future you will stay with us and see the improvements in all the areas we lacked exceptional service.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Great value, great hotel, great location.
Have stayed many times through the years and have never been disappointed!
Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed April 2012
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for taking time out to give us such a favorable review, without feedback good or bad we are unable to grow and improve on the level of services we provide. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to having you back.
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I spent 4 days at this Hotel on business and my stay was ok, but, not great. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. Unfortunately, I ordered a Pizza from the cafe and it tasted like it was a frozen pizza. Not very nice. In addition, I purchased the "breakfast rate" and was surprised that the "breakfast" included orange juice OR coffee, not both! Wow. Buffets are much better and I think Marriott should realize this. The service at breakfast was also very slow and the restaurant opened late (by at least 15 minutes) on 2 of the 3 days I ate there. The Hotel is nice, but, there is nothing close by and within walking distance. It is a great place if you want peace and quet, otherwise, I suggest looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Not very useful for people who like to walk a lot as there is virtually nothing within walking dista...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thanks for taking time out to give us your valuable feedback. We promise to work deligently to improve on our new restaurant concept "The Bistro". We appreciate the fact you were specific about your likes and dislike so as we are able to work on them as a team. Our apologies if we were a little tardy on the daily opening and our "Stay for Breakfast" offering is a uniformed program througout all Courtyards and I am more that happy to bring your comments to our "Courtyard Refreshing Bussiness Team" that created the program perhaps for a revision. Thanks for staying with us and look forward to having you back.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I chose this hotel as it was close to the office that I was working out of. I did get an e-mail from the property stating that they were going under renovations and I thought that was cool. When I did arrive, the front desk arrival experience was ok. The trouble began afterwards, as there was a number of issues with the internet. I called to report the issue and the response was that it happens when too many people are on it. At 1am?!?!?!?! WOW! I just thought in other issues that occurred with this property (issue with bathroom) the lack of attention towards resolving an issue. Although this property is near my work facility, its extremely unlikely that I would return to this property.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thanks for taking time out to review our property, your feedback is very valuable and we appreciate it. Prior to receiving your comments we have purchased a very High Tec upgrade to our wireless high speed internet system and awaiting the installation. As a group we now realize that these wireless receivers are not long-lasting and needs periodically to be replaced. We certainly hope that you will try us in the future and hopefully you will see that we do take all comments seriously and try to rectify any shortcomings a quickly as we can. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park? Share your experiences!