“Best Wedding Experience!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Minerals Hotel

You added Minerals Hotel to your Saves list
Minerals Hotel
Route 94 & 2 Chamonix Drive, Crystal Springs Resort, Vernon, NJ 07462 (Formerly Minerals Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vernon
Yorktown Heights, New York, Usa
“Best Wedding Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Let me start off by saying that Minerals Resort and Spa is absolutely beautiful from the Main lobby to the pool areas to the hotel rooms.

My husband and I had our wedding here on 2/23/2013 and it was the most wonderful experience for us and our guests. Arcade room, pools, basketball courts, fitness center...the activities were endless. Many of our guest also made use of the Elements Spa which they said was amazzzing! The main attraction for Greg and I was Mountain Creek Ski Resort which is in Minerals' backyard (literally). Shuttles to and from the ski lifts made it super easy for us (and many of our friends) to enjoy the Mountain the day before the wedding; and some the day of.

One of the key attributes when having a wedding here is the ability to have the Ceremony, Cocktail hour, Reception and lodging all in one place. Once your guests check in, they don't need to leave for anything...and with all the activities they have onsite, they won’t even want to!!! The added bonus for us was Kites, the restaurant/bar right upstairs!! It was the perfect setting as an "after party" for us and our guests.

The hotel rooms were gorgeous and spacious. Most of them had a balcony and some with awesome views of the mountain and beautiful scenery (it was a little gloomy and drizzily the weekend of our wedding and the views were still really nice). Bathrooms looked like they were newly renovated and everything was very, very clean! You can get a good idea from the pictures on their website but believe me, they don't do them justice!!

Minerals' event coordinators, Kathy and Danielle, sealed the deal for Greg and I. Our initial visit with Danielle went great and nearly signed papers before the meeting was over, due to her personality alone! They were both such a pleasure to work with, so sweet and responsive! Late night emails were answered first thing the next morning and last minute changes were made without hesitation. Kathy was onsite the day before and the day of the wedding and handled everything beautifully. It's safe to say I wouldn't have made it through without her. I was able to talk to her like a friend which is huge for a bride on her wedding day!! Special shout out to Joshua and Stephanie who waited on us hand and foot. Greg and I kept saying how we felt like royalty!! (which a bride and groom should on their wedding day!). Friends and family continuously mentioned the excellent service they received from the entire staff all weekend long

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We recently stayed here as part of a 3 day conference and it is a great venue to do this.

The hotel is large and has enough areas to run various events e.g. team build activities/ workshops/ demonstrations etc and there were a lot of options for different activities e.g. basketball, swimming,spa as well as karaoke.

As part of the conference we were provided with a buffet style offering for breakfast, lunch and dinner but unlike most buffets the quality fo the food was very good and the variety enabled there to be something for everyone.

The type of room varied as some were huge with a fireplace and dining table, others were a standard large room with 2 beds. Regardless of the size all rooms felt spacious and the bed/bedding were the most comfortable i have stayed in for a long while.

The only thing that was a bit disappointing was that you could only get wifi in the lobby and as there were about 170 of us at the conference it was not the ideal place to work. If we could wifi in the rooms that would make a big difference.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alpha, New Jersey, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband planned this weekend getaway for our 22nd anniversary (3/9/13). We have never done a weekend like this before and did not know what to expect. But let me tell, it was more than we expected. The room was amazing as was the pool and Kites restaurant and the whole resort. Your staff was MORE than friendly, especially, Amanda and Alexa at Kites. What a great staff you have. We didn't do much as far as massages and hiking etc. It was all about relaxing, kid-free for the weekend. And we did that all weekend. We are definitely planning to come back and if our kids are lucky we'll bring them along! Thank You for an AMAZING anniversary weekend! The Manzo's

