“Stay at the Hampton Inn!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Vineland

You added Ramada Vineland to your Saves list
Ramada Vineland
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2216 W Landis Avenue and Route 55 Exit 32A, Vineland, NJ 08360   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
GreenLeadersGold level
New Jersey
“Stay at the Hampton Inn!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada of Vineland over night on July 6th. I was visiting the drive-in and didn't want to make the 2 hour drive home in the middle of the night. I have previously stayed at the Hampton Inn for the same reason, and found it much nicer and more enjoyable. I arrived at the Ramada at 4pm, an hour after check in. The woman at the counter seemed very unorganized. There was another couple in front of me checking in. It was at least a half hour before I made it to my room. She couldn't answer any of the other couple's questions, escpecially about rewards points. I had to wait quite awhile for her to radio to maintenace to find out if my room was clean. It wasn't, so I had to wait for them to discover a room that was clean. When I finally did arrive at my room I was disappointed. The Ramada boasted about having been completed remodeled and updated. I didn't see it. The hallways smelled strongly of smoke, even though we had a nonsmoking room. The bathroom, and especially the shower, were gross. The bed was very hard to sleep on. The only real light in the room is provided by 2 small bedside lamps. The only positives about this hotel were the pool and the diner that is on the premises. The pool is large and clean with a few lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas. I thought the hours were strange, 10-10. When we got up in the morning we had to wait around for a long time before we could use the pool. You receive a free cook to order breakfast in the morning at the diner in the lobby. There are 4 choices. I was surprised by the quality of their food. We had eaten there the previous night for dinner also. I had a crabcake sandwich, and was happy to see that it was lump crab meat and not a frozen, breaded patty. The wait staff seemed very unknowledgable though. You also have the option of eating in a smelly bar or a VERY overpriced steak house. If you need to stay in Vineland, spend your money at the Hampton Inn which is right next door. They are only 20 or 30 dollars more a night, and have a much nicer, and cleaner facility.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New Providence
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

1. I booked non-smoking two queen bed room since I have two little kids. The receptionist confirmed that I needed non-smoking room which I said yes. She let me wait for few minutes and assigned Room 155, which was freshly sprayed heavily with air freshner. After few hours, the room smelled smoke badly. There was even ashtray and matched on the table. They shouldn't lie about health!! They know I have kids
2. The bath-room flush is semi-broken. You need to flush it in a special way to make it happen.
3. Pay extra for microwave and fridge
4. The key stops working frequently
5. Pay extra for more than two in a room. for a family with kids, you pay for kids for breakfast.
6. Could be cleaner. Check room 155, I could see dust on walls clearly.
7. No towels on swimming pool.

Plus points
1. The 6-pack carry out beer in the bar is cool. Bar is nice.
2. Breakfast is good, though you have to pay for more than two packs.
3. Lots of parking space

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Vineland hotels

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The staff was friendly and the hotel had a nice pool area.
I also appreciated the large array of solar power panels the owners had installed but there were issues.

Was staying in this Ramada for a wedding and the reception was held in the hotel. Now the service and food for the actual wedding reception was very nice. Our hotel stay was only so-so.
We entered through a side door and the first thing you smell is smoke. A faint odor is no problem but it was overwhelming in the hallways (I am an ex-smoker). We had reserved a non smoking room (even when I was a smoker, I did not smoke inside)...and the room smelled of smoke. We actually went out and bought air freshener. The key card did not work on some of the common area assess doors. No elevator and I do realize it is only a two story hotel, but lugging heavy luggage up a flight of stairs can be taxing, especially for the older folks in our party.

The iron was attached to the ironing board via a security cord. I could understand this in a 1 star hotel..but we could barely iron a dress shirt, the cord was too short. The 2 star Super 8 I had previously stayed in did not have this problem!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Partlow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Average hotel, My initial quote for the room was in the upper 90's and ended up paying 134 a nigh,t with tax over 300 for 2 nights. Not what i was initially quoted

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

ramadavineland, Owner at Ramada Vineland, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry if there was any error in your room rate please call the hotel and ask for our General Manager and any error in your rate will be corrected. We would like to thank you for your stay and correct any difference in your room rate.
Again thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Regards
Annette

Been to Ramada Vineland? Share your experiences!