“Nosy staff...like your parents, but worse!” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
King Of Prussia, Pa
“Nosy staff...like your parents, but worse!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I just stayed at this hotel. It was a last minute trip to help a friend, whom is running for local office. The idea was to be in the area to assist greeting voters on their way to work, and other types of outreach. I booked the hotel online and arrived the same evening, around 8 PM. During check in, the lady at the desk asked me a number of unusual and intrusive questions, such as "You didn't book this room until tonight, why is that?" and "Did you work hard today, or did you hardly work?" and also "your credit card isn't working" (she was swiping my AAA card!) During this unusual interrogation, she never bothered to inform me of the check out time, information about breakfast, instructions for the internet, or any other helpful information. She also did not mention or recognize my gold status with the hotel's loyalty program. Frankly, I found her questions inappropriate, and not typical of my 30+ hotel stays a year. But wait, it gets better. A short time later, a colleague stopped by to deliver some paperwork and files to use the following morning. The same hotel employee stopped him at the front desk and asked him "Where do you think you're going? No visitors!" She then proceeded to make him tell her which room number he was delivering said files to. I told her afterwards that I found her behavior inappropriate and offensive, to which she said she was just "being friendly" and "making conversation." I have absolutely no problem with friendly staff or conversations, but this lady was the definition of unprofessional and out of line. I suspect she is the same employee who told another reviewer here to dispose of his/her McDonald's bag in the dumpster. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ridgeland, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

From our first phone conversation to make reservations with Dopeka, we were treated with courtesy and professionalism. Our stay was for one week and was a nice place to come back to every evening. Had a nice continental breakfast every morning. Room was clean and very comfortable. We had everything we needed for our week long stay at this hotel. Would definitely stay there again when back in that area.
Sarah and Dave

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Pleasantville, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotels twice before and some of the staff are very nice and helpful. Recently had been trying to make reservations for future stays. I unsuccessfully have not been able to make reservations for whatever reasons, feel that the hotel's owner has been disrespectful and uncourteous to me. She talks with complete utter ignorance and is not accommodating.
I am in the hotel business and I am not a owner but every customer can make good impression on the hotels that we work for. Whether or not I was still a customer and shouldn't have been treated that way.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have stayed in several hotels in Vineland NJ on business. My recent experience at the Comfort Inn was by far the best of all. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, with "hospitality" their obvious goal. I highly recommend Quality to anyone!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

my wife and myself and several of our company ,who manage hotels in wildwood were evacuated from cape may county during hurricane irene.we selected the comfort by mere luck. aside from our sitiation, the hotel was clean and comfortable. rooms very nicely appointed and the bathrooms are top notch the management is courteous and friendla and Deepika is a friendly manager and a great host. while it was some of the most worrysome nights of our lives not knowing if our house would survive we felt comfortable and at home. all good things to say about this business.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed for the holiday weekend for the AMA road races. The management was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was nice, complete with waffles, fruit, juice, coffee and bagels.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Raleigh NC USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

OK I admit I am somewhat jaded when staying at many of the "pocket sized" chain hotel/ motels. Frankly there isn't a lot to recommend one over the other, especially when all you really want is basic accommodations. This hotel, however has a very responsive and interested/ engaged couple managing the front desk during the day who made an effort to accommodate the needs of our group. Make the effort to communicate with them and they will take care of you- it was almost as though they were trying to win repeat business one client at a time. Our group WAS a repeat stay, so it must be working. The hotel was clean, and I had no quibble with the room etc. The breakfast area is tiny and can be cramped, but is well maintained/ serviced. This is a modest place to consider if attending NJ Motorsports Park races.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!