“New Jerseys Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
Kansas City, Kansas
“New Jerseys Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending a week at this hotel. The staff went out of their way to make sure that myself and other co-workers were happy and most of all comfortable. I relaay enjoyed the pleaseure of meeting Vaughan. If you don't do any thing else just being able to meet this man would make you want to come back. He is very pleasent not just to some but to all that he come in contact with. Each day Mr. Vaughan would greet us with a warm good morning and a bright smile. If he did n't have it he would make sure he got it. And the general manager "Oh My" knock, knock, like a dream come true. My bed was a little firm and he accomidated me by raising the mattress and placing extra padding under it. made me feel like a princess. If and when ever I return to New Jersey this is my choice hotel. You all rock keep up the wonderful job and you have my support 100%

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Jay V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the Wonderful Comments, We love taking the guest experience to the next level….

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Quuens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My business stay in Vineland NJ led me to the Holiday Inn Express hotel. With a strategic location (endless dining, entertainment, shopping etc), an easy click to find, irresistible amenities and excellent staffs (influenced by Vaughan) I was pleased with my stay. I will definitely revisit and recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Vineland area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you ! Vaughan is our “Hotel Ambassador” and is extremely tentative to our guest needs. Our location is just another big plus among many at the hotel !
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

As I frequent traveler to this area this hotel offers an excellent atmosphere. It is close to entertainment, shopping and several dining options. I always feel at home when I come here and am always greeted with a smile. Anytime I travel to this area I will be more than happy to revisit this "home away from home"

Room Tip: I recommend a suite if it is available. The sofa to relax on and the added space makes being away fr...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the great comments! It is true our location is a key point for our leisure and business travelers alike. Now even more popular our suites are sensational, spacious and newly renovated!
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I would like to have been able to join the pile of excellent comments for this property as we have stayed there multiple times over the past several years (maybe 10 nights total...) But on our very last trip an unpleasant experience was compounded by a complete failure on the part of management to resolve the situation to our satisfaction. Before I tell you about that, let me mention that I have given the Absecon, NJ HIE an excellent rating on Trip Advisor - so please know that what I am saying about this property is equally true.

On previous stays we have had a mostly good experience. It is usually a clean property, with a pool and the non-managerial staff have been excellent within the limits of what they are permitted to do.

The failure I speak of is on the part of management.

We went to NJ on Saturday, November 5 for an overnight getaway - which we had hoped would be restful and at least a little relaxing. We were permitted to check in way early which we appreciated. We dropped our stuff and went out for the day - arriving back at the hotel after dinner.

Our room was on the third floor. When we came out of the elevator (after returning) we noticed some music as soon as we got off the elevator. It turned out to be coming from a room across the hall and down a few doors from our room. We went in our room, changed clothes, and tried to watch the news. But this was not possible because now the loud music was LOUDER - because it was now directly next door, and in addition - there was shouting... (reminded us of a frat party type deal.)

So we thought - okay maybe they are just getting ready to go out soon and it will quiet down. But it didn't. So we called the front desk and a very nice young lady stated that she would handle it. So then it got a tiny bit quieter, because it moved back to the original room. But it continued and we decided that this was not relaxing at all, and we would not be able to stay. We had had an experience with noise issues on a separate occasion when we did stay - but that however, was merely the experience of being in a room near the door to the pool with that door opening and closing all night. We stayed that night and we did not even complain about it. But this was not acceptable.

I went to the front desk and spoke to the CSR who stated that she had spoken to them and then she apologized a lot and offered a room on the 2nd floor. We refused because 1. this party apparently had multiple rooms and we did not need to end up in a room that was UNDER them. So I told her we intended to leave and we would not expect to have to pay for the night.

I went back upstairs where we packed and prepared for a 3-1/2 hour drive back home - because we did not feel like trying to find some other hotel at that point. We checked out, and the desk agent apologized again - and mentioned that she was going to end up having to talk to them again another 3 or 4 times that night. It surprised me a little that she said this - but then this property does not apparently have any kind of security staff to handle these issues - or a manager who has provided any kind of actual authority to the Front Desk Staff to completely handle the situation. At least that is how it seemed.

