“New Years 2013 at the Alpine Haus!” 5 of 5 stars

Alpine Haus Bed and Breakfast Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   217 State Route 94, Vernon, NJ 07462   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Vernon B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“New Years 2013 at the Alpine Haus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed at the Alpine Haus with our extended family (20+ people) to celebrate New Years 2013 and had a great time. We're a family of 5 with three small children, ages ranging from 4.5y - 2m old and we had enough space in the Buttercup Room on the first floor of the Carriage house. The room had a large fireplace that added warmth as well as a thermostat to control the room temperature. The bathroom was quite large as well and had a separate shower and a large jacuzzi tub. The bathroom also had a mini refrigerator, a microwave and a coffee maker.
(If someone is staying on the second floor of the carriage house, you will hear footsteps from the stairs outside as well as from above).

Alison served a hearty breakfast each morning that was filling and delicious. The common room on the first floor of the main house was very cozy and nicely appointed. No TV in the common room, but each bedroom has it's own flat screen television. Rooms are very clean. Wireless internet was available through out the property. Very happy with our stay and we would definitely come back again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I enjoyed staying at the Alpine Haus. Took my granddaughter snowboarding for the first time and I let her decide where she wanted to stay. She chose your lovely home because it was very affordable and actually within walking distance of the Mountain Creek Ski Resort and she wanted to experience a B & B as she had never been to one before.The breakfasts were lovely and as my granddaughter is a vegan, I appreciated the effort Allison made to prepare breakfasts that were varied and tasty. The room was nice and thanks Jack for recommending the Milano Italian restaurant not far from the B & B. It was a relaxing getaway. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My (now) fiance and I have stayed several times at the Alphine Haus and absolutely love it! It's our home away from home when we visit from Florida. I actually experienced seeing and feeling snow fall from the sky for the first time this past Saturday 12/29/12! Later that night we went to NYC and my boyfriend proposed to me while admiring the beautiful tree at Rockefeller Center! I can't wait to visit the Alphine Haus again to share our good news with the owners Jack and Allison! They make us feel like family. Thank you for the great memories and we will be back soon!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have never stayed at a B&B, always in hotels, but I have to say it was my favorite traveling experience. I spend 75 nights a year away from home and this trip was the most relaxing I've had. The breakfasts were fantastic!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Northern NJ / NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My Wife & I stayed at the Alpine Haus last weekend. We were attending a Wedding at the nearby Crystal Springs Resort and the Alpine Haus provided a less expensive lodging alternative. The Room was Clean and Bright and exactly as adverised on their Website. They offer free wireless Internet, and a Great Full Breakfast. Allison & Jack were Great Hosts and made the experience very nice. There is a nice porch out back that we used to read and hang out in between activities for the Wedding. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Millville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were in the area to apple pick in nearby Warwick NY (super close to) and needed a last minute place to stay for the night. We ended up here because they had two rooms and really lucked out that we did! The place is super cute and the owners were wonderful! Great place, great location - also close to the Appalachian Trail in the area for hiking - great breakfast! Will go back next year when we come up to hike and apple pick in Warwick.

Room Tip: They have a cute detached cottage out back as well as plenty of rooms in the main house. The bottom...