“Very nice Bed & Breakfast with GREAT extras!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast

You added Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   105 South Little Rock Avenue, Ventnor City, NJ 08406   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Ventnor City B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Temple, PA
“Very nice Bed & Breakfast with GREAT extras!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We just returned home from a 2 Night Stay at the Carisbrooke Inn, and we'd highly recommend it! We stayed in the Morning Mist room in the cottage across the street from the main inn, which includes a very comfy bed, small kitchen area and plenty of room to move around. The bathroom was very small, but functional. I hear that the rooms in the main inn are beautifully appointed but more expensive - this less expensive room was very nice, and we loved having the kitchen available to us.

The inn is located just a half-block off of the Ventnor Boardwalk, which we loved. The best part of this Bed and Breakfast is the extras and the staff.

As for the extras, there was a bottle of wine awaiting us in our room. Refrigerators in the hall are stocked with bottles of cold water for guests free of charge. There were fresh made cookies and fruit put out for guests when we arrived, and the cookies were delicious. In the evening, our hosts put out wine, cheese, crackers and other snacks for guests.

My husband and I agree that the breakfast included with our stay was the best breakfast we ever had included with a hotel stay. There was fruit, homemade scones, a wide selection of teas and coffee and juice as the first course, and then we had the choice of eggs, omelets, oatmeal, french toast or their famous pancakes cooked to order, with our choice of a selection of a variety of bacons, sausages, potatoes and more. The food was presented prettily with additional fruit, and it was all scrumptious. Our favorites were the pancakes and the omelets, which were prepared perfectly every day.

The inn also provided towels and beach chairs, which was handy, and beach tags for our entire stay.

The very best part of our stay was the welcoming and attentive staff, especially a young man named Lucas who greeted us when we arrived. He took care of our every need, and even walked us to our room and offered to carry our bags. Every time we saw him over the 3 days we were there, he checked on if there was anything he could do for us and was so kind and helpful. Even while painting the porch when we were leaving, he offered to help carry our bags, and talked with my husband about our stay and invited us to return to the inn. I wish this young man worked for my business - I would hire him in a minute. :)

We typically stay in Atlantic City at the casinos, but I'm sure we'll be staying at the Carisbrooke Inn from now on, due to their exceptional service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Mount Holly, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

While working our way up the NJ coast from Cape May into NYC, we stopped at several places along the way. Carisbrooke was the best stop on our trip. Room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. Staff was helpful in anticipating our needs and serving all guests with genuine personal interest and care. Breakfast was better than what we expected and made to order. Great spot on the beach and convenient to area attractions without being overcrowded. Even though we live close enough to drive home at end of a day in Ventnor, I'm sure we'll look for any excuse to stay again.

Room Tip: We found the extra fee for room 2 worth the expense. Enjoyed the whirlpool tub and quiet balcony for...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great staff, great stay, great location, great pancakes. A great anniversary spot. We had a great time and it's so close to the beach. I can't wait to go back and have more pancakes! I'm definitely staying again.

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I live 5 minutes from the Carisbrooke Inn, and have had family members stay at the Inn whenever we have a family event and I have guests in from out of town. The owner is very easy to work with and has accomodated our needs each time. The location is very convenient to the beach and boardwalk, as well as to Atlantic City. It has been a pleasure working with the Carisbrooke Inn, and my family guests have had a lovely stay each time.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a weekend and were a little disappointed. The new staff, while eager, was poorly trained. This was evident when I attempted to pay and the assistant tried to write down my credit card number on a slip of paper. Breakfast was good but the server didn't know what poached eggs were and repeatedly told other customers to "sit and wait" for her. While the inn offered creature comforts the AC unit was extremely loud and made it difficult to sleep through the night. The beach chairs and towels were a nice touch but I've been to better B&Bs and had better breakfast in diners. Unfortunately I will not visit again.

• Stayed June 2014
CarisbrookeJohn, Owner at Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Taryn.
I am very sorry you were disappointed with your stay with us. I appreciate you taking time to write a review and especially for being specific with your concerns.

Unfortunately, the day you checked in we had another staff person call out and the person who checked you in was very new. This time of year much of our staff changes (the downside of being in a very seasonal area).
I looked into the credit card issue. I'm sorry my employee was not following our normal procedure. He was still being trained at the time.

I am also sorry breakfast did not go smoothly for you. We try to keep breakfast better organized but unfortunately some days we have people show up who did not reserve time for breakfast and this can cause delays and have people wait. We have not been able to find a good way to get everyone to show up at the time they reserve or to take the time to reserve a time for breakfast. Rather than turn people away we try to accommodate everyone.

I will look into the air conditioner in the room which you stayed. This is the first time I've been made aware it was very noisy so it may be time to replace it.

I'm sorry you will not return. We will work hard to correct these issues and hopefully if you do return they will be much improved.
Glassboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We enjoyed so much about our stay at Carisbrooke--the location, the many personal touches throughout the inn, our attendant and breakfast server, the thoughtful pre-dinner snacks, and the bountiful breakfast. This was our first time in Ventnor, but this B&B will have us considering it as a destination again. We stayed in room 4 which had the closest access to the 2nd floor deck.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Friendly staff, comfortable bed, clean room, good location, and full breakfast. I will stay again! A great value during the week! Off site parking is available. The bathroom was adequate. The only downside is the. Number of stairs.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!