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockaway, New Jersey, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband's family and I have been visiting Minerals for the past two years to remember our wedding weekend with the family. Everytime we visit, Kim U at the front desk remembers our family by name and makes sure she goes out of her way to say hello. She always makes us feel extremely welcomed and goes the extra mile for us. Our family really enjoys the Kids Kamp which offers to wisk the kids away for a couple hours, feeds, and entertains them (Just $15!!) while the adults relax and fill up on the great food at Kites (Loved the Dinner Buffet). A nice treat after playing with the kids in the amazing pool all day! We always run into Danielle s, our wedding planner, who is also very wecloming! Great spot! Will be back for years to come!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Long Island City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very poor customer service for a spa! This was our first time at Crystal Springs Minerals Spa. Prior to booking some specific information should be given like if your book a spa appointment and you get there late for whatever reason the time is deducted from your session with no compensation on the rate. Now I think if that's their policy and they are really interested in the customer enjoying the experience then they should communicate that prior to the appointment. So my husband and I get there and it being our first time in the area, we had some silly GPS issues and parking ones also and got to our session at most I would say 12mins late. We were supposed to get 1 hour full body couples massages instead it turned into an upper body massage for me and quickie massage for my husband. After a 25 minute massage we waited for the foot soak that ended the session $125. session. I'm still waiting for Daniela the supervisor to call me about how the whole thing was communicated. Needless to say I will never go back. I work too hard for my money to hand it over to people who obviously don't have anything in mind from the customer than getting the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reinholds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family of four spent two nights and my sister-in-law and her family spent one night. This cost $900 for very average hotel rooms. The rooms were small and didn't even have a refrigerator. You are paying for the amenities. The pools are very fun but two were closed after my sister-in-law was an inch away from stepping on a broken glass. Kites restaurant was not worth the price, waiter was missing most of the dinner and we received the wrong order. It was nice to have the fitness classes, gym, basketball court, and spa at your convenience. However, for the price it just wasn't worth it.

• Stayed January 2013
Phila, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I'm pulling this from part of my email to the GM.
I have Severe Neurological Lyme Disease & after almost a year of dealing with treatment I'm about to start a brutal series of IV antibiotics. I had needed to getaway to relax & to get my mind ready for what I'm about to endure.I had worked with the manager at Minerals Resort & Spa who did provide me with a complimentary upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Luxury Room which I am grateful for. The room itself was a disappointment however, I traveled a lot before I got sick & I understand that what you portray online is not always what you are provided with.With that said the room was nice enough but the fireplace did not face the bed as I expected, it faced the kitchen! The tv for the bed was limited as to the channels available. When I called the front desk I was told the room is owned by someone & they choose what's available. How can you provide rooms to guests when they are given limitations? I was unable to access ABC, CBS, NBC or any pay per view movies. That was the whole point of my getaway, to relax in bed with a nice fireplace & the option to watch some different movies. The tv that did provide all those options was above the fireplace & the swivel of the tv was so limited that was extremely hard to sit on the sofa & see it & we didn't want to break it by pulling it too hard! There is only one elevator that takes you to the main level where we can get to our room from the spa (which I must commend for their over & beyond service) & I am in a wheelchair. The elevator was out of order due to maintenance. No time frame was posted so my only option was the steps, I can barely do the steps in my home let alone all those steps I needed to climb to get to the main level. I did my best to do those steps with the help of my boyfriend, gym staff members & random people in the gym. I still ended up with at least 3 falls & eventually went into a seizure towards the top of the steps. There were so many things that made the resort not handicap friendly! I was also not provided an itemized list of charges and a total at checkout. There was nothing! I do not understand this practice nor am I comfortable with it! I don't know what I was charged for! As for the falls on the steps I was left with severe extensive bruising which my Dr is concerned about due to my pic line.This was supposed to be my little mental escape but ended up just being a disappointment. I have no desire to return to this resort nor would I ever recommend it to anyone. Yes it's pretty but that's about all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Quality Inn near Mountain Creek
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#5 of 17 in Parsippany
4.0 of 5 stars 410 reviews

Been to Minerals Hotel? Share your experiences!