“Good authentic Indian food” 4 of 5 stars

(856) 696-8291
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian
“Good authentic Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

This is the first Indian restaurant that I have been to that is good. They have authentic cuisine. The staff are great, very clean. It's actually relaxing as well. You would be pleased.

New Jersey
“A Step Up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My mom told me about this place, as a coworker of hers had recommended it. It's right around the corner of my house, so I thought I'd stop by. I love Indian cuisine, but the closest ones that I like are in the Haddonfield area. It was a little hard to locate this restaurant, but it's the plaza right next to Second St and fronting Chestnut. I believe it replaced an Hispanic business. Anyways, on to the food.

My husband is a huge fan of naan bread, so I picked up some garlic naan for him, mango lassi (also a huge fave), and a spicy tomato soup for me. My mom ordered spicy lamb from a dish that started with a "k". The owner was very friendly and sweet, but his accent is at times indiscernible. It's set up as a restaurant, but they are takeout friendly. We sat and waited for our food about 20 minutes.

I enjoyed the naan immensely, as did my husband. He wants to try the plain naan next time, but he tore through the garlic one no problem. The soup was thin, which was fine, but incredibly spicy. I had to eat it in spurts. It's definitely not something you can down in one sitting. I'm Jamaican, and love spice, but you have to have an expert hand when using peppers. You never want to overwhelm a dish. You simply want to highlight a flavor. My mom complained that her lamb was too spicy, and she only ordered it medium hot. I don't hold it against the place. I'd simply order a light spice level next time. The food itself is cooked well.

I believe the cuisine is mostly northern Indian, but I might be mistaken. I think it's a wonderful addition to Vineland's severely lacking culinary diversity. Half the restaurants (if not more) are Italian. It's time for some diversity and I hope this place is patronized well enough to last. The food is really very good. I can't speak to the restaurant experience since I ordered take out, but I'm sure it's fine. They have TVs in there, displaying Indian entertainment, bright pink walls, and some multicolored triangle flags crisscrossing the room's ceiling. It also has the typical Buddhas and Indian art one might expect.

All in all, very enjoyable and I look forward to returning.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newport
“Great Indian Food in Vineland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

WE recently had the pleasure of eating at this great small Indian restaurant that recently ooened in Vineland. It is off Delsea Drive on Chestnut Ave heading toward the old Newcomb Hospital ( east). The setting is not great but the food is outstanding and the service is attentive. We started with an order of Samosa and it was the closest to a real Indian one we have had! The food was spicy so make sure you order some Raita to do with it and let them know if you like it hot or not! Luncheon specials are also available . A great addition to Vineland/Millville area residents.

• Visited October 2011