“ribs and rock fest” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 7 Attractions in Vernon
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Family-oriented winter resort offers ski and snowboard terrain for all skill levels.
Wayne, New Jersey, Usa
“ribs and rock fest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

the show was great. the people were friendly,and the staff was very kind and helpful, i would return to hidden valley for other events.

Visited June 2013

Highland Lakes, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
“The Hidden Valley Restaurant is an excellent place for Sunday Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Since my daughter is living in Alaska, my husband had the duty to take me out for my Mother's day brunch!
We go to the 9AM service at Emergence in Totowa each Sunday, so we had countless places to choose from between Totowa and Vernon (on Route 23).

Living in Highland Lakes, I drove by the sign that the newly reopened Hidden Valley restaurant was offering a Mother's day brunch. They also listed the single word "Mimosa" which got me to thinking.
The brunches I've gone to in the past that offered Mimosa's were upscale.
Maybe it was time to give the Hidden Valley Restaurant another shot. I said a quick prayer for the business and kept on driving up the hill.

On Sunday, I told my husband where I wanted to go that particular day (we always go out to eat after church on Sunday). He asked me, "Are you sure?"
As we walked up the parking lot towards the stairs, we were surrounded by flower fairies (air born seeds) dancing around our heads.

We walked in an was immediately greeted by our server, Jen.
It took a while to order because their tables must have came in at the same time.

But once we ordered, we were treated by my "complimentary" Mimosa, peach sorbet and a basket of cornbread and mini-muffins.
I ordered breakfast, "Huevos Rancheros" (mexican style eggs) and my husband ordered the "Fish & Chips" made with Cod.
I LOVED my eggs, everything about them was perfect!
Althought growing up in Massachusetts, my husband is not a fish eater and only has it occassionally. For him to enjoy a meal including fish is HUGE!
I liked the red cabbage slaw that occupanied his meal, it had a bit of an oriental flavor to it (yummy)!
Over all we LOVED our meal and will be back AGAIN!

Great service Jen and our compiments to the new chef!

Visited May 2013
Hillsborough
“Great place for first time and beginning skiers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My children, 7 and 9 years old took lessons and picked it up immediately. The staff and guests were all very nice and patient. It is a very welcoming atmosphere. I went during Presidents day weekend and it wasn't crowded at all!
The negative is that its so very small for the seasoned skier, like myself. After my kids learned how to ski, I wish we could've gotten on a different slope but there wasn't more to chose from. There was only beginner or expert, no in between. But the intermediate slope could've been closed just that weekend. Still, great for beginners but very small mountain.

Visited February 2013
Cranbury, New Jersey
16 attraction reviews
“Beginner and Advanced runs, Lessons, Music”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visited the ski area on a Saturday afternoon with a child under 5. Lift ticket was free for my child, and I received $10 off by turning in my lift ticket for another mountain. Staff was friendly at the ticket office, in the lodge, and on the hill. The mountain had more advanced runs than beginner runs. If you are a beginner or have skied less than 5 times, I would suggest sticking to Chicken Delight. The runs from the top of the triple chair are too challenging! Browse along was not open from the top of the triple which might be a nice option for those who graduated from Chicken Delight. My daughter did not take lessons but the instructors seemed enthusiastic, and the class sizes for boarding and skiing were ideal (5 or less). Cool factor-acoustic rock music could be heard throughout the lodge. Plenty of available space to sit and grab some hot chocolate. Enjoy.

Visited February 2013
Annandale, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
“Great place for our beginner ski family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is definitely a more family-oriented ski area, and great for beginners. The group ski lesson program has been great for my 8- and 10-year old boys, with groups generally not exceeding 6 or so. The grownups have taken advantage of the good beginner and intermediate slopes to refresh our long lost skills without waiting in long lift lines. The lodge is decent, but the food upstairs is much better than in the main cafeteria (where the hot chocolate was a bit disappointing). As a smaller resort we appreciate the relatively short walk from our car and from the rental house to the lodge. Rental equipment seemed to be in good shape and met our needs. The slopes tend to have a friendly crowd of beginner and intermediate level skiiers, and a fair number of kids.

Visited January 2013