We left, after ensuring that we would not be charged for not staying. A day or so after we left, I sent an email to the manager to express our frustration and unhappiness with our experience.

This was his response:
"I am sorry that you encountered so many issues during your stay with us. We have a large group in house with us for four months and they tend to be noisy. I have addressed this with the leader of their group. Due to the inconveince the front desk has comped your stay with us and we apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectations."

This may have been an acceptable response if we had opted to stay that night - but we did NOT. How do you comp a service that was essentially not used? How does that make me feel better when I left unhappy and tired, and feeling the need to drive all the way home?

Notice that he basically told me that his "large group" who have been in-house for more than 4 months - "tend to be noisy" but he has addressed it. Well, when exactly was that? Because it was not the case for us. And if he, as a good manager knows this - why on earth do you not put them in an area of the hotel where they will be of minimum disruption to your other guests? Remember the Front Desk Agent said she would have to talk to them 3 or 4 more times that night... NOW I understood how she knew that.

So I expressed my dissatisfaction with the response back to the manager who completely ignored me from that point on. Then I sent a note to Priority Club - because we are PC members - for what that is worth.... not apparently much because they sent a boilerplate response and forwarded my complaint to "Guest Relations" Dept. - who - you guessed it - did nothing except apologize a tiny bit and stat that they sent my comments to the hotel and she knew they would make an effort to make it right.

Well - no - since I have already complained to them and got nothing but the most anemic apology I have ever received.

Because of the poor handling of this situation by this property - we will never return to Vineland HIE.

Because Corporate (IHG) failed to understand our issues or even to read the email correspondence closely enough to understand the failure and the fact that the manager from Vineland failed to address the matter in any meaningful way - we will not return to ANY Holiday Inn property.

There are other hotels where staff are empowered to resolve situations in a way that works for everyone and we certainly don't need to be loyal to a hotel that is just relieved that we left and stopped complaining to them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
HolidayInnVineland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
We are very sorry that a group of our guests were loud during your stay. We have adjusted all of your charges off your bill and our staff, management and Corporate Office have all apologized to you.
Troy, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

As a project manager working in the area for 10 - 12 months, I was looking for a cost effective hotel close to the work site for myself and colleagues that would be in for 1 to 4 week periods of time. The hotel is close to shoping and dinning, much of it within easy walking distance, making it very convienent. The best part of my stay has been the staff, all of whom are very polite and helpful beyond expectation. They are in the process of renovating, and have done so in a way that does not inconvience the guests. I have enjoyed getting to know the staff, and they make an effort to make me feel at home.

Room Tip: If you need a refridgerator in your room, just ask. They have a few "floaters" they are w...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the nice things that you had to say. It was a concern of mine that the construction was becoming an inconveince, but it was nice to hear otherwise.
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

We come to NJ about 2 times a year and used to stay at a different hotel. When Their rates went up, we found the Holiday Inn in Vineland to be a great deal. And it has a pool!!! Our family enjoys it every time we are there. We've been at hotels where breakfast was included in the stay as it is at the Holiday Inn, but none of them were as good. Not to mention the staff at the hotel we used to stay at ran it like the gestapo - started cleaning up before the end, didn't replentish the food well, and made us feel like we needed to hurry. VAUGHAN, who runs the Holiday Inn breakfast, has practically become a friend of the family. He recognizes us and makes us feel right at home (everyone else too). Even when we come down with 10 min. remaining for breakfast, he brings out fresh rolls and cereal if they have run out. He doesn't hurry us a bit, welcomes everyone to stay all day, if they want. He is very accommodating. The Holiday Inn in Vineland is my family's "holiday inn."

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
HolidayInnVineland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
We are glad that you feel so at home here with us. Vaughan is a great employee who really goes out of his way to make our guests feel special.
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I have been there for a couple days and the service is excellent. The staff is nice, rooms are clean, and the pool is great. The morning cook is very nice and the breakfast was excellent. I would recomend this as the best place to stay in Vineland. They made me feel like I was at home:)

Room Tip: I liked staying in the third floor because it was more quite than the first level units.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
I am overwhelmed with the amount of nice comments we are getting. Thank you for your kind words and please come see us again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!