We stayed for 3 days starting on Presidents day 2013. We rented directly from an owner for much less than what the hotel would have charged. We did not have internet or TV service which according to the hotel was a problem unrelated to them. We rented a 2nd floor 1 bedroom condo with a mini kitchenette. Our unit was clean and everything other than TV/internet was in working order. The front desk was friendly and helpful and loaned us some games and DVDs since we could not watch TV. We are a family of 5 so this condo provided much more room than the typical hotel room and we were able to make some simple breakfasts and lunches. There were no laundry facilities in the condo but the hotel has a few machines guests can use which work with quarters. Our kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub on a rainy February day. The pool is heated but it would be much better if it was indoors. The exercise room is tiny with only a few pieces of equipment. The location at the base of the ski slope was great for the convenience of going back and forth. Grand Cascades and Minerals require one to drive or take a shuttle in order to reach the ski lodge. The sound proofing in the hotel is not the best, We did hear a good deal of noise from the hallway and the heating system was noisy as well. The heated underground parking was a nice feature. You do not have access to the pools at Grand Cascades and Minerals when you stay here. We were told the fees to use those pools range from $50 to $100 per person per day if you are not staying at one of those hotels, so consider staying elsewhere if you want more than a basic outdoor pool. If we ski at Mountain Creek again we would consider staying at the Appalachian. With kids convenience is sometimes more valuable than amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mountain Creek offers luxury hotel and vacation condo rental lodging for your Appalachian Mountain vacation in Northern New Jersey. The surrounding Vernon Valley area offers fantastic dining, 12 golf courses, antiquing, wineries, horseback riding, apple orchards, quaint shops, stunning state parks, the Space Farms zoo, hiking and of course, world-class snowboarding, skiing and snow tubing in the winter. Your perfect family getaway or romantic weekend to remember awaits you. We'll exceed all your expectations at Mountain Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Mountain Creek - The Appalachian & Black Creek Sanctuary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Creek - The Appalachian And Black Creek Sanctuary
- Mountain Creek - The Appalachian & Black Creek Sanctuary Hotel Vernon