“Amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Vernon
More attraction details
Owner description: Where will you spend your summer days? …In the natural surroundings of the mountains?...On the beach?...Poolside? Well how about all three! Mountain Creek's Waterpark awaits, with over 2 dozen unique rides, slides and pools set in the mountains of Vernon, New Jersey, just 47 miles from NY City. Experience the thrills of 1,600 feet of pure whitewater adrenaline on the infamous Colorado River Ride, the largest water ride in the region. Leap from the Canyon Cliff into endless blue water, or rocket down Thunder Run or The Gualey, the most supercharged whitewater tube rides you've seen! Drop 40 feet on our Vertigo and Vortex tube speed coasters...in the dark! Plummet 99 feet in just seconds on the H2Oh-No! speed slide. Swing into action on the Tarzan Swings, or race through the dark and shoot out 10 feet above the water on the daring Cannonball. High Anxiety begins with a 5 story drop before accelerating riders into the immense funnel that propels you to panic-inducing heights and a momentary Zero-G experience. It's the shore without the jelly fish! The Hightide Wavepool is one of the largest pools of it's kind, sculpting over 450,000 gallons of water into perfect sets of waves every 10 minutes! Kids World offers more than enough fun to keep the kids happy all summer long. Have a blast in The Spraygrounds, relax in the Lost Island River, zoom down The Hook, or play on our multilevel interactive water play fort, complete with water slides, spray cannons, water hoses, and a 'fishy' shower!
New York City, New York
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Great overall!! Loved the park! Great for adventurous people and little kids also because they have small slides, jungle gym, sprinklers & lazy river! They're all just for little kids and rest are for everyone else!

East Islip, New York, Usa
11 attraction reviews
“Very Hilly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Had not been to Action Park in years. Won the tickets to the water park at a fund raiser giving me the opportunity to visit the park again. I actually drove past the park and had to turn around since the signage was not very good. Then when we went to park the attendants didn't really show you where to go and I wound up down a row full of cars had to back up and try again. So then there is the first of many hills to come. Now we enter the park and there is a map of the area which was not very clear. You can't tell where the rides are really located. Height restrictions are not explained clear.

So the map supposedly is color coded for the rides to height restriction but they don't show the color for the ride on the map. Because of all the hills you can't even tell where half the rides are. There were no real lines for the rides so no real crowd that was good.

If you have young kids under 42' don't even bother there is not much for them to do there. Unless the kid is free a waste of money. This is more of a place for the teenagers who have the stamina for climbing a mountain. Not really a place I will looking to go back to.

16 attraction reviews
“Action park is back with a vengence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Back in the day I would hit action park every summer and have the scars to prove it. Now that it is back I had to go check it out. It was very much the same as I remembered but is much cleaner and safer then the old action park. The good news is the water slides are still pretty crazy and fun. They also have some new rides that I really enjoyed. The Colorado river ride is more intense then the old version and they now make u wear helmets. At first I wondered if the helmets were overly precautionary but after going on I was happy I wore a helmet. That ride is insane and hitting heads on other people in the tube or hitting your head on the slide is almost a guarantee. The cannonball is just as I remembered and the water is just as cold as I remember too. So be prepared for taking an ice bath in the cold mountain water that is in most of the rides. The new alpine slide is a lot of fun and reminds me of the old one but is much safer since you cant get road rash since it is connected to a metal track instead of being loose on a concrete track. It is a small extra fee to ride but worth it. They also have a great sky ride with amazing views of the mountains which is free and u can watch the mountain bikers do crazy tricks which was cool. Overall this might become a summer tradition once again and I highly recommend it. Be ready for a workout the hills can be intense but worth it.

Quincy, Massachusetts
43 attraction reviews
“AMAZING! Nothing Else like this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

WOW! this place is truly one of a kind. This water park is so adventure packed you can not miss it.

Me and some friends were coming to NYC/Jersey from Boston for the weekend, and someone mentioned this park, so we took a detour, and went out of our way for it. TOTALLY WORTH IT! The park has so many one of a kind rides, and everything is blended in to the mountain. Lots of walking, but loads of fun. There's a cliff jump. We went on some crazy raft ride that you had to wear full covered helmets. We thought to ourselves how crazy could it be... by the end we were all screaming from excitement.

I know i will be back. I will probably make a trip just for this park... its just not your typical water park. I did see it featured on travel channels XTREME waterparks, and for good reason!!!

Aspen, Colorado
23 attraction reviews
“Cold water, but good times!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had a great time visiting last year. We had an almost-five year old and the hills were testing, but the weather was good and we were able to enjoy the wave pool and some of the rapids. Now, we did find one of the rapids to be quite shallow, to the point where my friend scraped his back, and I found this a little concerning (we were seated as per the guidance). The water was very cold as it was fresh from the mountain melt, but we just had to take a deep breath and get on with it. Definitely would agree with an earlier comment about taking some kind of footwear you can keep on on the rides as the floor is not only hot but a bit rough. It was a bit pricey, but there were nice areas for young kids and adults alike and the setting was good. Would definitely recommend.

Visited September 2013